test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Champions Online On Alert Issues

Comments

• draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    I know it's not really a bug, but FM could still use a rebalance in both the rewards and how some of the fights work.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    draogn wrote: »
    I know it's not really a bug, but FM could still use a rebalance in both the rewards and how some of the fights work.

AGREED! But again, this alert was dead on arrival
    and the timer is still running during Cutsenses, which never got properly fixed​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited October 2015
    In matter of fact, let's report this as well

Forum Malvanum
    2:30 is the Time Limit of each round after a certain Round, however the timer runs even DURING the cutsences instead of starting AFTER the cutsense
    in the Fight with Duratok and Ironclad the timer is at 1:30 AFTER the cutsense end

This alert is BS, broken and flawed Design!
    Don't you dare tell me that this alert is working as intented because a specific Troll DEV said so! ITS NOT​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    Since the CDR nerf Frosticus' Ice Prisons are applied faster than the CD of AD's. With the insanely high damage of his Ice Dagger some builds need their AD (MD) to survive when they are not able to keep up their other defenses.
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    aiqa said:

Since the CDR nerf Frosticus' Ice Prisons are applied faster than the CD of AD's. With the insanely high damage of his Ice Dagger some builds need their AD (MD) to survive when they are not able to keep up their other defenses.

Really? you gonna blame the CDR? . . . Try bringing in some Support builds(:lol: gasp, Builds helping others, the horror, Seriously?! :lol:) and Que/Call for teamwork to focus fire on to free you from Ice Prison, not that hard...
    avianos said:

In matter of fact, let's report this as well

Forum Malvanum

2:30 is the Time Limit of each round after a certain Round, however the timer runs even DURING the cutsences instead of starting AFTER the cutsense

in the Fight with Duratok and Ironclad the timer is at 1:30 AFTER the cutsense end

This alert is BS, broken and flawed Design!

Don't you dare tell me that this alert is working as intented because a specific Troll DEV said so! ITS NOT​​

Fix/Pause the timer during cut-scene, Wave should be manageable without segregating all but the most extreme amounts of DPS teams.

Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
    edited October 2015
    rtma said:

aiqa said:

Really? you gonna blame the CDR? . . . Try bringing in some Support builds(:lol: gasp, Builds helping others, the horror, Seriously?! :lol:) and Que/Call for teamwork to focus fire on to free you from Ice Prison, not that hard...
    Unless you have a LR tank and you die from one undodged Ice Dagger.

And I can do without your attempt at cynicism, thank you. If I blamed the CDR nerf I would not be posting in a thread about alert issues.
    aiqa said:

And I can do without your attempt at cynicism, thank you. If I blamed the CDR nerf I would not be posting in a thread about alerts.

Excuse the assumption then but it does sound rather Cynical about helping yourself free from an otherwise 'Free your teammate or they perish' Mechanic, That's the thing, it's not the alerts fault, the alert was made so you don't just solo it, 1 or 2 support builds is all you would need in the match to help that situation (Along with a Frosticus Tank), heals and shields will help mitigate damage, if all else fails (Aside from team wipes), Revival powers. *Dazzle hands* Teamwork.

Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
    edited October 2015
    rtma said:

aiqa said:

And I can do without your attempt at cynicism, thank you. If I blamed the CDR nerf I would not be posting in a thread about alerts.

Excuse the assumption then but it does sound rather Cynical about helping yourself free from an otherwise 'Free your teammate or they perish' Mechanic, That's the thing, it's not the alerts fault, the alert was made so you don't just solo it, 1 or 2 support builds is all you would need in the match to help that situation (Along with a Frosticus Tank), heals and shields will help mitigate damage, if all else fails (Aside from team wipes), Revival powers. *Dazzle hands* Teamwork.
    Using an AD does not help you free yourself from those Ice Prisons, they help you survive the time it takes your team to get you out of those. If they fail to free you, you take 80k damage that you can not dodge and is not affected by resistance. There is nothing cynical about trying to avoid being killed in one hit by Ice Daggers while held with the ice prisons.

Just out of curiosity, have you ever used LR to tank Frosticus, or even did the F&I rampage at all?
    Post edited by aiqa on
    edited October 2015
    aiqa said:

Using an AD does not help you free yourself from those Ice Prisons, they help you survive the time it takes your team to get you out of those. If they fail to free you, you take 80k damage that you can not dodge and is not affected by resistance. There is nothing cynical about trying to avoid being killed in one hit.

Just out of curiosity, have you ever used LR to tank Frosticus, or even did the F&I rampage at all?

Ah, didn't think that was the right term, oh well, as for playing it yes I have played it, quite a few times, almost all PQ's, I've tried LR before, being at the Mercy of RNG Dodge wasn't fun(Happens alot in Gravitar), I don't have a LR Tank, just Hybrid's, have solo'ed Vikorin with one, as for the Ice Prison almost all the time I end up getting freed so AD doesn't come to mind unless Frosty want's the Shank. >.-.>

So what is your problem with the alert? higher chance being defeated? It happens.

rtma said:

So what is your problem with the alert? higher chance being defeated? It happens.

I think that was obvious? My issue is that every second Ice Prison can now leave a tank completely defenseless. The F&I alert was balanced for the stronger CDR we have had since on alert, so now that AD's have a longer cooldown in my opinion the Ice Prisons should match that.
    Bug: Finishing the Cybermind alert doesn't always give you credit for either the Vigilance mission or it's own daily. It took me four times before it actually registered.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    draogn said:

Bug: Finishing the Cybermind alert doesn't always give you credit for either the Vigilance mission or it's own daily. It took me four times before it actually registered.

Yeah...I ran Cybermind on my newest level 40 and got instant credit for it...but obviously this seems to be affecting some and not others..so I'll add it if it's not already there.

EDIT: It's already up there :smile:
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Cybermind can be bugged with the Experimental Blaster when he is turned into a Teddy, he then can get knocked which also knocks his digital rain out of place which also can make the fight unbeatable. Supervillains, Legendarys and Cosmics should be immune to such honestly, or atleast change the Blaster overall, turn the Teddy into a strong debuff. The Teddy chance on this ability is what keeps me from usign it on any build honestly, make it a advantage maybe.
    edited November 2015
    Cybermind can be bugged with the Experimental Blaster when he is turned into a Teddy, he then can get knocked which also knocks his digital rain out of place which also can make the fight unbeatable. Supervillains, Legendarys and Cosmics should be immune to such honestly, or atleast change the Blaster overall, turn the Teddy into a strong debuff. The Teddy chance on this ability is what keeps me from usign it on any build honestly, make it a advantage maybe.

They fixed Experiment Blaster, Teddyfication is NOT working on Bosses anymore

It can still Knock Down some bosses though, but its not Game Breaking anymore​​
    avianos said:

Oh ok was a few months ago where it happened, due saw no big fix about it i assumed it still is happening, thanks for telling.
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    avianos said:

When? Last I checked (which was less than a month ago) I could still teddify alert bosses...
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
    edited November 2015
    Oh ok was a few months ago where it happened, due saw no big fix about it i assumed it still is happening, thanks for telling.
    raighn wrote: »

When? Last I checked (which was less than a month ago) I could still teddify alert bosses...

Quoting from the PTS thread
    lordgar wrote: »
    This build will hit PTS this evening, 10/1/2014.
    Release Notes for FC.31.20140919.9:
    • Experimental Blaster can only Teddify NPCs who are Henchman or Villain rank. Players can still be affected.

No MOB with 3 HP bars should be effected

During the last Cybermind circle, I had been Tap-spamming Experimental Blaster on Cybermind for 15-20 Minutes and he NEVER turned into a Teddy (but he got knocked down a lot~)​​
    raighn said:

avianos said:

Hmm, interesting.

Strictly speaking this is what is currently affected by Teddification:

"Anything below Enforcer Rank and Players"

I havent been able to teddify RIPPER or any other boss since that patch hit.
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I was able to teddify Kevin Poe & Jack Fool when I played my Gadgeteer pistol toon last a little under a month ago... And over the past few months I've seen other players teddify Kevin Poe, Psimon, any Nemesis, & Black Talon... haven't seen it on any other bosses, so it might just be those 4 weren't fixed in the patch...

I'll get on her again this weekend when and see if I can get it to happen again and screenshot it.​​
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    I'm assuming Nighthawk bugs would go here since it uses some Alert mechanics. If not, mods please move it.
    -In the Objective section of the Who is...Nighthawk? mission given out from Defender, "defender" should be capitalized.
    -Sometimes the elevator will not activate in Franklin Stone's penthouse.
    -The music in the lobby of Franklin Stone's penthouse keeps going when you go upstairs for the cutscene and final fight. This causes two different music tracks to overlap.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
    edited November 2015
    A Become or mostly Vehicle bug, due it only occured on Vehicles so far on me and didn't use Becomes in Combat in along time so unsure on that. When you use it and deactivate it, your stats from your equipment sometimes get not counted so it is like wearing no equip at all. This fixes itself after one or two minutes or if you unequip and re-equip a gear but often happened to jump into a fight from my vehicle, due i only use it to travel, and happen to have less energy, less damge, etc., i did check my stats then and noticed this bug.

And there is another bug with Vehicles kinda, the Nighthawk ones, the ones from the Nighthawk mission seem to be able to brought out of that mission and beeing able to used outside that one, jsut saw one using it in the Warlord alert, where you can't usea Vehicle at all normaly. It had the buff on it you have on the in mission ones against stone.
    Post edited by ansemthedark on
    In the lobby of Franklin Stone's mansion, the start point is so small that in the event that your character dies, they may respawn in the middle of gunfire due to the location. Consider keeping the initial spawn in the same place but moving the respawn to one of the balconies.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    A Become or mostly Vehicle bug, due it only occured on Vehicles so far on me and didn't use Becomes in Combat in along time so unsure on that. When you use it and deactivate it, your stats from your equipment sometimes get not counted so it is like wearing no equip at all. This fixes itself after one or two minutes or if you unequip and re-equip a gear but often happened to jump into a fight from my vehicle, due i only use it to travel, and happen to have less energy, less damge, etc., i did check my stats then and noticed this bug.

And there is another bug with Vehicles kinda, the Nighthawk ones, the ones from the Nighthawk mission seem to be able to brought out of that mission and beeing able to used outside that one, jsut saw one using it in the Warlord alert, where you can't usea Vehicle at all normaly. It had the buff on it you have on the in mission ones against stone.
    someone answered that in the PTS thread when I posted a photo, if you can get into an alert while you still have the 15 minute timer, you can take the vehicle with you because they are designed to work in an alert.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    avianos said:

I don't know exactly how it was done but there seems to be a new way to completely bypass everything in the Hi-Pan custom alert. Today (10/3) at 1:12 pm server time two players looked to use a teleport device or something to trigger the cutscene and engage/defeat Hi-Pan while the rest of us were still making our way through the mobs.

Ascension (and least likely Vapor Form)

It's being reported multiply times, people are exploiting Ascension's Free Travel power :/​​

I wonder if reporting players who use this would do any good. It's clearly an exploit.

I don't know exactly how it was done but there seems to be a new way to completely bypass everything in the Hi-Pan custom alert. Today (10/3) at 1:12 pm server time two players looked to use a teleport device or something to trigger the cutscene and engage/defeat Hi-Pan while the rest of us were still making our way through the mobs.

It's being reported multiply times, people are exploiting Ascension's Free Travel power :/

I wonder if reporting players who use this would do any good. It's clearly an exploit.

I whould suggest a simple solution for this, put a Lockout around Hi Pan's area and change the Alert that you have to defeat all his minions first.​​

It's being reported multiply times, people are exploiting Ascension's Free Travel power :/

I whould suggest a simple solution for this, put a Lockout around Hi Pan's area and change the Alert that you have to defeat all his minions first.​​

This would probably work, or apply some kind of scarns bane/dispel effect to anyone trying to fly across.

On a side note due the forum changes the links at the top of the original post no longer work.
    edited December 2015
    I whould suggest a simple solution for this, put a Lockout around Hi Pan's area and change the Alert that you have to defeat all his minions first.

This would probably work, or apply some kind of scarns bane/dispel effect to anyone trying to fly across.

On a side note due the forum changes the links at the top of the original post no longer work.

That would work very well

I also would like to suggest to use the same mechanics from the Vibora Bay Crisis Map, which INSTANT kills your when you fall on the Map's Fissures, it deals an undodgeable Dimensional Damage

So if someone tries to use Ascenssion or Vapor Form Exploit, they get punished by instant Death
    Its logical thing with the Dragon around​​
    edited December 2015
    First encountered this today, was pretty weird, not entirely sure what caused it.

New Bug: Cybermind's Trap Issue

Cybermind's Wall Trap FAILED TO CAPTURE MY CHARACTER during the cutscene and locked me out from the rest of the team, whilst they were INSIDE the trap. When we tried to reset it by the team wiping, the trap tried to reset, showed the cutscene with my character inside the trap and then when I regained control, I was still locked out.

@kaiserin, @ladygadfly & @crypticarkayne

:worried:

If you DC and are able to log back in before the Cybermind alert ends you will spawn next to Silverback with no way of getting back into the alert.
    I'm not sure if this is a new bug or not but during the last Cybermind Alert a group I was just in had to contend, unsuccessfully, with both the squares and the multicolored bits (Stage 2) at the same time.
  • williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
    Some Gold-turned-Silver players (likely all of them who "meet the criteria") are unable to purchase Inventory Slots from the Zen Store. Best guess is that this problem is related to Veteran Rewards, specifically the free Inventory Slot at the 600-day mark. Perhaps the game checks for the last inventory slot, rather than how many the character has total. I'm not sure, as I can't see the code. :P But regardless, this is a big problem for players, and takes money out of Cryptic's pocket in the form of unpurchased Inventory Slots.
    Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
    Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
    Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
    Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!

Some Gold-turned-Silver players (likely all of them who "meet the criteria") are unable to purchase Inventory Slots from the Zen Store. Best guess is that this problem is related to Veteran Rewards, specifically the free Inventory Slot at the 600-day mark. Perhaps the game checks for the last inventory slot, rather than how many the character has total. I'm not sure, as I can't see the code. :P But regardless, this is a big problem for players, and takes money out of Cryptic's pocket in the form of unpurchased Inventory Slots.

What does this have to do with the Alerts? It would be better to open a new topic for this bug.
    The Black Harlequin alert will sometimes fail to give you credit, in addition if you do get credit while inside the alert leaving that alert might remove the mission credit.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    WARLORD- people are still able to leave the first room from the back away form the elevator.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Harmon Lab (Warlord Mission) is still easily exploitable. Once the first group of mobs are killed, and someone presses the Call Elevator button, it's still possible to zip through the wall to the final stage.

This stinks when you didn't realize you were on a speedrun team, and also is just crummy gameplay.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    So I just did Nemesis Bank heist 4 times in a row but couldn't complete a single run because it was bugged, same bug I reported earlier, not enough mobs appearing in front of the bank, and it was the left most not spawning. Every time it was the Thug mobs but before it was the mafia mobs.

The only other thing I can report is that I did a nemesis mission earlier today, and my nemesis has thug minions. I can't say if it was my nemesis, we didn't get inside the bank, but perhaps the nemesis minions aren't properly spawning because my nemesis mission was too closely completed. I know someone else I was playing with managed to get into a 5th mission with fire minions and that wasn't bugged. He faced a generic nemesis though.

Harmon Lab (Warlord Mission) is still easily exploitable. Once the first group of mobs are killed, and someone presses the Call Elevator button, it's still possible to zip through the wall to the final stage.

This stinks when you didn't realize you were on a speedrun team, and also is just crummy gameplay.

You know, Cryptic could wall off the sections leading upto Warlord, have it so you need to rescue the scientists in the area before it unlocks the next, play it thru then Zerg Rush.

guyhumual said:

So I just did Nemesis Bank heist 4 times in a row but couldn't complete a single run because it was bugged, same bug I reported earlier, not enough mobs appearing in front of the bank, and it was the left most not spawning. Every time it was the Thug mobs but before it was the mafia mobs.

The only other thing I can report is that I did a nemesis mission earlier today, and my nemesis has thug minions. I can't say if it was my nemesis, we didn't get inside the bank, but perhaps the nemesis minions aren't properly spawning because my nemesis mission was too closely completed. I know someone else I was playing with managed to get into a 5th mission with fire minions and that wasn't bugged. He faced a generic nemesis though.

And another four failed tries again today, but on the fifth try I got a different mobs and someone else's nemesis. This may be linked to the kind of mob.
    I had the missing spawn happen twice with Nemesis: Bank Robbery and it was the Thugs minions. I wonder if they're literally missing their Enforcer class since I've never seen them and the faction feels incorrect for their name. Thugs just looks like a grungier version of Mafia except for the melee minion but I wonder if they were supposed to be like the "Nighthawk?" thugs that start out as striped shirts and bandanas but escalate to a guy in a leather jacket at the Master Villain level. Separately:

Nemesis creation shows the minion and villain rank enemies but doesn't show you the Enforcer Rank.

-Sterga
    Okay, I had a new Cybermind bug today, I've never seen it before. What happened was we were starting stage two, destroy the probes, but for some reason they didn't spawn, and then Cybermind continued as if we'd already destroyed the probes. We were still busy looking for the probes and it resulted in a TPK. Perhaps it was a case of SOCRATES' warning starting early rather then the probes not spawning but either way the confusion whipped us out.

Also I had one run today where Cybermind failed to give credit.
    edited January 2016
    guyhumual wrote: »
    Okay, I had a new Cybermind bug today, I've never seen it before. What happened was we were starting stage two, destroy the probes, but for some reason they didn't spawn, and then Cybermind continued as if we'd already destroyed the probes. We were still busy looking for the probes and it resulted in a TPK. Perhaps it was a case of SOCRATES' warning starting early rather then the probes not spawning but either way the confusion whipped us out.

Also I had one run today where Cybermind failed to give credit.

Yesterday I have run cybermind with over 15 character and only 1 failed to get Credit (along with the whole team)

as for the Probes/Drones part, were we together during that alert because the SAME happened to me, the Drones were never summon​​
    Now there are other thing to focus on cybermind

1. The Bugged Firewalls who get Immune to Crowd Control
    2. The lockout system which players can abuse to lock out PUG members
    3. The colour puzzles and people who are Colourblind
    4. various other bugs which keep popping this alert​​
    edited March 2016
    avianos said:

Now there are other thing to focus on cybermind

3. The colour puzzles and people who are Colourblind

Not only that but some powers can completely cover the middle square and can kill melee just be denying the effect to counter, I've tested this (Unfortunately and Unintentionally so) while in the Alert as Gaia, quicksand and Fissure can block the square entirely, I worked around stepping onto the ground as the effect went thru the block (Not covering it) but Fissure's effect obstructs while in effect, one way to work around this is make a square on the roof that glows in sync and maybe a Letter R for Red, Y for Yellow, B for Blue?

Hello Raven, Friendly thread affinity here

I made a Thread deticated for Cybermind's Bugs/Glitches/Exploits/Issue, since this alert is falling apart per rotation! (also contains Quality of Life)

Feel free post anything Cybermind Related here as well
    ​​
    avianos said:

Hello Raven, Friendly thread affinity here

I made a Thread deticated for Cybermind's Bugs/Glitches/Exploits/Issue, since this alert is falling apart per rotation! (also contains Quality of Life)

Feel free post anything Cybermind Related here as well
    ​​

Thanks!

And yes, it is quite disturbing at how buggy Cybermind has become over the past rotations...it's almost like Fatal Err0r Arc is happening to him!

Maybe SOCRATES is hacking him...? :trollface:
  • rap9rap9 Posts: 40 Arc User
    Yeah it is pretty ironic that this mission, of all in the rotation, would have such trollish bugs - practically In-Character for Cybermind.

I wouldn't blame Socrates though - I'm sure she'd want the heroes that helped her out to get credit!
    Cybermind can still fail to give mission credit.
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    draogn said:

Cybermind can still fail to give mission credit.

I can vouch for this. Out of seven characters, one of my character fail to get a credit even though she didn't die nor disconnected from the alert.

And I want to add that there seem to be a HIGH amount of disconnection during the last phrase of the boss. It's pretty annoying that you couldn't join in the boss fight or get the reward just because you got DC during last part of the boss fight.
    Post edited by qawsada on
  • glortorglortor Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Bug: After completing Grab the money and run I received a pack of 10 primus tokens instead of silver champions.
    The character is level 40 and on my other characters I got silver.
  • glortorglortor Posts: 324 Arc User
    This bug also happens with the on-alert type of daily as well.