test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This week's patch: facepalms

squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
edited September 2015 in Champions Online Discussion
-Lockboxes aren't dropping. Why? Will they drop? When? FIXED

-Drifter Auras are Bind to Character, not account. WHY?

-No free retcon despite major cdr nerf.

- Onslaught villains can attack heroes who haven't attacked them
- No indication which onslaught villains you've attacked (which would be handy if the above ever got fixed)
- Major onslaught siting right in the 6-10 level area. Combined with above, means new players just get murdered while trying to do quests. There are areas of west side that are close to unused - why is the onslaught guy not in one of those rather than right next to all the purple gang quests and spawn point?
- Gravitar's pull-in power makes me nauseous. It managed to be 10x worse than what the rampage gravitar does on spinning you around and much stronger too. (As an onslaught villain, the vehicle power that does something similar - gravity pulse - is also making me nauseous).
- Onslaught villains are way too mobile, can pretty much run around kiting and make it impossible to kill them in time, and means you're required to have flight to bother with fighting them. (Also: more melee hate, because apparently you have to feel bad for choosing to play melee in every gameplay option.)
- Relatedly, Onslaught villains seemingly immune to most control powers, because why would we want manipulator characters bothering to play this content. (Not that there are many of them, because they're ineffective in pretty much all content. Can we stop hating on controllers and let them actually play the game and contribute?)
- Some kind of onslaught villain bug where some players are managing to use devices. I've seen an almost dead onslaught villain heal to full in an instant, and an onslaught villain running around with Teleiosaurs. Also, superspeed continues to work if the hero had it active before becoming a villain. (This last is a general become problem)
- Onslaught targets deal way too much damage (vastly more than players) and respawn timers are way too long.
- Onslaught targets only show up when you're near them, meaning you can generally only see one from any point. Combined with long respawn timers, makes it a pain to complete the villain quest
- Villain power dynamics only seem to work when using them on players, makes it impossible to get a feel for how they play by attacking NPCs. You know, before putting yourself in the middle of 30 players all looking to kill you.
- Villains being able to target bad guy mobs makes it really annoying to target players in a lot of circumstances. Can the onslaught becomes lock tab targeting to players only?
- Onslaught tokens are bound to character and yet are items and not currencies for some unfathomable reason. WHY?
- Unlocking onslaught villains is character specific (!!!), at least with lockbox item. (According to people who've used them)

Edit: Updated. And seriously, what's with the bind-to-character obsession with items that either have traditionally bound to account or would make more sense bound to account.
Post edited by squirrelloid on

Comments

• nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    Business as normal then. Can we start calling this Kitchen Sink 3 yet? ¬_¬"
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    - No indication which onslaught villains you've attacked (which would be handy if the above ever got fixed)

If you are flagged, which is easy to see as it is a 3 minute debuff, you can be attacked. Plain and simple. You can only be flagged if you attack an Onslaught villain or heal someone that is currently flagged. There is no, if you attack one none of the others can't engage you. You attack or heal, you're flagged.
    - Major onslaught siting right in the 6-10 level area. Combined with above, means new players just get murdered while trying to do quests. There are areas of west side that are close to unused - why is the onslaught guy not in one of those rather than right next to all the purple gang quests and spawn point?

See above. If they don't attack then this has no affect on them. No they can't be just attacked by a random onslaught villain. I stood in the radius of several attacks while unflagged and was never hit.
    - Onslaught villains are way too mobile, can pretty much run around kiting and make it impossible to kill them in time, and means you're required to have flight to bother with fighting them. (Also: more melee hate, because apparently you have to feel bad for choosing to play melee in every gameplay option.)

I've never felt hated as melee.
    - Relatedly, Onslaught villains seemingly immune to most control powers, because why would we want manipulator characters bothering to play this content. (Not that there are many of them, because they're ineffective in pretty much all content. Can we stop hating on controllers and let them actually play the game and contribute?)

Yes, because making the onslaught villains a joke by chain stunning them is the better option. And manipulator isn't a joke because they are ineffective in content. Manipulator is a joke because they aren't needed due to the ridiculous damage right now.
    - Onslaught targets deal way too much damage (vastly more than players) and respawn timers are way too long.

What? They are super villains. They need to be dangerous. Especially since they can't block. And how is 0 seconds too long on respawn?
    - Onslaught targets only show up when you're near them, meaning you can generally only see one from any point. Combined with long respawn timers, makes it a pain to complete the villain quest

There is a beam of light from the sky that points down to an active onslaught villain. And again what long respawn timer?
    - Villain power dynamics only seem to work when using them on players, makes it impossible to get a feel for how they play by attacking NPCs. You know, before putting yourself in the middle of 30 players all looking to kill you.

I don't get this complaint.
    - Villains being able to target bad guy mobs makes it really annoying to target players in a lot of circumstances. Can the onslaught becomes lock tab targeting to players only?

Bad guys attack each other. There is no universal villains are working mutually in any medium.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    If you are flagged, which is easy to see as it is a 3 minute debuff, you can be attacked. Plain and simple. You can only be flagged if you attack an Onslaught villain or heal someone that is currently flagged. There is no, if you attack one none of the others can't engage you. You attack or heal, you're flagged.

See above. If they don't attack then this has no affect on them. No they can't be just attacked by a random onslaught villain. I stood in the radius of several attacks while unflagged and was never hit.

There are some bugged powers and such that flag you for Onslaught combat even if you didn't actively hit a villain. These are a problem and it needs to be fixed.

Villains can attack on the move, and often disable travel powers on Heroes. They can jump very high and far while in combat. If you're fighting a very jumpy Villain, chances are full melee players will only hit the Villain like 1/10th of the time that ranged can hit them. If you have a villain being nice and just standing still for you, yeah melee is fine.

What? They are super villains. They need to be dangerous. Especially since they can't block. And how is 0 seconds too long on respawn?

He said Onslaught TARGETS. The ones you need to hit for the daily mission. These guys hit very hard, so the only real tactic to use against them is stand back and snipe and hope the guy doesn't reset. And you often have to do this while getting beat on by thirty dudes. And once they're beat, they're gone for a LONG time. They do not respawn in zero seconds.

There is a beam of light from the sky that points down to an active onslaught villain. And again what long respawn timer?

Again, TARGETS. Although this is a moot point, they all show up on the minimap. But there should be more of them and the respawn timers on them should me much shorter.

Bad guys attack each other. There is no universal villains are working mutually in any medium.​​

The problem is that they get in the way while tab targeting. It's like trying to fight someone using a couple dozen pets. You don't care about killing the pets, you ONLY want to target the guy you're fighting. Having to hit tab a bunch of times or clicking on the guy you wanna hit can be a pain.

biffsig.jpg
  • jellycupsowbugjellycupsowbug Posts: 358 Arc User
    Go into Options, then key binds and in the targeting binds set a key for nearest enemy player. Do one for nearest friendly player, too, for healing. Don't even use tab to cycle targets. I use it to cancel them, and pick new ones with auto-aim, or clicking. The pace of this game is too fast to be futzing around with incrementing through a list in which the order is constantly changing.
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User

Go into Options, then key binds and in the targeting binds set a key for nearest enemy player. Do one for nearest friendly player, too, for healing. Don't even use tab to cycle targets. I use it to cancel them, and pick new ones with auto-aim, or clicking. The pace of this game is too fast to be futzing around with incrementing through a list in which the order is constantly changing.

This is good advice.

Nearest guy isn't always the guy you wanna target. Though it's good advice for other stuff too.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Ahh another topic, about this horrible choice of "PW".

Keep it up OP
    Psi.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    I haven't had any trouble completing the villain dailies. I just take my villain to the east side of town in the zone with the fewest number of players. Done in 15 minutes. There's no law saying you have to pick targets which are likely to have heroes nearby in the most populated zones.​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User

In addition to the problems with the flag triggering Biff mentions
    1. Death does not clear the buff
    2. The way I thought I heard it was that an onslaught villain would not be able to attack you unless you attacked them. Not attacked any onslaught villain.
    3. Pretty sure i've walked up to a player who didn't have the flag and gave it to them by attacking them as a villain. I could be mistaken, of course, but they certainly weren't actively fighting any.
    4. So, a new player with an AoE power who's trying to complete quests has an onslaught villain just *walk by* the mob he's attacking, and he's eligible for all onslaught villains to come beat him up? Sounds fair...
    5. Gravitar's get closer channel seems to affect all players, not just those actively fighting.

I'm not going to repeat Biff below either, consider this in addition to his points

This of course misses the point that kiting with millions of hp is really dumb.

Yes, because making the onslaught villains a joke by chain stunning them is the better option. And manipulator isn't a joke because they are ineffective in content. Manipulator is a joke because they aren't needed due to the ridiculous damage right now.
    Chain Stunning them up to 3x before they become immune? Oh noes? You act like there isn't a mechanism which triggers absolute immunity to control powers after only a few applications.

Being able to use control powers on them would stop them from kiting and let melee actually get some hits in. It would also make it more than 'throw damage on the big sacks of hp' because you could counter their power moves by stunning/paralyzing/etc.. them. Instead of only having advantaged ice cage to do that (one of the only control powers that works).

What Biff said.

Also, typically only one target shows up on the minimap at a time (ones far from you don't show up until you get close). So unless you're going to go map them all out and memorize their locations, you don't have any idea where they are. Should put *all of them* on the minimap regardless of distance.

I don't get this complaint.
    I want to figure out how to play gravitar, so i go beat up some npcs. But lo, i don't gain any stacks of whatever it is so i can unlock higher tier powers for use unless i attack players. I still have no idea how to play Gravitar, despite playing her once, because there's literally no way to practice.

Sure, and i'd be happy to have to click on bad guy mobs if i want to attack them. But if i'm hitting tab to find a target, i'm looking for a *player* target. I don't want to scroll through half-a-dozen purple gang members to find the hero who's attacking me and jumping around like a kangaroo so i can't click on him. This isn't about working together, this is about (some) players intentionally making targeting obnoxious, and creating an inappropriate 'difficulty' by exploiting the game engine.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    In addition to the problems with the flag triggering Biff mentions
    1. Death does not clear the buff
    2. The way I thought I heard it was that an onslaught villain would not be able to attack you unless you attacked them. Not attacked any onslaught villain.
    3. Pretty sure i've walked up to a player who didn't have the flag and gave it to them by attacking them as a villain. I could be mistaken, of course, but they certainly weren't actively fighting any.
    4. So, a new player with an AoE power who's trying to complete quests has an onslaught villain just *walk by* the mob he's attacking, and he's eligible for all onslaught villains to come beat him up? Sounds fair...
    5. Gravitar's get closer channel seems to affect all players, not just those actively fighting.

I'm not going to repeat Biff below either, consider this in addition to his points
    1. It's not suppose to, dunno why you are expecting it to.
    2. You heard wrong because it never was suppose to. If you flag, you are attackable by any onslaught villain.
    3. Hyperbole is all and well but I've walked up to people who were flagged and stayed unflagged.
    4. Sounds like a case of be careful what you are shooting at, it's not like, for instance, the purple gang is only in that secluded spot and they can't go anywhere else.
    5. Doesn't affect me unless I am flagged. Again hyperbole is all and well, but there seems to be a counter to each of these points so far.

And to answer the Biff point, the "bugged" powers are the ones that heal others so yea, they need to be addressed.

Because Onslaught Villains aren't meant to be 1v1 fights with a single hero. Secondly since your CC immunity pops up there is a timer and I had no trouble keeping up with jumpy villains. Especially since villains have to stop and are rooted by using many of their powers.

Chain Stunning them up to 3x before they become immune? Oh noes? You act like there isn't a mechanism which triggers absolute immunity to control powers after only a few applications.

Being able to use control powers on them would stop them from kiting and let melee actually get some hits in. It would also make it more than 'throw damage on the big sacks of hp' because you could counter their power moves by stunning/paralyzing/etc.. them. Instead of only having advantaged ice cage to do that (one of the only control powers that works).
    Ha, yea how long does that immunity last? Oh yea, not long enough to make it worthwhile. Really I would buy that if the immunity was actually worth a spit and not something so trivially fleeting. And I am not saying this because I play villain, I am saying this as I was busy fighting them. I saw what multiple chain stunning could do it neutered and pretty much rendered an onslaught villain worthless on test.

Also, typically only one target shows up on the minimap at a time (ones far from you don't show up until you get close). So unless you're going to go map them all out and memorize their locations, you don't have any idea where they are. Should put *all of them* on the minimap regardless of distance.

I dunno where you get this from. I can, without having turne don Onslaught now, look on the minimap and see all the onslaught targets. I can also see all three stores.

I want to figure out how to play gravitar, so i go beat up some npcs. But lo, i don't gain any stacks of whatever it is so i can unlock higher tier powers for use unless i attack players. I still have no idea how to play Gravitar, despite playing her once, because there's literally no way to practice.

I will reiterate, I don't get this complaint. Instead of going to PvP or maybe reading the powers you just want to PvE with them.

Sure, and i'd be happy to have to click on bad guy mobs if i want to attack them. But if i'm hitting tab to find a target, i'm looking for a *player* target. I don't want to scroll through half-a-dozen purple gang members to find the hero who's attacking me and jumping around like a kangaroo so i can't click on him. This isn't about working together, this is about (some) players intentionally making targeting obnoxious, and creating an inappropriate 'difficulty' by exploiting the game engine.

I will have to say it's generally the villains doing it themselves by jumping into a group of a bunch of purple gangers. And in that scenario shouldn't the reverse be true that the heroes should only need to be able to target the onslaught villain then when they do jump into a bunch of purple gangers? Or are you only wanting this a one way street because of some perceived unfairness?​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User

1. It's not suppose to, dunno why you are expecting it to.

Whether it's supposed to or not, it should. Spawncamping is dumb.

2. You heard wrong because it never was suppose to. If you flag, you are attackable by any onslaught villain.
    Also dumb. There's a difference between 'supposed to' and actually good design.

4. Sounds like a case of be careful what you are shooting at, it's not like, for instance, the purple gang is only in that secluded spot and they can't go anywhere else.
    l2play n00b! Oh wait, these are new players, and they're trying to learn to play, but 4.5 million hp grond who one shots them just stepped on their face. Yeah, um, yeah.

And the vendor is virtually on top of the purple gang intimidating restauranteurs, which only can be done in that one place. (Not to mention right next to Kodiak, who is the contact for all the early missions). They literally could not have chosen a worse place to put the vendor.

And again, new players, they don't know where purple gang is - why should they have to go searching for purple gang that won't get them annihilated by virtually involuntary pvp.

Seriously, imagine you're a new player who doesn't know *anything* about the game except you've played the tutorial and Defender just sent you to Kodiak. Is getting smashed by level 40 players pvping you and then spawncamping you for 3 minutes really what you want their first post-tutorial experience to be? I would have quit the game.

Because Onslaught Villains aren't meant to be 1v1 fights with a single hero. Secondly since your CC immunity pops up there is a timer and I had no trouble keeping up with jumpy villains. Especially since villains have to stop and are rooted by using many of their powers.

And when the Onslaught villain goes hopping from building to building, you get those ridiculous 1v1 or 2v1 fights, because most people can't keep up. It's seriously difficult to run down a villain who is kiting without a vehicle, and then you can't slow them down *at all*, so the moment you land an attack, they start getting away from you again because they're faster than the combat-speed of flight or vehicles *even without their travel power!* (Seriously, chasing fleeing gravitars is one of the most aggravating things in the game).

Ha, yea how long does that immunity last? Oh yea, not long enough to make it worthwhile. Really I would buy that if the immunity was actually worth a spit and not something so trivially fleeting. And I am not saying this because I play villain, I am saying this as I was busy fighting them. I saw what multiple chain stunning could do it neutered and pretty much rendered an onslaught villain worthless on test.

So maybe hold and knock resistance need to be looked at and made to last longer? That would be a far better solution than disabling all control for every fight you'd actually want to use it in. Blanket immunity is terrible game design - why have the powers in the first place?

I dunno where you get this from. I can, without having turne don Onslaught now, look on the minimap and see all the onslaught targets. I can also see all three stores.

... i only see onslaught targets (or socrates terminal 'i have a mission' exclamation points, or etc...,) within a certain radius on my minimap - everything else doesn't show. By minimap i mean the one in the upper right corner, not when i hit 'm' to open the Map.

I will reiterate, I don't get this complaint. Instead of going to PvP or maybe reading the powers you just want to PvE with them.

You don't understand people wanting to figure out how something works *in practice* before hopping straight into a confusing pvp-fest? Maybe we don't all learn the same as you. Did you ever think maybe the existence of testing rooms in the PH was geared towards exactly that kind of learning?

I read the tooltips, they're terribly uninformative. Gravitar's first two powers don't say anything about how they give stacks as i recall, and trying to figure out power rotations is not something you can do just by reading tooltips.

I will have to say it's generally the villains doing it themselves by jumping into a group of a bunch of purple gangers. And in that scenario shouldn't the reverse be true that the heroes should only need to be able to target the onslaught villain then when they do jump into a bunch of purple gangers? Or are you only wanting this a one way street because of some perceived unfairness?​​
    There is zero reason for an Onslaught villain to want to target most NPCs, so giving them options to avoid doing so when trying to find targets is good design. (Count the Onslaught target robot as a player for these purposes if it makes sense, although i can't imagine a OVillain trying to fight a target and players at the same time, and could just click for that limited purpose - that's literally the only time an OVillain will want to target NPCs).

Hero players, otoh, do have reason to want to target regular mobs, so it would be bad design to strip that from them. Maybe make it a bindable option to limit targets to enemy players so they can activate it if they want to.

Acquiring a target *that you want* should not be something the game makes excessively difficult for you to do. It should be making it as easy as possible.
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited September 2015

I haven't had any trouble completing the villain dailies. I just take my villain to the east side of town in the zone with the fewest number of players. Done in 15 minutes. There's no law saying you have to pick targets which are likely to have heroes nearby in the most populated zones.​​

That's what I do.. I don't tend to enjoy PvP much, but I can hit a low pop zone and go to an area of MC with nobody standing around, knock out the 3 NPC targets for my daily and then volunteer to let a bunch of heroes come kill me [May as well give them some free hero tokens and snag a few bonus Villain tokens, eh?].

And I've had a pretty damn fun time doing it with zero performance pressure that way, since with the daily mission done, my success is done.. and I don't even care if I do well or defeat a bunch of or even if I defeat any heroes.

Really, as long as there are low pop instances of MC to knock out the dailies vs NPCs in, this may be the very best form of PvP I've ever encountered. Hell, even if a few heroes show up to try to ruin my rampage, I have millions of health for them to chew through. I can almost literally ignore them while I make my way around and complete my goal of taking out three NPCs. After that, who cares if they get a defeat on me, and I may just get a few bonus VT for it.
  • elenahallelenahall Posts: 28 Arc User
    I have to agree with pretty much all the points of squirrelloid there except the one about seperating the flagging for different villains. You attack one you're a free target for all seems okay to me.

New players who don't want to participate, or in general any players who don't want to participate shouldn't have to. Making it easily possible to get them flagged on accident shouldn't happen.

For this reason the location of the agent is very very badly picked. New players are the most likely to make a mistake and attack something they see on accident without realizing it has anything to do with PvP. Keeping that agent far away from the very starter missions should be obvious, everything else just encourages griefers and people who get their fix by harassing other players. There are more than enough morons who would follow a new player around sitting on their target just waiting for them to use an AoE.

On top of that lower leveled players are unlikely to benefit from the Onslaught Quests anyways, they are just fodder for the villains relying on other players to get the villain down.

I also strongly agree that the tooltips and explanation for the villain powers are totally confusing and broken.
    When i played medusa and wanted to know what a power does, it didn't even show me a tooltip when hovering over the ability. I didn't figure it out in the full fight and only realized how it worked after looking it up afterwards.

If theres no tutorial or better explanation beforehand, at least make sure the tooltips are not broken and actually show a good description.

In regards to the whole control powers, thats more of a general CO problem. The whole CC system needs a major overhaul in my opinion. That said, it might work well if every stun/cc/control power would give a villain a not resistable 10 second timer on disabling all their travel powers and reducing their movement speed/jump height by a good portion, like 70%

These villains have their high health values for a reason, running away and kiting shouldn't really be the main focus of these fights anyways.

I don't believe that Cryptic/PWE wants to spend the human ressources to get more people on the development team. To overhaul anything at all it would need coders who actually do that. Over the last years all I've seen is a reworking of the existing things, and any overhaul is very unlikely to ever happen. it's more likely to see a totally new superhero game than it is for us to see any major updates. .. and yes thats a totally subjective and perhaps pessimistic view on things. Let me know in a year if I was wrong, I doubt it.

• roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User

-Lockboxes aren't dropping. Why? Will they drop? When?

-No free retcon despite major cdr nerf.

- Some kind of onslaught villain bug where some players are managing to use devices. I've seen an almost dead onslaught villain heal to full in an instant, and an onslaught villain running around with Teleiosaurs. Also, superspeed continues to work if the hero had it active before becoming a villain. (This last is a general become problem)

- Onslaught tokens are bound to character and yet are items and not currencies for some unfathomable reason. WHY?

I find these points to particularly valid.

No lockboxes are dropping.

No retcon for major supestat change--it's been suggested retcon tokens are coming.

Some passives and other abilities (area heals) are flagging players unexpectedly.

I have also see players benefit from devices while transformed, particularly dinos.

The way tokens are bound, earned, and spent is inane. I want the new powers, and I have to pick a single toon to farm Onslaught for ages to get each one.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    Sounds like Feedback wasn't taken much into account if at all to those that tested. :trollface:
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • ramthananaxramthananax Posts: 128 Arc User

The way tokens are bound, earned, and spent is inane. I want the new powers, and I have to pick a single toon to farm Onslaught for ages to get each one.

That's always bugged me. The game actively encourages you to make alts... but when it comes to the (way too many) in-game currencies, it punishes for playing alts.

• xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    rtma said:

Sounds like Feedback wasn't taken much into account if at all to those that tested. :trollface:

Well, feedback was taken into account. They fixed a lot of stuff that was brought up, but they released Onslaught before ALL the issues were addressed. But if you look at the pts forums, you can see all the stuff they were fixing or tweaking with each release.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited September 2015

I find these points to particularly valid.

No lockboxes are dropping.

No retcon for major supestat change--it's been suggested retcon tokens are coming.

Some passives and other abilities (area heals) are flagging players unexpectedly.

I have also see players benefit from devices while transformed, particularly dinos.

Actually, I came in this thread expecting to not agree with anything in it. But quite frankly yes, those points are valid. Just so everyone knows, most of those complaints are noted in the PTS thread. I have faith the devs will make changes based on them.

No new launch of anything in an mmo is perfect. Becuase how something acts on test and what happens when it hits the chaotic real world is anyone's guess. Usually the first week of something new is buggy and a little confusing.

That being said, I find the problems mentioned to not be all that terrible and I'm betting they will be resolved.

As for kiting and moving opponents - well welcome to PVP. Players are smarter than AI - so they will attempt to escape or break the group up into smaller numbers. It makes perfect sense.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
    A couple of points. When I mentioned being able to see the Onslaught Targets on the map, I did mean the M map. What I did yesterday was hit M, click on the a Onslaught Target I wanted to hit so that an X pops up over it, then go straight there. It's easy and quick and can be done in combat.

Allowing CC to work was terrible for the villains. You'd get all your fun powers interrupted and put on cooldown. Not fun at all.

To "learn" Gravitar, did you read up on how her attacks work? While you're at the vendor, you can get a quick rundown of what to do when playing any of the villains. It doesn't beat real testing, but it's a start. And you shouldn't be shy about trying powers out on real people. I've seen over thirty people piled on a Gravitar and she didn't go down quickly. The villains are meant to last, and they do.
    biffsig.jpg
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    xrazamax said:

Well, feedback was taken into account. They fixed a lot of stuff that was brought up, but they released Onslaught before ALL the issues were addressed. But if you look at the pts forums, you can see all the stuff they were fixing or tweaking with each release.

Well, as long as they get around to fixing it. O..o

Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    I am having the same issue with my minimap only showing the nearest onslaught target. Seems like a bug, since their locations are static.

I have also been killed by a Medusa while browsing a vendors goods. No way I had attacked an OV within 3 minutes of that.

And, clearly death should wipe any status flag you had. Killing newbs at the respawn point is probably not the kind of behavior we should reward!