test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Arkham Knight confirmed GOTY

jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Off Topic
http://steamcommunity.com/app/208650/reviews/?browsefilter=toprated#scrollTop=0

Well not really it seems. On a serious note this is pretty shocking to me considering just how highly-acclaimed the previous Arkham games are. Kinda feel bad for those angry people having paid full season pass price for the preorder.

Comments

• championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    I dunno why it's a shocker. Of course they were going to have a GOTY edition. It was only a matter of time. Why I have not bought into, nor will I ever, into this pre-order mass hysteria. That way I can see what the general consensus of a game is first. Not to mention many games these days aren't worth the price tag they ask for.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    WB has some serious problems with hiring chimps to do the PC ports of their games its MKX all over again. Being on hols what I am hearing from Ginger is the PC port is the absolute worst he be saying the console version is boss though ( if you ignore FORCED CAR STEALTH! )
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I dunno why it's a shocker. Of course they were going to have a GOTY edition. It was only a matter of time. Why I have not bought into, nor will I ever, into this pre-order mass hysteria. That way I can see what the general consensus of a game is first. Not to mention many games these days aren't worth the price tag they ask for.

The reason I said I was shocked has nothing to do with a GOTY edition of the game. That wasn't what I was refering to when I said "GOTY".
    nepht wrote: »
    WB has some serious problems with hiring chimps to do the PC ports of their games its MKX all over again. Being on hols what I am hearing from Ginger is the PC port is the absolute worst he be saying the console version is boss though ( if you ignore FORCED CAR STEALTH! )

i7 CPU and GTX 980 GPU being part of the recommended system requirements for Ultra settings means a 60 fps with little to no hiccups should be expected, but the game is hard-locked at 30fps without editing an .ini file, and even doing so doesn't help with the fps slowdowns and stuttering.

This kind of crap is really inexcusable. I was interested in getting the game for PC since my setup is ideal of ultra settings instead of PS4 because I would expect better performance on the PC.
    edited June 2015
    jennymachx wrote: »

The reason I said I was shocked has nothing to do with a GOTY edition of the game. That wasn't what I was refering to when I said "GOTY".

I never said you were shocked. It's more of reference to people's reactions.

i7 CPU and GTX 980 GPU being part of the recommended system requirements for Ultra settings means a 60 fps with little to no hiccups should be expected, but the game is hard-locked at 30fps without editing an .ini file, and even doing so doesn't help with the fps slowdowns and stuttering.

This kind of crap is really inexcusable. I was interested in getting the game for PC since my setup is ideal of ultra settings instead of PS4 because I would expect better performance on the PC.

Because the developers think PC gamers are **** idiots. All it boils down to. And some are, after all you have chimps who keep thinking their 9800 GTX from nearly a decade ago should be good enough to run the latest Dx11 games and soon to be Dx12 games, especially on max settings. Often baffles me at that one, but anyways, I digress. This intentional downgrading and sabotaging to basically make consoles look better is getting inexcusable. Same **** being done that was done with Watch_d0gs, and Witcher 3 in fact.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Fascinating. Evidently editing my post breaks the swear filter so my cuss words don't get filtered through the second time. I had to re-edit it. Why did we need these forums again? If we were going to be ignored anyways, why not just keep the old forums, they were working fine for that. normal-2.gif
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • KagamiTheMagicalCatGerlKagamiTheMagicalCatGerl Posts: 357 Arc User
    GOTY always makes me thing of GOYA cheese.
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Champions needs to swipe this travel power
    Call it Carried Away Charge or maybe Sweep-Me-Off-My-Feet-Speed.
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    championshewolf falls for it:

Fascinating. Evidently editing my post breaks the swear filter so my cuss words don't get filtered through the second time. I had to re-edit it. Why did we need these forums again? If we were going to be ignored anyways, why not just keep the old forums, they were working fine for that. normal-2.gif

This is the second time I've seen someone say this. I hate to tell you, but those "swears" are still asterisked out. You're not talking about how it doesn't filter in the box you type in, are you? Because it still filters that when you post.

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
    championshewolf falls for it:

This is the second time I've seen someone say this. I hate to tell you, but those "swears" are still asterisked out. You're not talking about how it doesn't filter in the box you type in, are you? Because it still filters that when you post.

No, I am talking after I edit the post the post had my R rated swearing in place of asterisks. I re-editted it to put the asterisks in.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited June 2015
    testing some ****

Did it work?

Sort of. It showed it to me, but went to the asterisks when I reloaded the page. I'm suspecting it's just a cache thing and isn't showing it to anyone else.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
    They might have fixed it now, but the other day, it definitely was not working because I could see the swears as plain as day as I typed them. Since they are still messing with the back end code and keep changing certain functions.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited June 2015
    Well this game has seriously angered the most angry of Youtube DC fanbois.

Be yea warned he gets REALLY SWEARY no one under 15 should click this link @_@"

His face around the 3.35 mark is legend .

*edit* the word link is the link ...gad i hate this forum U__U
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    Gamer rants on YouTube is SOOOOO 2005. :p
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
    edited June 2015
    Oh wow, if it isn't the sellout fanboi who will talk and praise a game before its release then crap all over it after wards.

Yea I have no love loss for him and his army of MeTo's.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    My favorite part of this whole clusterbugger is how WB and Rocksteady keep reassuring everybody that they "take this very seriously". Well sure, now that it's blown up in your face so catastrophically, you've had to issue an almost unprecedented stop-sale order you take it seriously. Where was this seriousness when somebody (probably at Iron Galaxy) selected File | New Project in Unreal Editor?
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
    Arona played this game for like 12 hours straight yesterday, so it can't be that bad.
    Wow, for the first time, I can actually respect the Brit for not trying to be a glory hog and saying the right things.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Arona played this game for like 12 hours straight yesterday, so it can't be that bad.

First thing Mike also did when we got back from hols. He got his working after turning EVERYTHING down. With everything turned down it looks like Arkham City ...but its working fine now... but his machine is a beast so it shouldnt look like a 4 year old Ps3 game U__U"

First thing Mike also did when we got back from hols. He got his working after turning EVERYTHING down. With everything turned down it looks like Arkham City ...but its working fine now... but his machine is a beast so it shouldnt look like a 4 year old Ps3 game U__U"

Looks fine to me u3u

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAD7AMTSpqY

Also I was wrong, Arona didn't play it for 12 hours straight. She played it for 16 hours straight and beat the game in one sitting u3u
    edited June 2015
    It looks fine because it's the PS4 version, since there are PS button icons on the main menu in the video. The PS4 version isn't what's causing the crapstorm.

It looks fine because it's the PS4 version, since there are PS button icons on the main menu in the video. The PS4 version isn't what's causing the crapstorm.

Then you should have bought the PS4 version u3u

aff18d5837c719f62ac3a25a07aea1421b6c5228702122dcc1c8c44c54309df9.jpg

Where you born with this level of stupid or did you have to go to uni to learn it?

edited June 2015

So people who preordered the game somehow magically should have known that the PS4 version runs perfectly and they should have bought that version instead?

Before you reply "well they shouldn't preorder", I actually agree. However it still doesn't excuse WB / Rocksteady pushing out the game in such a terrible state. Players that meet the Ultra settings requirement of the game with their PC hardware should not have to deal with stuttering, unstable framerates and missing graphical settings when the PS4 with lower grade hardware runs the game flawlessly. In fact ultra settings should run even better and at 60 FPS.

Where you born with this level of stupid or did you have to go to uni to learn it?

How does where I was born factor into this?

So people who preordered the game somehow magically should have known that the PS4 version runs perfectly and they should have bought that version instead?

Yes. Only an idiot wouldn't have. For example, I knew the PS4 version would run perfectly and that the PC version would be trash, and I'm the smartest person any of you have ever met.
    edited June 2015

Before you reply "well they shouldn't preorder", I actually agree. However it still doesn't excuse WB / Rocksteady pushing out the game in such a terrible state. Players that meet the Ultra settings requirement of the game with their PC hardware should not have to deal with stuttering, unstable framerates and missing graphical settings when the PS4 with lower grade hardware runs the game flawlessly. In fact ultra settings should run even better and at 60 FPS.

Even the PS4 version doesn't run perfectly. It suffers from stuttering, htiches, graphical pops, frame rate loss and oh missing characters completely (just had a hilarious watch of Batman and Cash talking to an invisible Barbara Gordon) to. But compared to the PC version, this is immaculate.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS

hilarious-city-names-13.jpg

^______^

edited June 2015
    Yes. Only an idiot wouldn't have. For example, I knew the PS4 version would run perfectly and that the PC version would be trash, and I'm the smartest person any of you have ever met.

You are aware that there are Ultra settings system requirements for the PC version that the PS4 version doesn't have right? Those system requirements are a lot more powerful than what the PS4 has. So people are idiots for being misled?

Nevermind. Should have realized earlier that you just wanted to troll.
    Thing is yes the console owners are having a better time with it but PC owners are spending the same amount of hard earned cash and they should have product in the same working order.
    Thing is yes the console owners are having a better time with it but PC owners are spending the same amount of hard earned cash and they should have product in the same working order.

Even same working order is not really acceptable for anyone who has a 970 or 980GTX GPU. At the very least a consistent 60 FPS should be expected compared to the console version's 30 or so.
    First round of fixes happening. Seems things like the missing rain and ambient occlusion effects are fixed.

https://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support-for-PC/June-27-Update-on-PC-Version-of-Arkham-Knight/m-p/581700#U581700
    I was half expecting them to wait until Windows 10, and then tell people they have to upgrade to that.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS

^______^

I'm not france tho o3o I don't get it

You are aware that there are Ultra settings system requirements for the PC version that the PS4 version doesn't have right? Those system requirements are a lot more powerful than what the PS4 has. So people are idiots for being misled?

Nevermind. Should have realized earlier that you just wanted to troll.

Yes you should, Batman is stupid o3o
    edited June 2015
    Ive just came to the conclusion of if its a WB game and its half decent get the console version as they will utterly screw up the PC port :V
    Ive just came to the conclusion of if its a WB game and its half decent get the console version as they will utterly screw up the PC port :V

That much is true, though Rocksteady doesn't exactly have a rock solid PC port release history either. Mostly because they don't have similar QA practices for PC as they do consoles. One of their QA tests for consoles is that the game must run for three days solid without crashing. They never do a test like that for PC.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS

That much is true, though Rocksteady doesn't exactly have a rock solid PC port release history either. Mostly because they don't have similar QA practices for PC as they do consoles. One of their QA tests for consoles is that the game must run for three days solid without crashing. They never do a test like that for PC.

Thing is though Rocksteady was bought by WB. Though this is the last Arkham game they will be told to make another Batman game. They better get their crap together PC port wise >_>"

I'd rather be playing Batman games on PC as the mods tend to be great theres already a play as Jim Gordon mod on PC :V
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    I've allmost finished the game, story wise. On pc.
    I also like banging my pinkytoe to doorframes.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    edited June 2015
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    I've allmost finished the game, story wise. On pc.
    I also like banging my pinkytoe to doorframes.

I think it was obvious you are an masochist.

Speaking of which I watched the game play of Arkham Knight... and well, it's not a Batman game, since at least 80% of it if not more you are using the car in some stupid fashion to do everything. I was expecting the car to be useful, but I didn't expect it to be the keystone of the game that was used for everything, including boss battles.

[edit]

Why the hell is M-a-s-o-c-h-i-s-t censored?
    Post edited by championshewolf on
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Batman has a car. It is called the Batmobile.
    edited July 2015
    I caved and bought the PS4 version.

The batmobile is used frequently but not really 80% of the time. In fact there will be times where it's better to use grappling hook + glide over everything because it gets tiresome having to always slowdown into Battle Mode to take down tank drones when you're trying to get to your waypoint. Other than that it's always entertaining hearing thugs on comms crapping their pants when they see you in their car and try to run from you. There's still a variety of Batman things to do in between batmobile parts, like detective work and beating the holy hell out of thugs. The new Fear Takedown is satisfying as heck. It still feels very much like a Batman game overall.

I did come across a single instance of stuttering when using the afterburners on the batmobile though.
    I caved and bought the PS4 version.

The batmobile is used frequently but not really 80% of the time. In fact there will be times where it's better to use grappling hook + glide over everything because it gets tiresome having to always slowdown into Battle Mode to take down tank drones when you're trying to get to your waypoint. Other than that it's always entertaining hearing thugs on comms crapping their pants when they see you in their car and try to run from you. There's still a variety of Batman things to do in between batmobile parts, like detective work and beating the holy hell out of thugs. The new Fear Takedown is satisfying as heck. It still feels very much like a Batman game overall.

I did come across a single instance of stuttering when using the afterburners on the batmobile though.

What I like is the fact that during the game ( and this happens from the get go as the world is open from the start ) is that you at points in the game play as the following no DLC required.

Catwoman, Robin, Jim Gordon, Nightwing and Azrael.

The PC port is unforgivable but when the game works it delivers.