What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Arc/Windows 10 Insider Build 14257

2»

Comments

• sylenthundersylenthunder Posts: 256 Community Moderator

nope​​
  • decembersilverdecembersilver Posts: 3 Arc User
    I just wanted to add my 2 cents as well as a Windows Insider, ARC does not work at all. Cannot reinstall or launch a prior install. This is the only application on my PC that currently does not work with Insider Builds.
  • sylenthundersylenthunder Posts: 256 Community Moderator

Still nope​​
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 6 Arc User
    Just upgraded to 14372. Still busted.
    op6on.png
    KWRussell // PRIMUS // Twitter // Spotify
  • kujiro68kujiro68 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Still no luck with 14379. But games still work through Steam. Hopefully they will fix the arc launcher before too long.
  • beast21gbeast21g Posts: 1 Arc User
    yeap still nothing!
  • archivoltarchivolt Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Windows 10 Official Public Anniversary Update and no dice... I don't think this will be fixed anytime soon (by MS).
  • decembersilverdecembersilver Posts: 3 Arc User
    Yeah, I am pretty sure this is not a MS issue. ARC is the only application I have not working in the final Windows 10 release. I wish PW would take a look and fix.
  • ashakageashakage Posts: 3 Arc User
    I am also in the same situation after the Windows 10 PAU...all other programs are fine, but Arc (and games attached to it, Neverwinter & Star Trek Online). The Arc launcher and updater will start in the background processes, but will stop for no reason and with no errors.

I am so sad.
  • h770h770 Posts: 3 Arc User
    today i downloaded the current build upgrade for windows 10 64 bit and now the arc client will not load (it would be listed in running apps though).
    i've even uninstalled it and redownloaded it and still it will not load.
    has anyone else had that issue with the current build?
  • blgoldenforceblgoldenforce Posts: 1 Arc User
    Oh, yes. Fortunately, Steam is my savior as I redownloaded STO and PWI through Steam. So as of right now, Arc is dead.
  • bignutterbignutter Posts: 12 Arc User
    Arc Launcher currently doesn't work, on Windows 10 64-bit with the Win 10 Anniversary Update installed.

All of other Programs that I test that I use still work as expected.
    kirksplat wrote: »
    When I shake my magic 8-ball and ask, "Will it be out of Beta," I get the answer of "Chances are unpredictable."
  • Yeah im having the same problem as well...
  • ashakageashakage Posts: 3 Arc User
    After the Windows 10 update, Arc became "non-functional".

For now I have uninstalled Arc and redownloaded the games (Neverwinter & STO) through Steam. I have had no issues playing the games now.
  • h770h770 Posts: 3 Arc User
    i've just downloaded steam, will i be able to resume my saved games of star trek online and neverwinter that i saved through arc or will i have to start all over??
    edited August 2016
    Yes unfortunately the non-steam PWI games are unplayable as of now (for updated Win10 users).
  • mwaldron99mwaldron99 Posts: 4 Arc User
    There was an update to Arc this morning that fixes it for Windows 10 Anniversary Edition. I had a Hyper-V Machine running the Windows 10 release build and noticed it this morning, moved the files over to my local machine and "VOILA" it works now.. Version should be 1.1.0.16191 at this time.

There was an update to Arc this morning that fixes it for Windows 10 Anniversary Edition. I had a Hyper-V Machine running the Windows 10 release build and noticed it this morning, moved the files over to my local machine and "VOILA" it works now.. Version should be 1.1.0.16191 at this time.

Can confirm! W10 is no longer a problem for ARC!
  • kurgan2001kurgan2001 Posts: 8 Arc User

They need to update the stub installer to check for an arc install and update it if you have it already. The stub install wouldn't even start on my machine. Had to go to a different machine, install arc, wait for it to update and then copy the folder from there to my regular machine.
2»