test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What lair do you want an EPIC version of next?

sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
edited February 2016 in Champions Online Discussion

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.

What lair do you want an EPIC version of next? 17 votes

Andrith Ruins
0%
Burial Caves
11%
chaelkmijjestic 2 votes
Dr. Destroyer's Robot Factory
17%
championshewolfdeadman20xrazamax 3 votes
Mandragalore
0%
Moreau's Laboratory
11%
ealford1985criswolf09 2 votes
Nemesis Confrontation
11%
wraithshadow13gradii 2 votes
Project Awakening
0%
Stronghold Prison
29%
pantagruel01sigmaseven0roughbearmattachzamuelpwecrabbycabby 5 votes
Therakiels Temple
17%
jaazaniah1spinnytopavianos 3 votes
VIPER Nest
0%

Comments

• wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    Nemesis Confrontation
    To be honest, I'd rather they went through and fixed the game or added actual power sets and such rather than just rehashing old (often unplayed) content, or adding more grind missions for minimal rewards.

The only reason I voted Nemesis confrontation is because the Nemesis system needs a lot of love and updating in general.
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    Stronghold Prison
    Stronghold. Powerful villain that's a major player in the lore in a non lvl 40 instance feels more like something that should get a revamp.

I didn't choose NemCon since it's already lvl 40 but more Nemesis stuff is good as well.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Therakiels Temple
    I love that they're re-using old content to make new content. It's cost effective, makes my nostalgia tingle, and it makes content that was largely sitting around unused actually be relevant again.

That said, Therakial's Temple is the coolest lair in the game. That final room alone is a hype explosion.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    Burial Caves
    Purple Reign- with the original number of mobs​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • emperornfemperornf Posts: 55 Arc User
    Thick as Thieves (I know it's not a lair, b-but...)
    Not even kidding, a version of TaT on steroids, if you will. With elements of other westside missions combined.
    Assisted not just by Defender but his entire crew, fighting against buffed versions of each westside villain.
    It could be a large lair with NemCon-esque rooms where heroes assist your team against each boss.
    Match-ups like: Defender vs Hi-Pan, Ironclad vs Ludwig, Sapphire vs Zoe Loft, Kinetic vs Kevin Poe, Witchcraft vs Frank Zaretti.
    Hi-Pan's dragon buddy could be the final boss.
    The thing is, westside doesn't get enough love and players move through it too fast these days.
  • rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    im in the similar mindset as wraith. lairs aren't really something interesting to me, so i'm hoping we start seeing some new pvp missions, small zones and powers soon, its been a long while. pvpers got something, people who like "raid" content got something, waiting for our turn now.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    Therakiels Temple
    Club Caprice obviously, it will be Horrific​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I'd have to give it up for Dr. Destroyer's factory. It would be a good way to reinvent the rooms and make them straight up boss fights with unique mechanics and a way to introduce several of Dr. Destroyer's lackeys that are missing from the game including;
    Flachion - Mutant dual blade user whose mental powers alter the perceptions of those around him.
    Meteor - A super strong speedster who can phase through walls.
    Spectra - Super Villainous made of pure energy that uses energy projection powers.
    Tarantula - Akimbo pistoleer that can induce vertigo on his foes but also able to walk on walls.

Could also re-introduce Gigaton since we've technically not seen him as a boss for ages, and finally, re-introduce Dr. Destroyer's Destroyer agents as a new type of foe instead of just plain Destroids.

My second vote, of course, goes to Stronghold because that lair was completely misused and under utilized. It should have been a multi-man dungeon instead of a soloable instance, especially with some of the strongest super villains there, and the fact it made Mention a lil' **** at the end, the worlds' most powerful mentalist, was disappointing.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Why is there not a 'none' choice? I'd much rather have more comic series or something else that can be done pre-40 as well as at 40 than an 'epic lair'.
    edited February 2016
    Burial Caves
    small group of Devs, may be able to do another lair. Comic series would probably, require more.
    just pick one and write in what you actually want​​

• squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    chaelk said:

small group of Devs, may be able to do another lair. Comic series would probably, require more.

just pick one and write in what you actually want​​
    Comic Series effort depends entirely on how many new maps they needed to make. Aftershock demonstrates you can likely do a lot with existing assets. For example, there are a pile of west side sewer and warehouse maps - what happens in the power vacuum of West Side after Hi Pan kills most of his rivals and then you shut him down? A comic series based around that kind of storyline could easily be done with minimal new art assets (villain / lackey design can be done via tailor, doesn't require any asset creation).

Of course, I'd really like a Dark Seraph story, or some follow-up to White Out, but no guarantee those could be done with minimal art assets.

Probably the best thing a small team could do would be to develop some procedural content generation (aka random maps), since its vastly more 'unique' content for the time invested. And this shouldn't be that hard to do - random map generation predates personal computers after all.
  • sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    Stronghold Prison

The only reason I voted Nemesis confrontation is because the Nemesis system needs a lot of love and updating in general.

Actually, I voted for Stronghold, but I think the Nemesis system is one of COs under used unique strengths. I'll change my vote to Nemcon and I would like someone other than shadow destroyer mastermind it this time.

Why is there not a 'none' choice? I'd much rather have more comic series or something else that can be done pre-40 as well as at 40 than an 'epic lair'.

Because that's what this thread is about.

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
    Comic Series effort depends entirely on how many new maps they needed to make. Aftershock demonstrates you can likely do a lot with existing assets. For example, there are a pile of west side sewer and warehouse maps - what happens in the power vacuum of West Side after Hi Pan kills most of his rivals and then you shut him down? A comic series based around that kind of storyline could easily be done with minimal new art assets (villain / lackey design can be done via tailor, doesn't require any asset creation).

Of course, I'd really like a Dark Seraph story, or some follow-up to White Out, but no guarantee those could be done with minimal art assets.

Probably the best thing a small team could do would be to develop some procedural content generation (aka random maps), since its vastly more 'unique' content for the time invested. And this shouldn't be that hard to do - random map generation predates personal computers after all.

I seriously doubt procedural map making is all that simple. The tech may predate X time, but it still requires programming and engineering time and QA time, test time etc. Hell, even CoH's procedural maps were just several pre-set files that were expanded upon slightly so they weren't so much random as randomly chosen presets. And to be blunt, I think it's fairly obvious while they might have been good ideas, the adventure packs and comic series didn't do all that well at player retention, especially considering they were mostly only fun once for many people. And again, one of the things that people have been craving is dungeon content.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    Personally, I'd have to see how its done. TA has promise, but ultimately it's just HP/Gear based more than mechanics(don't get me wrong, their there, and very relevant, it's just that..HP tends to play a lead role). If this is the route everything will go(Gear/HP dependent, not being sublime for ATs as well as FF.) Then none.
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
    xcelsior41 wrote: »
    Personally, I'd have to see how its done. TA has promise, but ultimately it's just HP/Gear based more than mechanics(don't get me wrong, their there, and very relevant, it's just that..HP tends to play a lead role). If this is the route everything will go(Gear/HP dependent, not being sublime for ATs as well as FF.) Then none.

We had a few low HP and under geared people that disagree with this assessment.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    Destroy or Stronghold would be awesome. I'm sure before I ran Therakiel's lair 300 times over the summer last year I would have been down for that too :p
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Posts: 409 Arc User
    None.

I'd rather see them throw the little dev time CO gets at adding to the best part of the game - the Nemesis system (and no, I don't mean 'epicfy' it. :/ )
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Therakiels Temple

I have now taken two characters of mine with around 5k hp into TA. The lair is not HP dependent ( unless you're a tank, but duh ). One of those is my power armor character who is about as defensively capable as your average dps archetype ( and less capable than some even ). The other is Kagami who, admittedly, is a badass. A badass with 5,030 hit points, but a badass nonetheless. She's a shoujo after all.

I have also taken two archetypes in there - not mine, but other players. One was a Glaciar who did an amazing job dealing with adds, the other was a Behemoth that did the main tanking while I handled adds. I would have no problem taking in a healer or dps AT either, and I see no reason why we wouldn't complete the place with them in the party. The main thing that matters is how good you are at doing the mechanics - that's the different between a messy frustrating wipefest, and a smooth one hour run.

Oddly enough, ATs are becoming hard to find in this game... wonder if that FF slot giveaway had something to do with that.
    Burial Caves
    can I vote twice; changing all the rewards on missions to gear, where you pick the stats​​

• mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User
    Burial Caves
    Also, use heal debuffing scarily. And find a way to do something fun and cool without 2 billion damage spikes. It's played out, now.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Stronghold Prison
    I want Stronghold. With imprisoned previously defeated nemeses.