test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unlimited Energy - Making extreme use of Endurance Stat

theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
edited November 2015 in Power Discussion
Here is a build which makes (as far as I am concerned) very good use of END Primary Super Stat at an extreme level:

Name: Joule - RF

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
Level 6: Endurance (Primary)
Level 10: Whatever You Want (Secondary)
Level 15: Whatever You Want (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: The Void
Level 6: Energetic
Level 9: Indomitable
Level 12: Enduring
Level 15: Boundless Reserves
Level 18: Ascetic
Level 21: Daredevil

Powers:
Level 1: Electric Bolt
Level 1: Lightning Arc (Rank 2, Rank 3, Accelerated Metabolism)
Level 6: Electric Form (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 8: Ionic Reverberation
Level 11: Concentration
Level 14: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Resurgent Reiki)
Level 17: Masterful Dodge
Level 20: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 23: "Whatever You Want"
Level 26: Lightning Storm (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 29: Ball Lightning (Rank 2, Triplicity)
Level 32: Gigabolt (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Electric Sheath (Matter – Energy Union)
Level 38: "Whatever You Want"

Travel Powers:
Level 6: "Whatever You Want"
Level 35: "Whatever You Want"

Specializations:
Endurance: Readiness (3/3)
Endurance: Gear Utilization (3/3)
Endurance: Outburst (2/3)
Endurance: Hardened (2/2)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: Focused Strikes (2/3)
Vindicator: Modified Gear (1/2)
Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Guardian: Locus (2/2)
Guardian: Ruthless (1/2)
Guardian: Find the Mark (1/3)
Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
Mastery: Endurance Mastery (1/1)

Link to this build: HERE

PLEASE NOTE:

1) This build is based on the concept of a hero with unlimited energy, which cannot run out even if they tried. As a result, the damage on this build is not optimal and the way I gear and use this toon is not for super DPS or incredibly high damage, but with a few tweaks it can achieve very good damage (3-3.2k LA ticks).

2) Concentration is not optimal on this build as the version I use (due to how I geared) grants 6% per stack.

3) The above version of the build leaves 7 advantage points and two travel power points to spend where you like.

My personal version (Joule) has fully statted END (in line with the once upon a time concept "Delta" had, some still adhere to it, I'm one of them). I am still working to increase her Maximum Energy Value, but right now I am sitting at 836 Maximum Energy and 10.1k HP (I have 98 CON stat, as she uses END (Con/Ego))

On 90% of the builds I use, I like to have "Variable Power Points" which allow me to switch out less "core" powers on a build to accomplish other things. On Joule's build I have used the following powers:

Energy Storm
Electric Block
Ebon Void
Electrocute (with Superconductor advantage) <-- This is a power which can significantly boost the damage of the build when used in concert with the rest of the build
Unbreakable
Resurgence
Invuln
Thunderstrike
Energy Wave
Post edited by theravenforce on

Comments

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    As a side note: Accelerated Metabolism usually isn't used on builds (that I make) but because of the concept and the free advantage point I had (as well as the fact that it would grant an additional 84 energy :trollface:) I decided to throw it on there.

Anyone attempting single statting END can accomplish this easily and in set with Electricity, Fire, PA and Wind.
    Post edited by theravenforce on
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    I wonder, would Energy Storm actually be viable for this build?
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
    zamuelpwe said:

I wonder, would Energy Storm actually be viable for this build?

Funny you should say that, I currently use it on this build, only at rank 2 and I hit for about...6k on a good day? This is not including bounce damage from Negative Ions absorption.

I'm only ever absorbing one effect from my own build, which I can use to empower myself and attack.

Most people don't look at energy storm because it's quite a busy power, but on a basic level it's okay. It's an interesting but highly situational heavy debuff power (vs Proc Field/MR/HPM/TFI(on NPCs) and PFF (which is a bug) ).

I've personally played with an offensive Energy Storm build and it hit for 13-15k without too many buffs (like AOs).

Energy Storm is both useful and problematic, it's useful on this build because it provides a 1-8 stack damage boost and can remove certain "messy" effects on enemies of any size and produce a combination of boosts and effects when fired.

But also, it absorbs these effects, lowering DPS of others who may utilize stuff like Clinging Flames and Chill and Negative Ions for their builds.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Thank you Very much for posted your build in forums, I was really curious to see how such build will work

as I told you ingame I would like to use it on a Mana-BEAM theme build ( PA Beamer for this case, Build Link, its heavely based on Flowcyto's Beamer PA dps)

From my experience, Overdrive scales HORRIBLE with END, it doesn't even seen to recognize it (bugged EU, this is why i have slotted REC secondaries)​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Yeah OD scales more w/ Rec than Int or End, and of the Int/End scaling I think it picks the higher one. Talents and slight gearing for Rec can still do okay w/OD builds already using End and/or Int SS.

End PSS builds have a decent niche for things like Ranged PA, Laser Sword, Celestial Conduit, or FC builds, which gobble up energy. I wouldn't be as hesitant to recommend the tree if Outburst boosted base dmg instead of passive dmg, but End PSS is still okay w/o it- due to stuff like Hardened, Kickback, and Readiness (and ofc the Mastery). Its just that there's not much point in taking End PSS, imo, if ya dun actually need the extra load of energy or can work around it in other ways (which to me applies to most builds).

I'd like the think that those that still advocate End PSS on FFs have experienced the Impulse AT themselves and wished it was more than what it is :x
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    I'm currerntly using this build template for my new WInd themed build for Nightingale...
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
    raighn said:

I'm currerntly using this build template for my new WInd themed build for Nightingale...

Nice, let me know how it works out! I'm tempted to try a wind build myself.
    flowcyto said:

Its just that there's not much point in taking End PSS, imo, if ya dun actually need the extra load of energy or can work around it in other ways (which to me applies to most builds).

I'd like the think that those that still advocate End PSS on FFs have experienced the Impulse AT themselves and wished it was more than what it is :x

Yeah, END PSS, spec tree could be a little better in some areas and yes. I've used Impulse AT so I know the struggle :disappointed: .

As I said, the concept is just to have an inordinate amount of energy, which you could further boost (as with most things) using AoPM.
    avianos said:

Thank you Very much for posted your build in forums, I was really curious to see how such build will work

as I told you ingame I would like to use it on a Mana-BEAM theme build ( PA Beamer for this case, Build Link, its heavely based on Flowcyto's Beamer PA dps)

From my experience, Overdrive scales HORRIBLE with END, it doesn't even seen to recognize it (bugged EU, this is why i have slotted REC secondaries)​​

My pleasure!

As for Overdrive...yeah...on my NRGMuffin.exe build I just have it "there" but it doesnt really add anything to the build, I have enough energy as is without Overdrive.

I do wish it scaled better though.