test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Devs' Action Figures (Arkayne, Kaiserin, Lady Gadfly, Splosions), for this week's Costume Contests!

tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
edited December 2015 in Champions Online Discussion
This Christmas week, in costume contests in the Powerhouse Theatre, Dev Kaiserin is giving away the 4 new Dev Action Figures to winners.

How To Enter: enter Costume Contests normally, which are organised/hosted/sponsored by other players. These are normally announced in Zone or in the Contests-Central chat channel, including information like the times (usually in server time, mouse-over the clock below your mini-map to see what the server's time is regardless of your locale). They will also announce the categories that you can enter. Upon winning, the Costume Contest's host will give you their prize (usually in the form of Gs), then Kaiserin will also reward you these AFs.

This is a preview of what you'll get if when you win:

At 1st I thought you only get Dev Kaiserin's own AF, but you actually get all 4! Please note they are bound.

Arkayne's AF appears to be particularly large, bigger than most AFs.

Kaiserin's AF actually seems smaller, perhaps due to the inclusion of the will-o-wisp auras.

Lady Gadfly's AF, please note the holsters. Lady Gadfly confirmed for 2 Gun Mojo user.

Splosion's AF, which has an additional effect/animation I couldn't include in this screenshot.

Pro-Tip: what wins Costume Contests most consistently is usually the best FIT to the hosts' categories. I've seen great designs being passed by because, while they looked awesome, they simply didn't fall into the categories the hosts assigned. A lot of times, I create a new design (I always keep 1 character slot free, like 1 last bullet in the chamber), just to make something new specific to the hosts' requests. It's usually not about who's got the best costume, it's about the best fit to their categories.

And if you don't win the 1st time, try again until you do, because IMHO it's not hard. Practice is a factor.

Finally, don't worry if you get these this time around, there will be additional opportunities in the future, too.
Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com

Comments

• squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    Really too bad its just this week. I can't be the only one who won't have access to a computer that can play CO for much of it.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,087 Cryptic Developer
    There will be other ways to earn them in the future, but for now I'll be hopping into costume contests and handing them out to winners!​​
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    hmm Splosions doesn't look very exploded?​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    Kai really does do costumes better than the other devs huh. No offence meant but put up beside Kai they look awful compared to Kai's toon XD
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    Whatever nepht, bby Ladygadfly is adorable.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    xrazamax said:

Whatever nepht, bby Ladygadfly is adorable.

Ur kidding right?

nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Damn, I won't be playing again until 2nd of January. Oh well, I look forward to getting my hands on these critters in the new year.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    nepht said:

Kai really does do costumes better than the other devs huh. No offence meant but put up beside Kai they look awful compared to Kai's toon XD

I don't completely agree. I actually like Arkayne a little better than Kai's but that's probably because the domino mask reads more like a traditional superhero. Admittedly, he probably could stand to have a third color to slightly break things up but that might be nitpicking.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga