test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shrinking Suggestion.

theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
edited July 2015 in Suggestions Box
The subject of being able to use an in combat version of Super Shrinker has been spoken about recently as well as many times in the past. Whilst it is still a great idea (at least in my opinion as well as a few others), if it isn't possible for some reason (We don't have a problem targeting Hummingbird in GRAB and she uses an in combat super shrinker), then I'd like to suggest one of the following:

Another Advantage on Miniaturization Drive.

Micro Defence - When you activate Miniaturization Drive, you apply a slightly modified version to yourself! Whilst your enemies shrink resulting in lowered damage and size, you also SHRINK in size granting you increased resistance to all damage and movement speed. This advantage cannot be used with Reciprocating Gizmo Advantage.

^ A few problems with this would be that how would this stop people from selecting Reciprocating Gizmo? Even if it was a three point advantage, there'd still be two points to select RG. So...I'd suggest this but as another new On Next Hit Power.

New On Next Hit Power. This would act more as a self buff than an offensive ONH.

Diminutive Defence - Diminutive Defence charges your next attack with an altered miniaturization field this time centred on you. After attacking you will begin to shrink rapidly, granting you 18% increased resistance to all damage and increasing your movement speed and jump height by 33% for 18 seconds.

Rank 2 - 22% increased Resistance to all damage and 35% increase to movement speed and jump height for 18 seconds.

Rank 3 - 25% increased Resistance to all damage and 40% increase to movement speed and jump height for 18 seconds.

Two Point Advantage - If I'm going down, so are you! - Causes Diminutive Defence to shrink the targets of your attack as well as you. This advantage also increases the damage you deal against shrunk targets by 15%.

I don't see us being able to alter our size in combat as being a terrible issue, since it doesn't actually affect PvE since aside from using a threat wipe or stealth, mobs don't have an issue targeting players. And as for PvP...players can already make themselves incredibly large using Reciprocating Gizmo and Enrage's Giant Growth, I'd imagine being smaller or being able to shrink to say Hummingbird or less sizes wouldn't be a serious problem. There are more pressing issues in PvP.

Thoughts? Improvements?

Note: I did think about increased dodge/avoid instead of resistance to all damage but resist all seemed more stable and less prone to getting out of hand when stacked in comparison to resistance.

Comments