test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Champions Online: Supervillain Onslaught: Gravitar

Comments

• zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    Interesting, it seems there's a new character artist. The linework isn't as dark or thick as a lot of the older art.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • reiwulfreiwulf Posts: 442 Arc User
    I love her new clothes. she doesn't look like she belongs in the red district anymore
    natesig.jpg

• nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    zamuelpwe said:

Interesting, it seems there's a new character artist. The linework isn't as dark or thick as a lot of the older art.

Brad Stoken the long time Champions Online artist and eventual executive producer left for Riot Entertainment and the legendary league game they make sometime last year, passing the production reigns to Trailturtle and the artist reigns...to someone else. I wonder who.
    Post edited by nextnametaken on
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    I've always imagined Gravitar as someone who is supposed to be hot, modern and trendy, and not sporting Harriet Nelson's hairdo.​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • windupduckwindupduck Posts: 52 Arc User

I've always imagined Gravitar as someone who is supposed to be hot, modern and trendy, and not sporting Harriet Nelson's hairdo.​​

She's bringing it back, that's how hip she is! :P
    I could picture her attempting to make an older style new again.

What's really interesting is that this new art has her in purple while the in game version is still pure black. I wonder if one of the two should be adjusted slightly in color.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    I think the new costume looks bland and boring, while saying "I'm afraid to offend people". Her look should portray confidence and how proud she is of her powers.

zamuelpwe said:

Brad Stoken the long time Champions Online artist and eventual executive producer left for Riot Entertainment and the legendary league game they make sometime last year, passing the production reigns to Trailturtle and the artist reigns...to someone else. I wonder who.
    I wonder as well. It could be purely in-house or it could be a freelancer. If it's a feelancer, it feels like someone with a slightly closer style to the current art could have been used.

Separately, if Gravitar and the other Onslaught villains have new art, it might be good to add it to the Media page.

-Sterga
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2015

We had J.A.G.[Joshua A. Guglielmo](did lots of concept costume arts and Loading Screens), Minoh Kim (did the FATAL ERROR Load Screen) and Zachary Graves (did the Mechanon Loading Screen).(G00GLE them, lots of awesome stuff)
    No idea who the New Gravitar artist is.​​
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!