test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Oh, I like this! I was helping friends (all silver players) go through the Blood Moon event, and now the new Nighthawk event gives them something to play for as well.
  • crypticarkaynecrypticarkayne Posts: 182 Cryptic Developer
    :smile:
    quick question though: How are we supposed to farm this event?
    I should say, I understand you can do the daily, and thugs sometimes drop rewards, but wouldn't it make sense to have the confront portion of the daily as repeatable outside of the daily? Killing thugs isn't a consistent way of getting favor, and they also drop evidince which isn't any use outside of the daily mission.
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Stand outside what's-his-name's shiny door and keep doing the vehicle mission after you turn in the daily. Highly recommend your own vehicle because they're way better than Nighthawk's. It's 10 tokens on finish and goes fast if a few people have decent vehicles and kill the healers.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
    sterga said:

Stand outside what's-his-name's shiny door and keep doing the vehicle mission after you turn in the daily. Highly recommend your own vehicle because they're way better than Nighthawk's. It's 10 tokens on finish and goes fast if a few people have decent vehicles and kill the healers.

Ahh, good, this is what I was hoping but I hadn't realized that you needed to be outside the door.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    sterga said:

Thanks, I was wondering about that myself.

Also, some heroes are better than vehicles; when I ran Pyretta Blaze, she did okay in the borrowed jet, but lasted longer and (I think) did more damage when she used her own powers. (It helped that she could hover right next to Stone's jet and hit him with DoT fire attacks, so that even shooting her down only slowed things a bit...)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    jonsills said:

Also, some heroes are better than vehicles; when I ran Pyretta Blaze, she did okay in the borrowed jet, but lasted longer and (I think) did more damage when she used her own powers. (It helped that she could hover right next to Stone's jet and hit him with DoT fire attacks, so that even shooting her down only slowed things a bit...)

This is true but getting to the fight can be somewhat difficult. I stick to my own vehicle for this mostly because It's faster then my unranked flight, it's modified with the mods I like, and getting in and out of vehicles can be risky in a fight. If you have a high ranked flight you're probably going to better off without taking the vehicles provided, but if you can't fly, don't have your own vehicle, then you don't have a choice but to take the vehicles provided. I'd guess a large chunk of the game's population is in the later camp. This is what makes the Franklin Stone mission somewhat difficult.
    Okay, another quick question: How long is this event up for? It doesn't really say in the announcement but maybe they stated this elsewhere?
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Old content made new.
    Just add it to the permanent mission chain and be done with it.
    I'm still middle early stages of Mechanon Event gathering the Mechanon Tokens for the Costume pieces.​​
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Any chance the queue will be fixed up to be less ridiculously buggy and frustrating? Or maybe have an alternate way to farm coins besides an extremely rare drop from the random minions?