test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My own thoughts

ironman12348ironman12348 Posts: 41 Arc User
edited February 2016 in Suggestions Box
Hello, developers. As you know the player population of Champions Online is really low, and I think I have some ideas of how to make it bigger:

1. Give us back old Westside Arms Dojo.
Why? Simple as that - everyone loved this dojo. It was place #2 after Ren Center. PvP, RP, Costume Contests were mostly happening here. It was such a great instance, but now it's wasted potential of this game.
2. Lower the Zen Store prices.
Costumes here now have really big price, and I see no point in it. Make the prices lower and then the game will actually gain money, instead of being really abbadonned.
3. Give us an ability to make player content.
Seriously, everyone loves foundries. Give us a map editor and let us make our own missions, that'd be really great.
4. Make dailies for PvP content, make it give rewards such as questonite or SCR.
PvP is being abbadonned though IMO it shouldn't. You need to make more people joining an actual Hero Games matches and make the PvP attracting.
5. Give us an ability to use weapon skins we didn't have access to before and give back the ones that are actually quacked up with On Alert update.
Cool kid pistols, riffles, hammers, swords. Come on, everyone wants those. More costumising = more people.
6. Give the tint and power point as a Z-Store options.
Silvers really need that. You might say an excuse like it's an option for golds, but hey. Golds have gold rewards, access to certain instances, test server, endless FF slots, new slot with each 40 level, veteran rewards and Zen stipend after all. It'd be lovely.

Comments

• chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    1. before the PH theatre was made large
    2. only if the amount purchased increases a lot.
    3. how big do you think our team of devs are?NO, everyone doesn't like the Foundry, some people have seen the 90% farms in NW. And we do have a thriving collection of " I'll use this exploit, what you fixed it. Now there's no reason to do this."
    4. as long as it either the PvP daily or the alert daily. Otherwise it's Pvp do two, everyone else gets one. Strangely enough, a lot of people HATE pvp.
    5. what? You mean the old gear files, which would have been wiped.NO, more customising doesn't mean more people. More things to do , that isn't the same thing, over and over and over .
    6. no, they want it. Yes golds have certain things and as soon as one gets converted to silver, the next thing gets asked for.
    After FF became available- Power tints, emanation points, free retcon at 40, new character slot at 40. Yes these have all been asked for for silver.
    Winner was the person who asked for the to be 300Z($3), then he'd be willing to save up for it.

However, the colour should be in zen store,just so you can change some of the god awful colours on the AT powers.

I still think instead of 2 normal slots, silvers should get 1 normal and 1 FF. Otherwise, how can they tell what a FF is like without a freebie giveaway or forking out a lot of money.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ironman12348ironman12348 Posts: 41 Arc User
    chaelk said:

1. before the PH theatre was made large

2. only if the amount purchased increases a lot.

3. how big do you think our team of devs are?NO, everyone doesn't like the Foundry, some people have seen the 90% farms in NW. And we do have a thriving collection of " I'll use this exploit, what you fixed it. Now there's no reason to do this."

4. as long as it either the PvP daily or the alert daily. Otherwise it's Pvp do two, everyone else gets one. Strangely enough, a lot of people HATE pvp.

5. what? You mean the old gear files, which would have been wiped.NO, more customising doesn't mean more people. More things to do , that isn't the same thing, over and over and over .

6. no, they want it. Yes golds have certain things and as soon as one gets converted to silver, the next thing gets asked for.

After FF became available- Power tints, emanation points, free retcon at 40, new character slot at 40. Yes these have all been asked for for silver.

Winner was the person who asked for the to be 300Z($3), then he'd be willing to save up for it.

However, the colour should be in zen store,just so you can change some of the god awful colours on the AT powers.

I still think instead of 2 normal slots, silvers should get 1 normal and 1 FF. Otherwise, how can they tell what a FF is like without a freebie giveaway or forking out a lot of money.​​

1. I know people who are still wanting dojo back.
    2. If the price were lower, more people would buy stuff and more people would be back because it'd be no longer P2W.
    3. I know people [x2] who would like to make their own stories in CO, so no, that'd be actually great.
    4. Alot of people hate PvP because of certain PvPers *cough* who make PvP community look awful. Yes, that's mostly Alter Egos and Spectre.
    5. Yes costumising DOES mean more people. As far as I know, the major part of CO community is here because of costumization, not content or PvP.
    6. They want and they need it. It should be given. For zen, but it should. Trust me, I know alot of silvers who are buying freeform slots in CO, loads of those. So I'm pretty sure those people would buy tint and emanation point options even if those costed loads of zen. People would still buy it if they could.
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Agree with OP.

On topic #6... there is no reason to have gated content for gold players. Micro-transactions have become the norm because they effectively generate income for many games. Make every option available through micro-transactions, but make silvers pay separately for each piece. Otherwise, that payment route becomes a dead-end, a trap... And, once it becomes obvious to a player that they have essentially wasted money on a non-viable payment system, there is a good chance that they will cut their losses and either stop playing or just stop spending real world currency.