test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Account-Wide Currencies & Repeatable Missions

morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
As per title. Right now, someone with a large number of alts has certain advantages over someone who prefers to focus on a single character, especially when it comes to things like collecting account-wide unlocks from events.

Conversely, someone who only uses a single character has an advantage in the form of never needing to deal with the situation of "Well, I leveled seven different characters, and they all got 60 MCPD recog each, but I can't actually buy any of the costume pieces because it's all on different characters."

My suggestion is to remove both of these advantages, making both currencies (all of them) and repeatable missions account-wide - and, in addition, rebalance the rewards of repeatable missions, since I'm sure they were designed under the assumption that someone might be trying to run, for example, the Vigilance mission across a dozen or more different characters. Doubling rewards seems reasonable. Maybe even tripling. 150 SCR for a heroic piece would look a lot more sane if you could get 15 from the alert daily instead of 5 - and with the alert daily being account-wide you wouldn't have to worry about someone running it 10 times on 10 different characters to get their reward in a single day.

This would, however, also require either a significant increase to the number of missions a character can have active, or would require account-wide missions to not count towards the mission limit (in much the same way that the hidden missions for lockbox stamp collection were fixed to not count towards the mission limit).