test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Con Spec

squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
edited March 2016 in Suggestions Box
First, this is not about Con as a SS. It doesn't matter how OP Con is as a stat, because you can always just take it as a secondary SS with a real spec tree.

The Con Spec is terrible. We all know this.

So, as far as I can tell, Con Spec has *1* job. To give ranged tanks the ability to not get treated like a pinball every time some knock-happy mob glances at them. It fails. I'm currently respeccing my ranged tank into Ego primary because the knock resistance from Con spec doesn't do anything noticeable.

Melee tanks are going to go Str primary. They just are. And they'll get their knock resistance from strength, because that's what strength does. Ranged tanks who want to set a SS on fire for a good spec tree are better off going Str primary, get about the same amount of knock resistance, and pick up a real spec tree. That should make anyone who cares about balance or even *spec trees as options* cringe.

And yet, there's some simple fixes that would make Con indispensable for ranged tanks, and tempting for dodge tanks.

(1) Triple the knock resistance from Resilient. Yes, triple. My ranged tank in justice gear gets ~140% knock resistance from it. 420% is enough knock resistance that you might not get knocked occasionally. (Occasionally!) People who dump everything into con will be the appropriately beefy mildly immovable objects they desire. (My pure-strength toon hits ~850 strength and *still* gets knocked with some frequency, so even the purest Con-stacking lump will not be immune to knock).

Also, unless bonus threat for being in tank role is going to get tripled or something equally ridiculous, Resilient absolutely needs to give more knock resistance than blocking does. Because a tank that blocks with any frequency *cannot even theoretically hold aggro* right now. (Remember, while the tank is blocking, that dps you're barely keeping aggro off of isn't). Good tanks don't block unless absolutely necessary, so we shouldn't pretend they do, and blocking certainly shouldn't be the most effective thing a tank can do to avoid being knocked. (It's great as a knock defense for supports and dps).

(2) Make Deflection give dodge *chance*, not rating. That'll make it tempting for dodge tanks to take Con primary, and it'll play better with dodge gear. It doesn't have to be tons of dodge chance either. ~10% for a dex-stacking (~400) character would be a valuable reward on effort. And the double stat requirement (Con primary w/ dodge) deserves a suitable reward for doing so. (Also, 100% dodge is pretty much required for dodge tanks to actually tank, and it's possible now, so giving Con primary dodge tanks a way to hit that without being bound to specific attacks would open up a lot of build space). Also, by letting them gain full benefit from dodge rating on gear, you'll further tempt them away from guardicator loops. (Or at least reduce the value of guardicator loops).

(3) Quick healing needs to actually be quick. Even a regen tank likely doesn't see any value in it. (They're probably all str-primary anyway). Honestly, I can't see anyone being willing to make this worthwhile by giving it enough health regen to matter, so I'd strip it out and replace it with a spec where the will exists to make it work. May I suggest bonus threat that scales on secondary SS? Name it "I said hit me".

(4) Unyielding could be mildly increased in effectiveness. But it doesn't suffer as much as Resilient does, because holds resistance is a totally different mechanic than knock resistance. There's no need to give these identical numbers, and that they were given identical numbers is mind-boggling. It's as if they're using placeholder values, because no one who looked at the actual mechanics could think 'yeah, these should be the same numerically'. It could also be left the same - this is a low priority.

The following specs are probably fine as is: Tough, Fuel my Fire, Adrenaline Rush, Armored. They're just decent secondary specs, not reasons for people to want to take Con primary.

Related changes: Make behemoths Str-primary. ATs shouldn't have choices forced upon them that no mildly competent FF-builder would ever consider making. All non-dodge melee tanks should be expected to be Str-primary.

Comments

• Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    After running TA several times as tank, I sort of want to disagree with the 'resilient offers more knock resistance than blocking' thing - once you get set up with a good block, next to nothing can knock you over. And trust me, even as a STR tank blocking is very necessary in that lair.
    But at the same time, I also don't lose aggro when blocking! The issue to keeping aggro in a situation like that really is to remember to use your taunts when you can, and building up enough damage in the interim to keep them interested while they attempt to use knock/hold abilities.

Deflection's problem, along with any other dodge spec, is that none of them were updated to compensate for the change to dodge stats, so yes this is a change I'd be happy to see implemented. Just make sure the chance graned is a very low amount, such as like max. 5% chance. DEX *really* needs a similar treatment for its dodge specs.

Quick healing and basically any other 'REC=Super-lame regeneration' spec should just be trashed, or otherwise modified to do something more clever. In this case, what if it made healing from all sources more effective on the player? Just straight-up healing over time is a tough thing to balance, as there isn't much middle-ground between being completely useless and being grossly overpowered.

Honestly, thinking about it, Con should just straight-up get some sort of offensive boost of some sort from at least one of its specs. It'd just be fair; Strength, Dexterity, and Ego PSS' all get some defensive specs in their trees, so why can't Con?

I can't think of anyone who uses Unyielding, really; it's something that, if a player's good at knowing and blocking holds, they will have basically no use for outside of bad luck. And even then, that's generally why Active Offense is a thing. If I had to make a tiny tweak to the suggestion:

Resilient increases both Knock and Hold resistance, and for the knock, has a heavily improved factor.
    Unyielding is tweaked to grant small bonuses to offense and severity, scaling off of your CON stat. The spec has 3 ranks, so significant spending on this spec is required to get high offense from here.

With that the decision falls down to using CON to create either ranged tanks, or a sturdy, semi-damaging DPS build.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    bluhman said:

After running TA several times as tank, I sort of want to disagree with the 'resilient offers more knock resistance than blocking' thing - once you get set up with a good block, next to nothing can knock you over. And trust me, even as a STR tank blocking is very necessary in that lair.

My point was that it doesn't offer more knock resistance than blocking. But it should. Because good tanks aren't blocking very much at all. Block is the kind of thing a tank whips out for the massive AoE 'you must block' strike when everyone else is blocking too, and no other time.

I don't know what dps you're tanking for, but I'm generally in a race with decent dpsers to keep enough aggro so they don't steal it. CC's Taunt only lasts ~1s before you're relying on aggro again to hold attention, and have a 10s cd for affecting the target again. (CC's bonus aggro is the reason to use it, not the auto-taunt which is near worthless).
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    A good deal of the people I team with have had some issues with other tanks losing aggro when attacking the boss. Was a particular problem in TA fights against Grond and Teleiosaurus.

At the very least I consider myself a good tank; I run in tank role, use some haymaker, defensive combo, and demolish, and seldom do I lose aggro - Ironically not to the elemental blasters or TGM powerhouses you'd expect. Usually it's to Silverspar or Kaiserin of all people because bestial hits that hard.

But even successful tanking in mind, it's hard to fight, because Haymaker does the most damage of any of my powers, and it needs to be fully charged to do the most damage, but I have to block so much to ensure I don't get near death. Teleiosaurus it's literally every other second I need to stop her giant bites, with Grond it's a tough mixup of trying to figure out what situations call for a charge or a fast block, or even when to hold a block. And then Teleios Ascendant himself is yet another culprit who has a ton of charge attacks directly aimed at the tank.

Despite all this, I even surprise myself with how much I hold aggro despite the amount of blocking I need to do against all these attacks. And with that, how much aggro I'm holding despite landing almost no full-charge haymakers at all; my DPS is kind of trash from what I can tell, but somehow I'm still managing it.

So basically blocking is in fact an integral part of tanking - hell, it's an integral part of the game's combat mechanics, period, because without that, it'd literally just be pressing buttons in an order to do maximal damage, with almost no concern for enemy attacks - which outside of some rampages and TA, is essentially how the game can be played right now, which I don't think is a good thing.

To really resolve the problem, I'd call more for a buff to the aggro mechanics of the tank role, as well as just CS/CC in general, rather than allowing tanks to just block almost nothing and just attack all day to keep aggro.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    It's quite possible to hold aggro while still blocking the attacks that need to be blocked (though I wish Retaliation worked, if it actually worked as intended it would help a lot), knock resist is for when you make a mistake or get blindsided by a grondling, and it helps quite a bit there. I'd tend to suggest just reducing the internal cd of adrenaline rush.
  • Options

It's quite possible to hold aggro while still blocking the attacks that need to be blocked (though I wish Retaliation worked, if it actually worked as intended it would help a lot), knock resist is for when you make a mistake or get blindsided by a grondling, and it helps quite a bit there. I'd tend to suggest just reducing the internal cd of adrenaline rush.

Or when there's a 4-5 viper/argent/DEMON/etc... guys with chestbeam? All staggered firings of course. Oh wait, that ignores knock resistance anyway.

Seems kind of silly that you invest a lot of your building into eating damage, and still need to block the stuff that the rest of your team needs to block. I mean, yeah, there's going to be occasional attacks that just need blocking, but I don't imagine it being frequent.

Regardless, the knock resistance from the spec is way too low to do anything. It's literally useless in its present state.

• Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    I honestly can't agree with you about CON PSS being a bad spec tree... I actually use CON PSS on nearly all of my tanks... In fact I only have 2 that don't use CON PSS, the rest all use CON PSS... my CON PSS tanks actually have better survivability than either my STR or EGO tank... that said there are some specs that need improvements...

Resisliant: A spec I have activly avoided using because the knock resistance from it is so insignificant that it actually makes no difference what so ever... it's only good for CON/Str/X and just to supliment some of the knock resist you could have had if you stacked more Str...

Deflection: yes, please make it chance instead of rating... this spec has potential that is being lost due to how rating works post Dodge nerf...

Tough: Yes you heard me... TOUGH... this spec is BROKEN... has been since specs came out... it gives HALF, you heard me HALF of the stated HP... if both SSS are at 250 (500 total) you'd expect +750 HP, at Rank 3, instead you get +375 HP...

Also I must be an enigma since I actualy do use Quick Healing on my Regen tank... the only two anks I have that arn't CON PSS are my HW/Celestial tank (STR PSS) and my PFF tank (EGO PSS, was at one point INT PSS). The rest of my tanks are ALL CON PSS... LR Dodge tank? CON PSS... Defiance/IDF "Water" tank? CON PSS... Regen tank? CON PSS.... Invuln tank? CON PSS... Defiance/Dodge MA tank? CON PSS...
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    raighn said:

I honestly can't agree with you about CON PSS being a bad spec tree... I actually use CON PSS on nearly all of my tanks... In fact I only have 2 that don't use CON PSS, the rest all use CON PSS... my CON PSS tanks actually have better survivability than either my STR or EGO tank... that said there are some specs that need improvements...

Mechanically I can't even begin to imagine why that would be true. Especially as I can barely tell what specs you do take based on your criticisms of various ones below.

-If Tough is broken as you say, a str/con tank would get more hp from Swole than they do from Tough.

-Hold resistance is generally covered by having an AO. There are few holds which are hard to break after popping an AO (and that also care at all about your hold resistance - some are like Shadow D's in Nemcon where it requires 4 z-mashes / AOs - with minimum wait times before the next happens - regardless of hold resistance).

-Con Mastery is only 20 Con and 20 defense. Str/Con with juggernaut easily gets more defense, and can make up the con difference in gearing. (Not to mention gains far more effective hp from the increased defense than the difference in con makes).

-Deflection is very niche. I can believe that Dodge tanks can benefit from Con PSS. They should probably benefit more than they do. (And my guess is they can get more dodge from going Dex primary, and have a spec tree which isn't otherwise useless).

-Adrenaline rush similarly benefits more from being Con/Dex, and isn't that much healing unless you manage to stack a lot of crit chance. (My glacier-like ice tank is still using Con PSS, and gets some use out of this because Avalanche adds crit chance, and it's literally the only spec that's tempting me to stay Con PSS - I think Ego PSS would be stronger in a lot of ways, including energy management!)

The other defensive specs are Quick Healing (which is pretty much irrelevant for anyone except maybe a regen tank, but what regen tanks need off specs are *defense* to increase their effective hp, not more healing), Resilient (which is irrelevant as currently scaled), and Armored. I have a hard time believing any of those outweighs having a spec tree which actually does stuff for you, even in terms of survivability.
    raighn said:

Resisliant: A spec I have activly avoided using because the knock resistance from it is so insignificant that it actually makes no difference what so ever... it's only good for CON/Str/X and just to supliment some of the knock resist you could have had if you stacked more Str...

Deflection: yes, please make it chance instead of rating... this spec has potential that is being lost due to how rating works post Dodge nerf...

Tough: Yes you heard me... TOUGH... this spec is BROKEN... has been since specs came out... it gives HALF, you heard me HALF of the stated HP... if both SSS are at 250 (500 total) you'd expect +750 HP, at Rank 3, instead you get +375 HP...

Also I must be an enigma since I actualy do use Quick Healing on my Regen tank... the only two anks I have that arn't CON PSS are my HW/Celestial tank (STR PSS) and my PFF tank (EGO PSS, was at one point INT PSS). The rest of my tanks are ALL CON PSS... LR Dodge tank? CON PSS... Defiance/IDF "Water" tank? CON PSS... Regen tank? CON PSS.... Invuln tank? CON PSS... Defiance/Dodge MA tank? CON PSS...

I think you're an enigma. I can't speak for everyone, but it's really hard to see any mechanical advantage to Con PSS for 99% of tanks.

All my ranged tanks are currently moving to ego PSS as I retcon them, for +defense and reduced ranged attack costs, except for the one that was always End PSS (PA, using the EB as toggle advantage and the End spec which turns that into infinite energy when combined with another toggle) and maybe except for my glacier-inspired one - maybe. The only reason they were ever Con PSS was for the knock resistance in the vain hope it would do anything. All my melee tanks are already str pss (except my behemoth, who sadly has no choice in the matter and would kill to go str primary).

Adrenaline rush is, as far as i can tell, the star of the Con specs, but you give up a ton of (non-rating based) crit chance to have Con PSS (instead of Str or Ego or even Pre), which limits how much healing you can gain off it. I'm sure there's a Con/dex dodge tank that makes it work by hitting 100% dodge and healing buckets off it. That's probably the only good use of Con PSS i can think of right now given the current spec math.
  • Options

-If Tough is broken as you say, a str/con tank would get more hp from Swole than they do from Tough.

They do... it's been tested and reported as a bug for a long time... it's even on one of the compiled bug list threads...

-Deflection is very niche. I can believe that Dodge tanks can benefit from Con PSS. They should probably benefit more than they do. (And my guess is they can get more dodge from going Dex primary, and have a spec tree which isn't otherwise useless).

As I already said, I agree that deflection needs a buff...

-Adrenaline rush similarly benefits more from being Con/Dex, and isn't that much healing unless you manage to stack a lot of crit chance. (My glacier-like ice tank is still using Con PSS, and gets some use out of this because Avalanche adds crit chance, and it's literally the only spec that's tempting me to stay Con PSS - I think Ego PSS would be stronger in a lot of ways, including energy management!)

My only real concern with Adrenaline Rush is the unlisted internal CD... I've done testing and found it's approximately 3~4s CD between heals... using ES:NM for 15 seconds of 100% crit you'd expect to get healed with every hit, but instead you get a maximum of 5 heals from that 15 seconds of 100% crit...

The other defensive specs are Quick Healing (which is pretty much irrelevant for anyone except maybe a regen tank, but what regen tanks need off specs are *defense* to increase their effective hp, not more healing), Resilient (which is irrelevant as currently scaled), and Armored. I have a hard time believing any of those outweighs having a spec tree which actually does stuff for you, even in terms of survivability.

I usually run with:
    Specializations:
    Constitution: Fuel My Fire (3/3)
    Constitution: Tough (3/3)
    Constitution: Adrenaline Rush (2/2)
    as my CON specs with the remaining 2 points floating between Deflection & Armored... usually Deflection since I can generally get more effective defense via dodge than i get from Armored... I'm not sure exactly why my CON tanks are more survivable, they just are... I've tried respecing them to STR, EGO, and even END, or INT PSS a few times and every time they die faster with those primaries than they do with CON PSS... that's just been my personal experience...

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for improving CON PSS and fixing it's broken Tough spec & virtually useless Resilient spec... I just don't believe the spec is anywhere near as useless as you make it out to be...
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 975 Arc User
    How are your CON tanks in holding aggro?
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • Options
    naciiito said:

How are your CON tanks in holding aggro?

Fairly decent... my MA one never loses aggro even... my "Water" tank rarely ever loses aggro, and when she does lose it she grabs it back quickly... on my Regen tank I actually pull a decent amount of aggro without even attacking thanks to Sentinel Aura... my LR & Invuln tanks are both still to low of a level to reliably hold aggro...
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    - Hmm... Resilient giving more knock resistance than blocking.... that's actually an interesting concept. Look at this big beefy con tank, even if she's not bracing herself you're not gonna send her flying. They still have to block when big damage is incoming, so block isn't being completely shoved aside, but a keen-eyed Con tank would then learn to spot and not block attacks they know are low damage knocks, which in turn allows them to push out more attacks. At the very least, I think it's interesting. It would allow someone to make an "Immovable Object" type character.

- All the "dodge rating" specs are essentially balanced around Lightning Reflexes, with the purpose of preventing LR tanks from achieving constant 100% dodge chance. With that in mind I don't feel that it should be changed to Dodge Chance, but that the scaling of the dodge rating could be adjusted so it's a bit more useful to non-LR tanks.

- Quick Recovery specs in all trees need to be rethought. In Con spec it is clearly outclassed by everything else at its tier. I think it should be replaced with a spec that gives Offense based on Secondary Superstats, to offer a way to counter one of a Con tank's weaknesses.

- I don't even know if Unyielding is worth anything... according to all the threads I've read about holds, none of the hold-related stats do anything. If it doesn't, I think Unyielding should increase break-free damage, from when you mash during a hold, and from Active Offenses. This would then allow someone to make an "Unstoppable Force" type character.
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

- All the "dodge rating" specs are essentially balanced around Lightning Reflexes, with the purpose of preventing LR tanks from achieving constant 100% dodge chance. With that in mind I don't feel that it should be changed to Dodge Chance, but that the scaling of the dodge rating could be adjusted so it's a bit more useful to non-LR tanks.

Eh, i think we just need to accept that LR tanks are going to have 100% dodge chance. It's the only thing that makes dodge tanking at all viable. Dying 1% of the time to a hit from something like frostie just isn't acceptable.
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

- I don't even know if Unyielding is worth anything... according to all the threads I've read about holds, none of the hold-related stats do anything. If it doesn't, I think Unyielding should increase break-free damage, from when you mash during a hold, and from Active Offenses. This would then allow someone to make an "Unstoppable Force" type character.

pretty much the very reason why I don't ever bother with Unyielding... hold resistance doesn't actually do anything significant... the only actual hold resistance we have is from the hold resist buff... and breakfree damage is only significant from AOs... infact I'm convinced the breakfree damage we get from Ego stat doesn't actually exist... all hold resistance from stats does is reduce the max duration of holds against by like 5% tops... taking a maximum of 1.5 seconds off a hold does no good, especially when in order to get that 1.5s taken off the hold has to last 30s to begin with... when it comes down to it your better off just mashing breakfree or hitting an AO when held than stacking hold resist from stats...

Why not just make unyielding grant damage resistance instead?
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

- I don't even know if Unyielding is worth anything... according to all the threads I've read about holds, none of the hold-related stats do anything.

The only character I have with unyielding also has superstat ego, but there's certainly a noticeable difference in time spend held.
  • Options

spinnytop said:

Eh, i think we just need to accept that LR tanks are going to have 100% dodge chance. It's the only thing that makes dodge tanking at all viable. Dying 1% of the time to a hit from something like frostie just isn't acceptable.
    The problem is that if you allow LR tanks to get a good chunk of dodge chance from specs like this, then you're removing the need for them to use powers to keep their dodge topped off, and dodge tanks are intended to use powers to keep their dodge topped off. Also, every time you allow a LR tank to get more dodge chance in this way, you're potentially freeing them up to get more Avoidance, which is problematic.
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

spinnytop said:

The problem is that if you allow LR tanks to get a good chunk of dodge chance from specs like this, then you're removing the need for them to use powers to keep their dodge topped off, and dodge tanks are intended to use powers to keep their dodge topped off. Also, every time you allow a LR tank to get more dodge chance in this way, you're potentially freeing them up to get more Avoidance, which is problematic.
    And that's a problem how exactly? LR tanks are devoted to dodge... currently it's actually possible to get 100% dodge without LR by using powers but the uptime for 100% dodge using powers without LR is about 5s every 15-20s... making Deflection provide dodge chance rather than rating will if done properly alllow LR tanks 100% dodge with a high uptime (it doesn't nessisarily have to provide enough dodge chance for LR to have 100% dodge 100% of the time) while providing non-LR dodge builds a reasonable boost to dodge.

Besides, most LR tanks primary Dex to get Avoidance from stats... (honestly I'm probably going to change my LR tank to Dex PSS for that very reason)
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    LR tanks don't need 100% dodge, just take enough hp and damage resistance to tank the occasional failure.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    raighn said:

And that's a problem how exactly?

Because LR tanks are already insanely tough - the only real thing that makes them unpalatable to some is the fact that they might sometimes take a hit that isn't mitigated by their Avoidance. You have to keep that reality part of the passive, otherwise we creep into one of those "this thing is objectively better than all other things" situations that are currently being worked out of the system.
    raighn said:

making Deflection provide dodge chance rather than rating will if done properly alllow LR tanks 100% dodge with a high uptime (it doesn't nessisarily have to provide enough dodge chance for LR to have 100% dodge 100% of the time) while providing non-LR dodge builds a reasonable boost to dodge.

That's the thing, having it give dodge rating instead of dodge chance is the way to do it properly. The only real problem is that it might currently not provide enough dodge rating. Dodge rating is the only way to make sure this doesn't create a problem with LR while being potentially useful to non-LR users, hence the solution is to increase the scaling on how much Dodge rating the spec gives.

THAT'S JUST MY OPINION THO BRO.

^ do I have to add that to the end of my post every time I respond to you, or was that enough? :smile:
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    So, just for kicks, I tried taking my standard tank (no dodge gear, nothing related to dodge at all) and giving it both LR and Defiance, and then testing with PH laser.
    Defiance (not dodged, 6 stacks): 463
    Defiance (dodged, 6 stacks): 371
    Weighted Average (10% dodge chance): 454
    LR (dodged): 127
    LR (not dodged): 702
    Weighted Average (50% dodge chance): 415
  • Options

So, just for kicks, I tried taking my standard tank (no dodge gear, nothing related to dodge at all) and giving it both LR and Defiance, and then testing with PH laser.

Ya, 127. LR tanks are sick when they keep their dodge chance up. Far beyond what any other tank can accomplish... that's why letting them get any closer to constant 100% dodge up time than they already are is a baaaaaaad idea.
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

Ya, 127. LR tanks are sick when they keep their dodge chance up. Far beyond what any other tank can accomplish... that's why letting them get any closer to constant 100% dodge up time than they already are is a baaaaaaad idea.
    Looking at that it would appear that you are looking at the wrong part of LR as being the problem... it would seem that the Avoidance rating from LR might be the actual problem with LR tanks being OP. Scale back the base avoicance from LR to be more inline with the resistance from other defensive passives and then allowing them to have closer to 100% dodge chance keeps them on even ground.
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    Yeah, LR should probably have reduced avoidance and maybe a bit of damage resist. Make it less random.
  • Options

Yeah, LR should probably have reduced avoidance and maybe a bit of damage resist. Make it less random.

Sure, let's cut the avoidance in half and double the dodge chance.
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

So, 100% dodge by default? No, probably not. I was thinking more like '250 damage if dodged, 500 if not dodged' (instead of 127/702). That would be better than current up to 61% dodge, worse beyond that.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

spinnytop said:

So, 100% dodge by default? No, probably not. I was thinking more like '250 damage if dodged, 500 if not dodged' (instead of 127/702). That would be better than current up to 61% dodge, worse beyond that.
    actually doubling LR's dodge chance would give 90% dodge... 40% x2 = 80% + 10% base = 90%... but yea... doubled is a bit much... 1.5x so that'd be 60% from LR leading to 70% dodge when added to the 10% base dodge... balance the Avoidance around a 70% dodge... adding in an innate resistance value would allow avoidance to be lowered more though, so that's actually a good idea...

Some of the toughest tanks only get to about what? 50%? 60% actual reduction from resistances? so... avoidance + average resistance should average out to the about the same...

The trick is getting the base values for LR to balance to the base values for Defiance & Invuln while also keeping the upper end values evened out...
    jniKqKJ.png