test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Don't lock the mouse durring cut scenes.

guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
Now maybe you can't make a cut scene that you can skip, I seem to remember that a developer was saying that there's stuff going on behind the scenes, but can you at least not lock the mouse so I can do other things while the unskippable cut scene plays? I just ran that nemesis mission today where you trap Ghost Veil in the desert mine. In the middle of that mission there's a two minute cut scene that locks the mouse. So not only am I forced to watch this scene for the 15th time, but now I can't watch videos on YouTube or something like that while it plays out.

If you can't skip the cut scenes don't lock our mouse so we're forced to watch it.

Comments

• soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    I agree with this. Its annoying when the mouse gets locked.
  • cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    I've found that my mouse isn't locked if I'm not panning the camera with "right click and hold" as the cut scene starts.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    I found when I have the mouse cursor in the center of the screen, it gets stuck, but if I keep it off to the side, I can use the mouse when I alt-tab during a cut-scene. It's weird, but hopefully that helps you.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    The mouse doesn't get locked on all cut scenes, it's a very mixed bag, and in fact I find that the mouse isn't locked on most of them, but a few, like that first foxbat cut scene and the ghost veil cut scene always lock the mouse regardless of where it is on the screen or what you're doing with it. I have dual monitors and if I anticipate a cut scene I'll queue up a video to watch.
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    The key to not getting a mouse lock when entering a cutscene is to not have the right-mouse-button down to turn the camera. Though this only applies for the traditional MMO control scheme I think. FPS mode might require you to essentially do the opposite.

As a complete precaution if you feel like a cutscene's about to come up, just entirely leave the hands off the mouse until it begins. It's a problem of mouse-focus, and leaving it freed up should keep any issues from arising.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Fully Agreed! this bug is irritating

I got stuck watching the Vehicle Modification Tutorial with one character once :|​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!