test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    @crypticarkayne can we have this added to Heavy Weapons also? The current in game drop Bat Saw (from Vibora Bay) is also limited to Martial Arts weapons, I was hoping the new one would be something different.​​
  • laius3laius3 Posts: 8 Arc User
    Why does this game need two bat-saws.
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    And why isn't one of them shaped like a bat (rodent)?
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Yup, wierd choice to make *another* bat-saw. I thought these gold bonus things would give us unique items.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • ogremindesogremindes Posts: 348 Arc User
    Not the lamest subscriber reward (that would still be the shaolin emote), but up there. It's a shame. Should be no shortage of ideas for cool pieces that are independent of a full costume set. That goes for lockbox bonus card stuff, too.

-Ogre
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    It doesn't feel very Halloween-iny. Seems to me that there's already game assets that I'd love to have like mummy face wraps from the Become devices or more stitched skin pieces so my Frankenstein's monster doesn't need to be wearing gloves and a shirt all the time.

However I do like that this is a two part unlock, giving us both a costume piece as well as a new weapon skin. Not sure how much use this will have, and as other have pointed out bat saws aren't exactly a high demand weapon skin, but I'd rather have something like this then an emote that has almost no utility.
    Except that we already have a Bat-Saw weapon unlock in-game.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    A version of baseball bat sans sawblade would have been much more versatile and has been asked for many times, seemed a no brainer addition following the hockey stick.​​
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited October 2015

And why isn't one of them shaped like a bat (rodent)?

Because bats aren't rodents. The resemblance is strictly coincidental.

Besides, if there were a bat-shaped bat, I'd have to make a Queesnryche-themed character, and nobody wants that.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    Yah.. this struck me as weird too. Not that it matters since I'm not Gold. But I guess that's the point you can get this without being subscribed.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    Besides, if there were a bat-shaped bat, I'd have to make a Queesnryche-themed character, and nobody wants that.

Awww... I probably would.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Well even when there were zero bat saws in the game I don't think it was a high demand item. Now we have two.
    guyhumual said:

Well even when there were zero bat saws in the game I don't think it was a high demand item. Now we have two.
    .......when all that was required was one.
    zrdRBy8.png

guyhumual said:

.......when all that was required was one.
    What I'm saying is that even one was superfluous. It's not an item I imagine I'll be using. I haven't used the original yet even though it's been in the game for years now. However it is a costume unlock and I like being able to design a costume wearing the same weapon that my character uses.
    They should have given us one of the more popular weapons in-game as a back piece or to wear on the hip(dependant on weapon) would have taken less time and would have been better received.
    zrdRBy8.png

They should have given us one of the more popular weapons in-game as a back piece or to wear on the hip(dependant on weapon) would have taken less time and would have been better received.

I would have liked something different, however I don't think being negative helps developers, especially now that we know they're reading and participating in the forums again. I'm just pointing out what I feel they got right. Perhaps all future weapons will feature a wearable component. I totally understand your disappointment, but I feel that sometimes the developers only get negativity thrown at them, and I'm just trying to point out the positives.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    We... already have one of these things- you know what? Nevermind. I give up.
    edited October 2015
    guyhumual said:

I would have liked something different, however I don't think being negative helps developers, especially now that we know they're reading and participating in the forums again. I'm just pointing out what I feel they got right. Perhaps all future weapons will feature a wearable component. I totally understand your disappointment, but I feel that sometimes the developers only get negativity thrown at them, and I'm just trying to point out the positives.

Sorry, I can't defend the nonsense that the Gold Bonus items have become. They started well but have recently declined to an all time low. The last lockbox bonus scheme item was nonsense as well and obviously an afterthought. If the devs do something well I always give positive feedback.

We... already have one of these things- you know what? Nevermind. I give up.

And I can't blame ya mate.

I can think of so many little things they could have made instead of another bat-saw that could have taken the same amount of resources and been far more fitting for the genre. It seems that whoever is making these decisions doesn't really grasp the concept and that their head really isn't in the game.

zrdRBy8.png
    Well I don't know about you but those two death reach emotes we got last month were more useful to me then the emote pack sold in the C-Store. Before that got released the only way to lay down was to actually kill yourself via console command. As much as I disliked the previous emote reward, the death reach emotes, for me, have been some of the best bonus gold rewards to date, and I'm usually all about the costumes.
    I think that they should have given what they promised.........

"Starting June 1st, we’re offering subscribing players exclusive costume pieces! Each month, enjoy a new piece -- each exclusive piece will rotate out at the end of the month, so make sure you're subscribed. You don't want to miss out on this bonus!"

.....instead of emotes which should have been introduced to the game in another way. I'm glad that people like those emotes but they shouldn't be part of this scheme.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • gregoryajonesgregoryajones Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Hi,

Sorry to barge in on a random topic.
    My account wont work for champions online, I can log into arcs website which seems to have no problem, champions online seems to not be sending the email i have registered with my account a "New password" or a Remind you of your account name. No emails. Everything else works dandy, I even got to the part where Champions online launched and proceeded to ask me for a verification code for this computer. adjusted the screen gamma,

Sat there and tried everything I could think of to log in.
    I really would like to try this game as a member instead of free to play. Albeit I can't even try the game cause I can't even log in, Nor do i see a support center number so i could be waiting for days for a problem that might take 30 minutes on the phone MAX.

Please help.
    Thanks
    Greg

if you could help me please email me at GAJones4221@gmail.com
    Any help at all is appreciated.

Edit 2, so apparently my arc login doesn't work either, it just memorized it when it asked to remember password on the browser, so neither of the 2 work. If someone could please flag this on this thread so someone will actually see it that would be great.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Tried contacting Support with an email?
    Or small lettered email address?
    ...​​
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif