test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Earth Master?

So, I was looking through classic enemies 4th edition, and I came across Earthmaster (a powerful earth-control villain). He was a seismic researcher that found one of the Crowns of Krim in the San Andreas Fault. This is the first mention I have found of one of the crowns (although my search was not very thorough). Dark Seraph crown is just called the Iron Crown in his write-up.

Anyhoo... I was wondering if Earthmaster has been re-named and if one of the Krimies was an earth wielder. Any insights?

Comments

• vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Thanks BGB, must have glazed over that lore when I did it.

Tremblor is a hilarious name... perfect for a pure cheese SV. "Tremble puny fleshbags, tremble before the geological might of TREMBLOR!!!"
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Actually, it's "Temblor," Spanish for "tremor." Miguel Cordova was a Mexican geologist before finding the Earth Crown of Krim and being changed by it. Although he has earth-control powers like the Earthmaster, he became a massive stone humanoid rather than retaining a human appearance.
  • cynet1cynet1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    ?​​
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    cynet1 said:

?​​

Your general mind-set or a specific question?

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Earthmaster and Dark Seraph both debuted in the mid-1980s, in a Champions villain collection called Enemies III. At that time there was no connection between them. The Earth Crown of Krim was the only mention of Krim, with no more background given. The first edition of Champions Universe in the early '90s, describing an official setting for the game (which was substantially different from today's setting) put forth the premise that the Earth Crown, Dark Seraph's Iron Crown, and a Stone Crown mentioned in an early Champions adventure module, were all creations of this malevolent but undefined entity called Krim.

When Steve Long, former Hero Games Line Developer, rebooted the CU for the 21st Century, he revised the premise to create the Crowns of Krim we have today, and linked them and Krim to Takofanes and the CU's prehistoric Turakian Age.