test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Make Professor Ratzo on Monster Island a villain instead of a Tough Henchman...

kaosarcannakaosarcanna Posts: 124 Arc User

So, yeah.

Subject says it all.

The first time I did the hidden Manimal Lab mission when the Rat turned (on me) I left loose with everything I had certain I was going to be in for a really tough fight.

And he went down like a paper doll that'd been lit up with a match.

'Cause he's only got Henchman (albeit Tough!) hitpoints.

Today when I fought him, I actually let him attack me a bit and much to my surprise I discovered he actually had some non Rat-based powers. He still wasn't a challenge, but I think if he was a Master Villain or at least a Villain some folks would enjoy the fight.

Comments

• Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    CO has some of the wimpiest bosses around. It's like there are two modes for CO boss fights "really easy " or "really hard". Ratzo and and the rest of the PVE bosses could use some buffing. If you're built even half-way decently you just burn through 'em.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Yeah, all bosses could use a buff, and a more versatile assortment of attacks. Most bosses are just bags of hp that throw basic damage dealing attacks at you. Need more like Rakshasa and Ao'Qephoth that do something that actually requires a minimum of player attention.

Ratzo is just another in a long line of NPCs that used to be boss characters, but who weren't updated after On Alert raised everyone's damage by huge amounts. There are NPCs that used to be several minute long boss fights that now get dropped within seconds.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    gradii said:

More HP? maybe sometimes, but it's definitely not the main issue.

Thing is, if I destroy something in 2 seconds, it doesn't matter if it has 500 of the most interesting abilities ever conceived, it's still gonna drop in two seconds without having done anything meaningful. This is the main issue I encounter while leveling through open-world missions pretty much from beggining to end, even when leveling a non-dps role character.

I'd rather fight 10 things that each take 2 minutes to defeat, than 600 things that each die in 2 seconds.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    gradii said:

Most enemies need more abilities, powerful abilities, (with tells) things which make you think. More HP? maybe sometimes, but it's definitely not the main issue.

It doesn't matter what abilities something has if it gets oneshotted before it can use any of them.