Some tweaks are needed

I understand that this is open beta, it looks great, the animations are smooth. However, camera and movement controls need some serious tweaking. It's little things like run toward a target, and the character is shooting backward over their shoulder because there's no way to turn it around. The camera being raised so high definitely needs adjusted, and the tutorial definitely needs help. "Go shoot the stocks" skips several minor details like how to select your weapon, process to choose ammo, how to aim, where/how to open the portcullis. Also edge scrolling is a nice feature, being locked on 1 perspective and having to send the character running somewhere else, pretty much ruins the point of going somewhere to aim.
Its a great start, I'll check back in a few months when y'all have had a chance to fix the issues.

Comments

• peterj04
    peterj04 Posts: 1 Arc User
    My thoughts exactly. I need WASD controls and some tab targeting. :)
  • calcaria
    calcaria Posts: 1
    You do not have WASD controls since those keys are needed for other features. Give the game some time and you will get over your hang-ups. Perhaps you do not appreciate this game has been played since 2012 and is regularly improved and supported well. I have played the game via Steam since Aug 2014 and I can honestly say it is great fun and well worth getting the hang of how to get about. Best wishes if you do.
    Calcaria
  • greyta3205
    greyta3205 Posts: 1
    edited May 2015
    maybe one day.
  • Really do need better camera angle, it is difficult to see where you need to go with the way it is right now.
  • gamerpvp001
    gamerpvp001 Posts: 2 Arc User
    This cannot be overlooked. This game has to change its controls or it will ultimately be a lesser game. Like many games on arc this will fall by the wayside unless it allows wasd controls. This should be a major priority. Somebody at arc games do not overlook this and you can have a smash hit, because the game really isn't that bad.
  • methodatx01a
    methodatx01a Posts: 8 Arc User
    Arc has no control over this nor does the US or EU/Polish combined servers. All game development is done at the russian server and mirrored to the other servers from there.
  • generalklang
    generalklang Posts: 1 Arc User
    > @herjustinius said:
    > I understand that this is open beta, it looks great, the animations are smooth. However, camera and movement controls need some serious tweaking. It's little things like run toward a target, and the character is shooting backward over their shoulder because there's no way to turn it around. The camera being raised so high definitely needs adjusted, and the tutorial definitely needs help. "Go shoot the stocks" skips several minor details like how to select your weapon, process to choose ammo, how to aim, where/how to open the portcullis. Also edge scrolling is a nice feature, being locked on 1 perspective and having to send the character running somewhere else, pretty much ruins the point of going somewhere to aim.
    > Its a great start, I'll check back in a few months when y'all have had a chance to fix the issues.

I kept trying to lay the camera angle down..which naturally failed..it's worse than guild wars, camera wise & movement wise.
  • lynxm
    lynxm Posts: 3 Arc User
    I agree with OP, the camera movement is disorienting.

I also find it frustrating that this is a beta but is completely cash driven. I only learned of this game via Arc yesterday. Which means Arc's promotion is the only reason I gave it a chance at all.

I bought the lifetime option for STO as soon as it became available. I would be interested in seeing that option for this game. But as much as I like this game, I think it needs to offer more than just a way for me to empty my wallet on a game that "has been played since 2012" and is still a beta game.

Before anyone decides to bash me for my opinion, consider that I own D3 and I pay WoW $14.99/mo already. STO offers me the ability to convert one currency for another. So the games I play are offering me far more than this one, no matter how much I like Royal Quest.

I would like to see this game suceed. Without feedback it will be left behind as if it were a facebook game. Thanks for allowing me to add my advice.
  • pskitten
    pskitten Posts: 3 Arc User
    I agree, I don't really like the camera movement of the game, but perhaps they'll fix it over time.
    Even though WASD are used for other commands, I wouldn't really mind moving those commands to another key for better movement, but eh, suppose I could get used to the point & click, just haven't really played a game which has done that in forever.
    The game is rather good, but there are some things that need to be fixed.
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 45 Arc User
    It's not a bad game. My two complaints are

1) The camera is terrible. Way too far overhead to be useful. You can't see what's ahead of you in the direction you're walking, which means you could run into large numbers of monsters.

2) Inventory space is far too restricted. Notably the "loot" tab. No point in monsters having all these drops if you can't pick them up. Expanding your inventory can only be done with Reales, which makes it a straight up moneygrab. Let's see, I could buy 9 Reales from other players for $15000+ per Reale to gain *one* slot. Or I could spend real money. But why should I invest in a game that's going to be gouging me from the beginning? You have to bait your players with more free-to-play content before you hook them for real money.
  • rrhand
    rrhand Posts: 4 Arc User
    The limits on camara movement is what made me give up on this game after only a few hours of play. It might be a great game, but I find the view limitations too annoying to ever find out. If they ever offer open view I would be more than happy to give it another try.
  • kaosistic
    kaosistic Posts: 1 Arc User
    Played for a few hours .. liked the game but the camera made the whole experience annoying until I got a raging headache ... not my cup of tea I guess... moving on. Thanks

Categories