test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best Heroic Gear picks for these builds?

heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 154 Arc User
edited January 2016 in Builds and Roles
Hi! So, as we know the devs are going to be price-gouging Heroic gear very soon, and I figured now is the time to hurriedly buy gear for my ungeared 40s while I actually have the tokens for it! Could anyone suggest which pieces to get for:

A FF build, with Dex as a Primary Superstat, Night Warrior passive, Dual Blades attacks, Fluidity as a block, very crit and damage-focused, but also desperately needs some more damage mitigation (right now, ungeared, I can almost-but-not-quite take out one of the Halloween tomb bosses solo, and that's kind of my yardstick for what I'd like to be able to do on my own)? I can change the build, too, but just looking for what could generally help. Also, don't need any advice on cores and enhancements; I'd welcome it, of course, but mostly I just want to get the Heroic stuff quick.

Also, I have a standard Mind AT. She has a pair of Legion's Gloves of Healing, so I'm almost certainly going to use those; she also has a Heroic Breastplate of Agility, but not sure if that's the best option.

Thank you for any help and advice!

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    W/ Night Warrior, going for dodge/avoid gear is a bit iffy, since the passive itself doesn't add much there. But if ur propping it up w/ another dodge-increasing power (and BCR/RR) then it could be good to get that sort of gear (I'd take +avoidance gear if going down that route, since its rare to find avoidance mods now, and mod for +dodge%). Otherwise, for defensive slots the +defense or maxHP gear is generally more reliable. Most of my non-LR and non-WotW builds use a mix of +defense and +maxHP in their defensive slots; favoring more maxHP if *not* using Con SS (so you don't have to take as big a hit to ur SS's to get more health), having strong healing bonuses (minimizes over-healing), and/or not using the TBD/AS loop from Ward/Guardicator (since that increases defense/offense's returns by ~25%, iirc).

Unless ur using energy-heavy attacks and have low-Int or lack Physical Peak (Str PSS) or Insight (Ego PSS), I generally wouldn't prioritize cost discount for the utility slot. Even after the nerf, CDR is still generally more useful.. but that will somewhat more depend on the build now and what powers are being used. If ur still having energy issues at lvl 40 then more cost discount is one possibility to address that. If in doubt, I'd usually get the utility option that gives balanced cost discount and CDR, and mod for the one I want more of; the extreme 'of speed' + CDR mods setup I usually reserve for builds heavily using cd attacks in PvE (w/ MSA and some Int to help fuel their use).

For offensive slots, I'd generally get +crit severity for non-healers (mainly cause severity mods are also rare) and mod for crit rating (unless ya have a DUC ur willing to use there), but w/ Dex Mastery ur already into the DR on severity rating. In the case of Dex Mastery, I'd usually opt for the crit rating or bonus healing gear options (depending on ur build and priorities: more dps vs. more survival). For a healer, any of the offensive slots can be good; it'll somewhat depend on the build: +offense gear can work well- but only if using something like Pres PSS's Repurpose, +crit and/or severity are good if using crit-enabeled heals heavily, and +bonus heal is pretty much the universal/reliable option otherwise (though it is subject to DR, like most other stats).

I'm trying to be a bit more generalist, since there may be other players looking for similar advice now.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,430 Arc User
    R9 Avoidance and Crit Severity mods are now on PTS.​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 154 Arc User
    flowcyto said:

For offensive slots, I'd generally get +crit severity for non-healers (mainly cause severity mods are also rare) and mod for crit rating (unless ya have a DUC ur willing to use there), but w/ Dex Mastery ur already into the DR on severity rating.

Thank you for the advice! What actually is the DR on severity?
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User

R9 Avoidance and Crit Severity mods are now on PTS.​​

Huh, interesting, I guess I misread the notes. Well if they are formally being phased back in then that could change things.

..or not much, actually. Given the DR (esp on severity rating), having extra mods for them may not matter to many builds.

As far as the stat curves: Ayonachan and Jimhsua did some legwork there. Ya can check ayona's link out in my sig, and can fiddle around around w/ jim's character sheet here:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/250970/character-sheet-calculating-in-game-combat-values
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!