test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cannot pick up new boxes of Questionite, cannot put old boxes in bank.

guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,387 Arc User
If there's no room in my first bag and I have twenty stacks of Q boxes it says "inventory full" regardless of the status of my other bags. I can't move my boxes into my personal bank account. With less then 20 stacks new boxes are automatically opened rather then added to my stacks.

Comments

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    If you have either empty space or a partial stack of Q in your first bag, it should work. 20-stacks cannot be moved, though. Auto-open was in the patch notes a bit back, it's intended.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    No, I have open space in my main bag and less then 20 stacks of Q boxes and I cannot add to existing stacks of Q, instead they auto open.
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    It forces you to open them. This happened to me on a NemCon yesterday and I couldn't pick up any boxes until after I opened the ones in my inventory.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
    It's forcing me to open boxes even when I don't have any boxes in my inventory. I confirmed this just a minute ago. I have a character with no boxes of Q, open spaces in my main bag, and the game still opened the box for me.
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    YES. Questionite boxes auto-open now to prevent people hoarding them for double xp weekends. It is part of the process they are starting for reducing the amount of free floating Q in the game - along with adding items for sale to the Q store (see ice material packs, old legacy costumes from drifter random box). It has already had an effect increasing the value of Q relative to zen.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1203777/release-notes-for-12-10-2015 (Q box autoopening in patch notes here)​​
    edited December 2015
    Well that's a rotten move. If you want to correct Q prices the best way to fix that is to add things to the Q store and not by reducing a tiny amount of Q available. The only reason I was stockpiling Q boxes in the first place was because I don't need to open them. I have everything I want from the Q store already. This really isn't going to affect me in the long run, except I lose the pleasure of opening boxes I suppose, It's not like the boxes I'd collected would match what I get in the mean time from the dailies, rampages, missions/comics or Vigilance, I mean if would stop me from doubling the amount from my Q boxes for a double Q event (which happens once in a blue moon at best) but it's a bit like trying to stop a river overflowing by turning down the garden hose.

Anyways, still can't move old boxes of Q into my bank. Or is there a patch note about that I missed?
    guyhumual said:

No, I have open space in my main bag and less then 20 stacks of Q boxes and I cannot add to existing stacks of Q, instead they auto open.

There's a bug where if you have a partial stack of Q in a bag other than your first, you cannot pick up Q boxes at all. There is an unintended feature (that they don't care about) which doesn't let you move them. The auto-open is not a bug.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    you may only have them because you don't need them yet but we have plenty of farmers who are hording the boxes for dbl Q weekends.
    also if anything is in your overflow bag, you can't pick up​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    chaelk said:

you may only have them because you don't need them yet but we have plenty of farmers who are hording the boxes for dbl Q weekends.

also if anything is in your overflow bag, you can't pick up​​
    If there's a demand for Q then that's not a problem. If no one is going to bother buying Q then we have a problem. Adding stuff to the Q store is going to have a bigger effect then removing Q boxes. There are already better ways of getting Q then farming boxes a couple runs of a rampage will get you more Q faster on average then all the Q-boxes in a project snake charmer run combined. Sure you could get lucky, get a couple 1500 boxes, but most are going to be 200 and even on a double Q weekend it's probably not worth your while unless you're not high enough level to run daily rampages or the special alerts.
  • ussharringtonussharrington Posts: 32 Arc User
    I have a similar issue where I can't pick up Q-boxes if my first bag is full, I have to manually move something from that bag and into another one before I can pick up the Q-box which then auto opens leaving that slot free anyway.

I have no issue about Q-boxes auto opening and just getting the Q for them but it's a pain to have to constantly move something out of my first bag to pick them up even though they I have plenty of space in other bags and as Q-boxes no longer take up space anyway so it shouldn't even be relevant.

Even more annoying during events as your bags get filled constantly with all sorts of event items.

Ideally when you pick up Q-boxes the ore should bypass your inventory and just go straight into your Questionite Ore currency total much like picking up recognition currencies.
    I agree USSHarrington, if you're auto opening boxes of Q now why do we even need inventory slots for them?
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    because the stupid program, opens them after they get into your bag, not as you pick them up​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    But before this "fix" I didn't need an open slot in main bag to pick up boxes of Q
    guyhumual said:

But before this "fix" I didn't need an open slot in main bag to pick up boxes of Q

Auto-open apparently only works for bag 1. Yay for legacy code.