test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    YES!!! Now I can finally up those 110 Q boxes I have been holding on to since Halloween!!!​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User

YES!!! Now I can finally up those 110 Q boxes I have been holding on to since Halloween!!!​​

You mean the 110 Q boxes that were changed to auto open on pickup and probably already opened in your inventory without you noticing?
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    raighn said:

You mean the 110 Q boxes that were changed to auto open on pickup and probably already opened in your inventory without you noticing?

No. They don't get "picked up" if already in inventory. I wound up with 110k in unprocessed Q on one toon ;)
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    Exactly so. I checked the moment I saw that they had changed how Q boxes were handled and was pleased to find my stash was still there. Life is good.
    No. They don't get "picked up" if already in inventory. I wound up with 110k in unprocessed Q on one toon ;)
    ​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    So, when you say Q has "a chance to drop from every critter in the game," are you talking about a random-drop thing, like the Justice Gear tokens in Rampages?

Because if so, that would explain why I played for a time on two different toons last night and didn't see any Q at all. Random drops aren't the way to go, because the RNG Gods hate some of us.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Posts: 447 Arc User
    jonsills said:

So, when you say Q has "a chance to drop from every critter in the game," are you talking about a random-drop thing, like the Justice Gear tokens in Rampages?

Because if so, that would explain why I played for a time on two different toons last night and didn't see any Q at all. Random drops aren't the way to go, because the RNG Gods hate some of us.

Yeah, I'm not getting anything either. In past events, I was getting 5 Q from *every* NPC I killed. But unless this is a bug, this "new" event is virtually worthless.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    It gives double Q from Alert Dailies, I can tell you that, and presumably from missions like Steel Crusade. But not on-kill as the old Q hour used to be. Maybe they forgot about the event weeks? They have been busy recently...
  • stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User

You may want to check those boxes. Mine now say they're not affected by double bonus. Just another thing taken away :/

• iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    jonsills said:

This seems to be some weird sort of bug. I posted a thread on this in the Bug forums, and noted that it's not working on Live.

It is however, working normally [5 Q per foe] on PTS.

You may want to check those boxes. Mine now say they're not affected by double bonus. Just another thing taken away :/

I opened around 200 of them and never got less than 400. Crates are unaffected, boxes are just open on pickup now.
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User

I opened around 200 of them and never got less than 400. Crates are unaffected, boxes are just open on pickup now.
    Same, all the ones I opened were obviously doubled *except* 1500 ones, which did not double. (Saw 400s, 1000s, 1400s, and 1500s. One of these is not a double of a possible qbox result, but is itself a qbox result. Needless to say, that's a little bizarre).

Same, all the ones I opened were obviously doubled *except* 1500 ones, which did not double. (Saw 400s, 1000s, 1400s, and 1500s. One of these is not a double of a possible qbox result, but is itself a qbox result. Needless to say, that's a little bizarre).

It's always been that way; Q per box is doubled but capped at 1500.
  • stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User

Sorry about that. Trouble reading in my old age :p . Thought he said crates.

• qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/9856193-champions-online:-item-and-key-sale
    Although this news came with the questionite one, was this part of the line a typo:
    Starting today, we will be discounting keys, special items and freeform slots!
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    qawsada said:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/9856193-champions-online:-item-and-key-sale
    Although this news came with the questionite one, was this part of the line a typo:

I don't know what that has to do with anything we are discussing here about Q week being bugged.

Can we get a response about this?
  • crypticarkaynecrypticarkayne Posts: 182 Cryptic Developer
    Our bad: the q
    iamrune said:

qawsada said:

I don't know what that has to do with anything we are discussing here about Q week being bugged.

Can we get a response about this?
    There was a typo. Items and Keys were correct, Freeform Slots were NOT on sale. Apologies.
    So, Arkayne, will the Q week be repeated, only with drops on this time? Or are we just going to brush this one off and hope it works better next time around?
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• rap9rap9 Posts: 40 Arc User
    It was probably never meant to be a critter drop whatever the label descriptions, considering I distinctly remember Questionite events, probably dating back to when they were days or hours or whatever, that would be All Critters, events that would be Adventure Pack Critters, and events that were just the quest rewards.
  • crypticarkaynecrypticarkayne Posts: 182 Cryptic Developer
    jonsills said:

So, Arkayne, will the Q week be repeated, only with drops on this time? Or are we just going to brush this one off and hope it works better next time around?

There was a different Questionite event that was enabled (new guy on the servers) Double Questionite instead of doing bonus Questionite drops from enemies. Our bad. It actually worked out better for the players, as Double Q usually only runs as a weekend event and you had it for a full week. :smile:
  • mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User
    Of Course it was the New Guy!
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    What'd DJ Qualls ever do to you? :p

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
    It worked out better for the players who have time to run lots of dailies, sure. For those of us who try to squeeze in our gaming between kids and spouses and other responsibilities, though, there was no such thing as "bonus Q".

jonsills said:

It worked out better for the players who have time to run lots of dailies, sure. For those of us who try to squeeze in our gaming between kids and spouses and other responsibilities, though, there was no such thing as "bonus Q".

Urr... people who don't have the time to run dailies probably also don't have the time to farm hundreds or thousands of trash mobs. It takes 400 kills at 5Q each to match the effects of doubling a daily.