test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AI knock powers need to be looked at

squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
As long as we're getting dev attention to powers, probably the biggest QoL thing the devs could do is fix the large number of AI powers that have a knock which ignores knock resistance and doesn't create knock resistance stacks. Shotgun, chest beam, Mind's four-armed backhand, etc... It's probably a full half of the AI knocks in the game by frequency players encounter them, and it really devalues investment in knock resistance for players.

Comments

• notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    That would be sweet, but something I think they should look into implementing along side this would be

Make blocking stop all Knock [back, fowered, up, down, npc and player]
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    Could we also get the issue with Knock Resist rolling over to 0 every time it hits 1000% looked at as well? It's rather infuriating having a build that has 635% standing Knock Resist and have it completly devalued the instant she blocks or uses her AD (Ice Barrier)... equally it's rather annoying that Ice Barrier grants a better actual knock resist when your not affected by Ice Sheath than when you are (600% R3 without, 1200% {effective 200%} R3 with)
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    raighn said:

Could we also get the issue with Knock Resist rolling over to 0 every time it hits 1000% looked at as well? It's rather infuriating having a build that has 635% standing Knock Resist and have it completly devalued the instant she blocks or uses her AD (Ice Barrier)... equally it's rather annoying that Ice Barrier grants a better actual knock resist when your not affected by Ice Sheath than when you are (600% R3 without, 1200% {effective 200%} R3 with)

Lol, i didn't even realize that was a thing... now i know why my 850 str character gets knocked more easily when i block...
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    there is indeed something broken with Enemies' knocks

powers like Shotgun Blast and Frag Grenades have 100% chance to knock no matter what
    even while blocking with a lot of STR
    Enemies' knocks seem to outright INGORE any knock resistance
    notyuu wrote: »
    That would be sweet, but something I think they should look into implementing along side this would be

Make blocking stop all Knock [back, fowered, up, down, npc and player]

Like they did with Teleios Ascendant's knocks!​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    Yeah, and this applies to the alert boss Ripper and Foxbat. It is pretty annoying that when Ripper does his hand clap or Foxbat does this gum gun shot, you have to block the entire duration of the stun if you don't want to get stun and if you got out of the block, you will still get effected by those two stun. Blocking these two attack is useless.