Install Arc

PWE Forums Enhancement Extension - Discussion and Requests

Comments

• sylenthundersylenthunder Posts: 256 Community Moderator
    edited October 2015
    asterelle wrote: »
    This new default forum skin breaks every theme now. HQ08h1o.png

It looks nice though.

Yeah, most of the formatting in Pro Red is borked. Really not liking the new format overall.

Edit, the really borked parts are part of Vanilla >.< Why is there a grey bar on the left side of posts?
    I really hate that I can't have forums with unread posts highlighted now.​​
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Posts: 345 Arc User
    I don't suppose anybody has a complete backup of the old CSS the site was using? Just to have a base to work from for restoring themes to working order a little quicker. ​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    Check my GitHub for details on STO forum themes: https://github.com/khamseen/PWEVan
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!</center>
  • ediraedira Posts: 32 Arc User
    I do hope this base theme change is across all game hubs (EU and NA), since FW DE forum has still the old base theme. I didn't check the other EU game forums but I guess it's the same for them. I fear they are doing their own thing for EU forums since they already implemented some small things like 'Agree', 'Not Agree' and 'Like' buttons. onion-49.gif

I mean, new stuff is not a bad thing per se but it will be probably difficult to find a theme that will work in both versions. Also, I like the STO Federation theme even if I don't play the game and I don't wanna switch. onion-41.gif
    ​​
    Forsaken World - Server: Dyos - Kindred Fire Mage
    edira wrote: »
    I do hope this base theme change is across all game hubs (EU and NA), since FW DE forum has still the old base theme. I didn't check the other EU game forums but I guess it's the same for them. I fear they are doing their own thing for EU forums since they already implemented some small things like 'Agree', 'Not Agree' and 'Like' buttons. onion-49.gif

I mean, new stuff is not a bad thing per se but it will be probably difficult to find a theme that will work in both versions. Also, I like the STO Federation theme even if I don't play the game and I don't wanna switch. onion-41.gif

That's something I didn't consider. The UK doesn't get a forum since we speak English so we just get the American fourms, for me the Fed theme is pretty broken now and I've just started making some edits. But if I push them out and the site you're using doesn't have the new base theme then it'll break it for you. Not good.
    ​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    Check my GitHub for details on STO forum themes: https://github.com/khamseen/PWEVan
    edited October 2015
    I've already asked in my forum if they will change the base theme too, i guess I have to wait and see what will happen. :smile:

Edit: Looks like EU was just a bit behind with the change. All good now. :blush:

*sits and waits patiently for the theme fixes*
    ​​
    Haha, well I guess at least we're all getting the new base theme and broken enhance themes. :)

I'm trying to work on some fixes, but it appears they are also working on edits to the new base theme. I was changing something and wondered why it wasn't working as I intended, then I disabled stylish and noticed they'd completely changed the bit I was in the process of fixing.
    ​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
  • asterelleasterelle Posts: 368 Arc User
    Just pushed out v1.4.0 which should fix the menus. Let me know if you see any new issues. I had to change around some of the colors too.

Ohh and I added these new emotes I found the latest CN client of PWI. hat-1.gifhat-44.gifhat-37.gif. I added it under FW emotes since I'm low on space in the PWI emotes. I'm not sure if they are any good but they were easy to export.
    ​​
    Just pushed out v1.4.0 which should fix the menus. Let me know if you see any new issues. I had to change around some of the colors too.

Ohh and I added these new emotes I found the latest CN client of PWI. hat-1.gifhat-44.gifhat-37.gif. I added it under FW emotes since I'm low on space in the PWI emotes. I'm not sure if they are any good but they were easy to export.

Nice. That helps a fair bit! :)

@eiledon will also need to update his post filter menu as it's options are now obscured too.
    ​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    Just noticed the enhance promoter titles are now grey instead of the yellowish they should be. ​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
  • heero200heero200 Posts: 4 Arc User
    DAM.. just got used to it with the extra...

Was going to suggest a new Feature but Ill leave it for now.​​
    - Comments To My Assistant At The Front Desk -
    - Working -

GOT AN IDEA POST IT HERE! Suggestion BOX!
    - PWI Suggestion Box - Covered By Heero200 -

edited October 2015
    I've just pushed out an update for the Fed theme. It's not perfect but it fixes most of the glaring issues. I've reverted the user details on posts to the left hand side as I'm not a fan of them being along the top, just adds more to scroll through. Some people with short names have their username displaying in line with their avatar though so I need to fix that.

Romulan and KDF will follow once I'm sure the Fed one is working ok. If anyone notices any issues, let me know.
    ​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Posts: 246 Arc User
    ugh :(
    i will update my theme tonight​​
    I've just pushed out an update for the Fed theme. It's not perfect but it fixes most of the glaring issues. I've reverted the user details on posts to the left hand side as I'm not a fan of them being along the top, just adds more to scroll through. Some people with short names have their username displaying in line with their avatar though so I need to fix that.

Romulan and KDF will follow once I'm sure the Fed one is working ok. If anyone notices any issues, let me know.

Avatar picture at the top left of the page is to big.
    forum.jpg

Also, the profile page needs some looking into. ^^​​
    edited October 2015
    edira wrote: »
    Avatar picture at the top left of the page is to big.
    forum.jpg

Also, the profile page needs some looking into. ^^

Ah woops, I'd noticed the avatar was a little larger but on the STO forums we have a news announcement up under that section so it wasn't overlapping anything there haha. I'll sort it out tomorrow because it's already 3AM and I know if I start I wont stop.

Oh wowsers, I hadn't looked at the profile page yet and yeah that place is erm... a mess... to say the least. hat-50.gif
    ​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
  • asterelleasterelle Posts: 368 Arc User
    Just noticed the enhance promoter titles are now grey instead of the yellowish they should be.
    Fixed in 1.4.0.1. Also the titles are now inline instead of block since block was stretching out the post headers in the default theme. I'm not sure if theme authors will be going back to the old headers or styling the new headers but can just do .enhance-title {display: block;} if you need the old layout.​​
    Fixed in 1.4.0.1. Also the titles are now inline instead of block since block was stretching out the post headers in the default theme. I'm not sure if theme authors will be going back to the old headers or styling the new headers but can just do .enhance-title {display: block;} if you need the old layout.

Awesome. I'll change them back to block for my theme because I've moved the user details back to the left hand side. :)
    ​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
  • arrmateysarrmateys Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    i wish they didn't remove the css code to tell if a thread was visited or not. before this change i had a setup where completely unread/new threads were marked differently than ones that were read, both with new and with no new posts versions, so i could easily tell which thread is completely new to me, and which i've already seen.

now i can't do that anymore, all i can tell is i visited a thread which then had new replies, but the rest, both unvisited and visited with no new replies looks identical.

edit: actually it looks like it's back. nevermind. lol.​​
    Post edited by arrmateys on
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • nrglgnrglg Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited October 2015

Mumble, mumble, mumble...I'm busy, stressed out, and then this happens...

On a positive note, it seems most themes and addons are still mostly compatible.

Current incompatible list...

• Global Fixes (sub forum lists are the only broken thing and they are really broken)
    • Better Posts 1 and 2
    • Compact
    • Game Logos (I don't think we even need this one anymore...)

Only seems to be these 4 from what I've seen.

Also, what's the deal with the bizzare looking stripes on the left-hand side? I'm removing it in my themes.​​

Fixed list...

• Global Fixes (should fix for everyone using the enhance in a few minutes)

Another edit...

I'm improving the fluid width addon to be responsive to the design.

Post edited by nrglg on

GAME FORUMS (Direct Link & Arc Frame)
    Hub | Arc | PWI | FW | NW | STO | SO | BLR | JD | BOI | CO | WOI
    Forum Enhancements and Visual Improvements
    (Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey and/or Stylish required)
    PWI vBulletin Forum Data Dumps and Backups
    Just pushed out more edits to the Fed theme.
    I've reverted the user bar at the top to the previous layout, lots of fixes to the profile pages and edit profile pages. Some other minor edits in there too.

Still more to do no doubt, lots of fonts have been changed and it'll take me a while to go through adjusting those but at least it's pretty much back to 'normal'. Again, let me know if you notice any issues.
    ​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    edited October 2015
    Looking good. Just a couple things that I have noticed so far.

The Flag, Block, Quote line sometimes is moved up in the middle of a post. Example here: http://forum.arcgames.com/arc/discussion/comment/12701147/#Comment_12701147

The next is probably specific to german FW page. We have some additions to the Flag, Block, Quote line like 'Zustimmen', 'Nicht Zustimmen', 'Like' and 'LoL'. Problem: These additions and Block are only visible if I mouseover the post. Example and test thread here: http://forum.arcgames.com/fwde/discussion/130532/testing#latest

A user has a separate profile page where they have a summary of the Likes they got. Since I haven't got any likes so far I just link the one of our CM as example. Also this is probably linked to this stuff too, but so far it's empty.
    ​​
    Ah yeah, the flag/quote area seems to be riding up for people who don't have signatures as a result of me moving the user details back to the left and having to set a 'min-height' on that area but not the other side. I'll take a look at that and see if I can find a way to get it to stay at the bottom even if the user doesn't have a signature.

Wish we had 'like' buttons on our version of the forums haha. They appear to only show on hover with the default theme too, I should be able to make them display all the time though. Not sure what is supposed to show up on the 'best content' page, but the other ones I can certainly add some things in for. Thank you for providing links to those pages as obviously there are no comparable pages on our version.
    ​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    Ok, I've pushed another update out.
    I've forced the flag/quote area to the bottom of posts. It seems mostly ok there, however it does have a slight issue when people have stupidly large signatures (like this one) which cause them to get a scroll bar. I'm not sure how I can get around that right now though. Sometimes I wish I had more screenshots of how it looked before so I could remember if it always did that haha.

Fixed the icons only showing on hover for your like buttons and added in bits for those profile pages, with the exception of the 'best content' page simply because it's hard to know what a page is supposed to look like when it's empty. :confused:

Thanks for the continued feedback though, there are always things I overlook. :)
    ​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    edited October 2015
    This looks even better now and if anything ever shows up on the best content page I'll report back here if it needs adjustment. Thanks. :blush:

Edit: Mhm somehow I can't click the Edit-Button with the STO theme enabled.
    ​​
    Woops. Fixed that now. Glad you like the changes, and yeah just let me know once that page gets something on it as we don't have that page on our forum so I'll likely forget to check it haha. ​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    edited October 2015

I've greatly improved the fluid width addon and have fixed some issues with global fixes. I recommend any themes be tested with the new fluid width changes.

Edit/Update: Pro Red has been updated for current layout. There are still various problems, especially in the profile area that I'll be addressing eventually.​​

Post edited by nrglg on

Just thinking out loud...

It would be nice to be able to change the fluid width %. Like, if it's currently 95%, I'd like to change it to 90%.

Something else I would really like is the ability to change the number of posts per page. I normally prefer a setting like 10 or 20, but for some modding, 50 or 100 would be nice as well. Forum default is 30 I think.​​
    Hmm? The fluid width addon is now made to be responsive to the browser size. In some situations it is 95% and others it is 85%. It depends on browser size. Also, if you want a different one, just make it and add it to the files.json as an addon.​​

nrglg wrote: »
    Hmm? The fluid width addon is now made to be responsive to the browser size. In some situations it is 95% and others it is 85%. It depends on browser size. Also, if you want a different one, just make it and add it to the files.json as an addon.

Ok, I must not be hitting the size barrier to get the 85%. 95% is fine on my home PC with the higher rez, but the sides are a bit cramped on my work PC, so I was thinking 90% would be nice.​​
    edited November 2015
    Looks like the SIZE tag is broken again >.< Or at least, it's not having any effect right now on the PWI forum.

EDIT: Size 1 works. size 3+ does not. 2 doesn't do anything because that's the normal font size of course.​​
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 201 Arc User
    my entire enhance has vanished. where's the download link again. greasemonkey is still connected.
    please bung it in my avatar area. .
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!