test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need help with building Munition Freeform

mog555mog555 Posts: 95 Arc User
Hello all and sorry for the noob questions. :) Like the title I'm in need of some advice with building my munition character after the changes made to munition set.

My playstyle involve around mobility and crits and my build is very straightforward (Since the Powerhouse hasn't been update yet, I use the same order and the same selection, even after the changes.)

Powers:
Level 1: Gunslinger
Level 1: Two-Gun Mojo (Rank 2, Rank 3) My bread and butter, only with massive cost early game
Level 6: Holdout Shot (Stim Pack) Self heal and best use when crits
Level 8: Quarry (Rank 2, Rank 3) Boost the mix damage of Rocket, bonus Int/ego from ss Int.
Level 11: Evasive Maneuvers (Sleight of Mind) Self defense mechanic via dodge buff and adv. for threat wipe
Level 14: Concentration
Level 17: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Rank 2, Resurgent Reiki) Second layer of healing, best combination with Masterful Dodge
Level 20: Energy Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3) My personal choice for theme
Level 23: Killer Instinct To fuel TGM heavy usage
Level 26: Rocket (Rank 2, Rank 3) My aoe Alpha Strike, also can double crit and trigger KI fairly easily
Level 29: Lock N Load Theme with the reload animation, plus cost discount and crit boost
Level 32: Masterful Dodge Combine with BCR adv.
Level 35: Lead Tempest (Rank 2, Rank 3) I still need to test this further to see which option best for me, but it is my only self aoe, useful in clearing out large group of mobs, my best experience with it is during Bloodmoon event
Level 38: Sniper Rifle (Rank 2, Rank 3) Single target at 120ft, I'm not much of a mover during team play. Plus I just love that Headshot moment.

I understand that Burst shot is useful as utility and debuff power, but it just don't fit into my build for some reason....... :|

My main stats are Ego/Int for the scaling boost with Quarry, Cost Discount with spec and int, lower the cd on Rocket, Holdout Shot and EM, lastly to see through stealth targets (Primary Viper)

So my question is 'For the third Super Stat, which should I choose between Dex and Con for solo play?'

Also i apologize for this question, since I never post anything before............. I'm not sure if I got my combination right.... :(

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Ya can't get TGM that early now, so the build will have to be restructured a bit.

Burst Shot is needed to get optimal dps from TGM now (to get it very close to what dps TGM used to have). Since ya can stick it in early due to TGM's tier movement, I'd prob put it in there. R1 LnL, Energy Shield, Rocket, or Sniper Rifle aren't as integral to a TGM build, though I can understand not wanting to part w/ any of them- so it's up to you.

As for Dex vs. Con SS: it'll depend on what content ya wanna do solo. Most solo content on normal difficulty is cake, so ya can get by w/o Con as long as ya dun over-pull. But if ya wanna run harder stuff eventually then I'd get Con SS.

If ur using the EGO/Int setup w/ Quarry then ya may want to consider gearing mostly for Int and changing EUs to MSA. Its a bit of a diff playstyle and gearing setup than the Ego-heavy KI version, though if going the Ego route then I'd recommend Targeting Comp over Quarry (and maybe dropping Int for Dex).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    mog555mog555 Posts: 95 Arc User
    Mmmm...... sound neat

Okay, I think I understand it clearly now....

I will see how the result turn out after I'm high enough level. Thank you for the advice.