Arc Forums Maintenance: August 26

2»

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 256 Community Moderator
    Now perfectworld.vanillaforums.com simply redirects to the Arc Game list. GG PWE /sarcasm

They still haven't bothered to create a direct link to the "Arc" forums section, and there's still games listed under it to boot.​​
  • sylenthunder
    edited August 2015
    Current short list of the form "re-migration" failure.

1. Clicking a forum thread does not always add #latest to take you to the latest post. Sometimes when it's does add #latest, it still won't take you there.

2. There is no link to the Arc section from Arcgames.com, and many games forums are still listed in the Arc section.

3. The removal of the PM ability is a complete joke. Biggest forum troll ever. Looking at number 5 though, I'd be willing to bet that the Hub separation breaks the feature completely, and that's the real reason they turned it off.

4. The WYSIWYG editor is missing from the Arc hub. It's not fully functional in the other hubs even though it appears.

5. Notifications do not propagate across hubs. If you get a notification on the Arc hub, but are browsing the PWI hub, you will never see the notice until you go back to the Arc hub.

I'm trying to figure out how this latest "migration" is supposed to be an improvement, or how it will assist in bringing PWE closer to implementing things that the community has already implemented.​​
  • where2r1
    where2r1 Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Can someone tell me which STO Forum "Categories" listing is the correct one?

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q16/mlguiso/STO Shares/forum1.jpg

OR

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q16/mlguiso/STO Shares/Forum2.jpg

Because, I am assuming it is the first one, seeing they made such a fuss over "restructuring" the forums....that is the one that LOOKS like there are changes made to it.

Also, I would like to note that Google is slowly REPLACING any links going to the Vanilla forums with "Login - STO Forum - Perfect World" because that is the page their bots are being redirected to when they are re-checking links. I am not sure about the other search sites.

Also, KDF Shipyards and Federation Shipyard posts are completely missing....I did not look for Romulan Shipyards. NO these posts did NOT get combined into the faction discussion folder.

I was looking for a particular post about a Mogh build and a Mobius build yesterday. They are not showing up in a forum search.

One thread was called "Mobius DPS recommendations". Forgot what the Mogh one was titled. But both are not showing up in searches for keywords or in titles.

The problem may be that I am searching in the WRONG forum????
  • sylenthunder
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me which STO Forum "Categories" listing is the correct one?

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q16/mlguiso/STO Shares/forum1.jpg

OR

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q16/mlguiso/STO Shares/Forum2.jpg

Because, I am assuming it is the first one, seeing they made such a fuss over "restructuring" the forums....that is the one that LOOKS like there are changes made to it.

Also, I would like to note that Google is slowly REPLACING any links going to the Vanilla forums with "Login - STO Forum - Perfect World" because that is the page their bots are being redirected to when they are re-checking links. I am not sure about the other search sites.

Also, KDF Shipyards and Federation Shipyard posts are completely missing....I did not look for Romulan Shipyards. NO these posts did NOT get combined into the faction discussion folder.

I was looking for a particular post about a Mogh build and a Mobius build yesterday. They are not showing up in a forum search.

One thread was called "Mobius DPS recommendations". Forgot what the Mogh one was titled. But both are not showing up in searches for keywords or in titles.

The problem may be that I am searching in the WRONG forum????

I put all the links here..
    http://forum.arcgames.com/arc/discussion/comment/12700807/#Comment_12700807

There are sub-forums to the sub-forums, but I couldn't find those posts either.​​
  • where2r1
    Thank you Sylent!
  • where2r1
    Don't tell me: Bookmark Forum Thread function has changed, too? I have this forum up on two different computers and the bookmarked posts are different on both!!

On my Chromebook: I am in the ARC Forum Bug Reports folder from Chromium.
    On my Computer: I am in STO Forums from ARC window.

Have all the bookmarks been segregated into each "Hub". As in: I can not see bookmarks unless I am in that Hub? LOL!
    So, Neverwinter, ARC and STO bookmarks will only show up if I am in the correct place????

OK...bookmarks save them on BROWSER.....not on ARC or Vanilla Forum using the "star". OK.

When is Trendy coming back?
  • where2r1
    edited August 2015
    How does one get to the "ARC Vanilla Forum Bug Reports" section of the forum from the ARC window?
    By ARC window I mean: "social" section in the ARC program.

Now, it seems the ARC program is locked out of everything but the games???

+++++

I am, also, talking with a regular forum contributor (frtoaster), who informs me he can no longer sign in to the forums at all. This is very weird. Since he is communicating to me in messages via the ARC MAIL. So, he is actually signed into ARC.

Vanilla Forums is NOT signing him into their system, even if signed into ARC.
    I do not know how many other people are having this issue.

I remember having issues signing in when the migration first started. This was corrected in the last week or two. Now, it is back.

Another segment of the community is / could be having similar issues out there and trying to contact someone via customer services. But it should actually be noted here.

P.S. One hour to edit thing must go. We should be able to edit anything about our posts to update information as we go. As things are always changing.
  • sylenthunder
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Don't tell me: Bookmark Forum Thread function has changed, too? I have this forum up on two different computers and the bookmarked posts are different on both!!

On my Chromebook: I am in the ARC Forum Bug Reports folder from Chromium.
    On my Computer: I am in STO Forums from ARC window.

Have all the bookmarks been segregated into each "Hub". As in: I can not see bookmarks unless I am in that Hub? LOL!
    So, Neverwinter, ARC and STO bookmarks will only show up if I am in the correct place????

OK...bookmarks save them on BROWSER.....not on ARC or Vanilla Forum using the "star". OK.

When is Trendy coming back?
    Yes, the forums are completely separated. Notifications do not cross the different forums, with the one possible exception of the games that are still incorrectly listed under the Arc hub.

Overall, this has been a near-complete failure by PWE, and I'm not surprised no staff member has spoken up about what they are doing to fix it.​​
  • sylenthunder
    Well, they're still working on something. They've almost completely broken post quotes. It's also currently hit or miss as to whether your editing needs to be done in HTML or BBCode.

This reminds me of when we first broke the forum all over again.​​
  • eiledon
    eiledon Posts: 228 Arc User
    I have updated my Game Panel Add-On - instruction for this update can be found here: http://forum.arcgames.com/arc/discussion/1199954/pwe-game-panel-new-forum-add-on/p1#latest

Also I was amending my signature - it looks like you can now have individual signature (and indeed other profile settings) per game forum address - as I had to update my signation 5 times, one for each of the forums I now contribute too...​​
  • khamseenair
    khamseenair Posts: 345 Arc User
    Is it intentional that posts can no longer be edited at all on this hub? If not, then can we please get that reinstated as it's a real pain. ​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    Check my GitHub for details on STO forum themes: https://github.com/khamseen/PWEVan
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!</center>
  • ladycrane
    ladycrane Posts: 105 Community Moderator

Is it intentional that posts can no longer be edited at all on this hub? If not, then can we please get that reinstated as it's a real pain. ​​

Especially for us non-cool kids that still have forums here with Game Guides that cannot be completed or updated.

• sylenthunder
    Is it intentional that posts can no longer be edited at all on this hub? If not, then can we please get that reinstated as it's a real pain.
    Yeah, that is a major pain. On the other hubs they fixed it and removed the 1-hour limit. I see I have a WYSIWYG editor here again, so that is some small improvement.​​
  • rekurzion
    rekurzion Posts: 3 Arc User
    What happened to the forums? This is getting progressively worse with each iteration.

- search results from google and the like are ALL BROKEN!
    - mobile view is unformatted and unreadable
    - for some strange reason you site doesn't refresh properly (e.g., run a search in vanilla and you are presented with your results, click one of them then click back and you are presented with a complete random search list).
    - posts are way too long and there is no way now to go directly to the last post
    - ARC forums are incredibly difficult to locate

You have taken a fully functional component and rendered it a complete mess. What on earth was the thought process? How could anyone possibly look at this and think they did a job well done? The lack of time spent gather proper requirements is as radiant as a quasar. Very sloppy and uninformed implementation and decision making. Whoever ran this project needs a reality check, IT ain't for you.
  • sylenthunder
    As near as I can tell, they are still in the process of breaking it and this maintenance window is still open.

I agree entirely that whoever decided this was a good idea, sucks major donkey balls.​​
  • edira
    edira Posts: 32 Arc User
    Are they done yet? If so, they might want to check back at the Forsaken World Discussions and fix them to show announcements again. I'd rather have them displayed, as I don't like missing the interesting stuff...​​
    Forsaken World - Server: Dyos - Kindred Fire Mage

Categories