Maintenance 7/23 @ 3 pm PDT

wamelon
wamelon Posts: 28 Perfect World Employee
edited July 2015 in Announcements
Hello everyone,

ESO will be holding emergency maintenance tomorrow at 3 pm PDT, to fix the server times on all servers. This is expected to last for a few hours.

Ancestral Ruins: 3 pm @ 7/23 (PDT)
Fort Phoenix: 6 pm @ 7/23 (EDT)

We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you!
Post edited by wamelon on

Comments

• amachan10
    amachan10 Posts: 15 Arc User
    Thank you for remembering us after all this time! haha~ I feel relieved that we're not forgotten anymore for the time being.
    Wheres the different color font option on editing my signature?
  • ladycrane
    ladycrane Posts: 105 Community Moderator
    Thanks wamelon. I'm glad somebody got the message.
  • xzyzek
    xzyzek Posts: 27 Arc User
    Awesome, thank you! (:
  • nikolina21
    nikolina21 Posts: 62 Arc User
    Omg for real? O.o finally!
  • nikolina21
    We could also get some sale :3
  • nobodyyouknow
    nobodyyouknow Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    It's no inconvenience at all, would be good for the time to be right. I do wonder why it would take several hours to make a small change though.
  • ladycrane
    edited July 2015
    It's no inconvenience at all, would be good for the time to be right. I do wonder why it would take several hours to make a small change though.

Bringing down a server is actually quite a bit of work. The thing has been running non-stop for like the last 6months without a reboot. Services are slow to stop and start back up after a complete shutdown. There is also a window for issues - perhaps there is a reason the time keeps falling behind - and usually its standard practice to make sure the thing works offline before releasing the floodgate to the ravenous horde.

--- AND the SERVERS are down, start the Timer! xD

• sightes
    sightes Posts: 12 Arc User
    anything new ?or just Xc reboot and time update?
    Sightes.png
  • ladycrane
    edited July 2015
    It says just to fix the time. I think kdxy isn't really ahead of us anymore. So our only hope is cashshop sale.
  • nikolina21
    For now they are just fixing delay, but idk if they will give anything new. There isn't anything in news. But i hope that we will get something these days
  • sightes
    :'c sadly.....
    Sightes.png
  • nikolina21
    Meh i'm okay with just fixing delay for now, it's a good start. I don't have to stay 40 min more for tw or +6 event. Cause tw is at 3 am for me :S
    I hope we will get more doe :P
  • ladycrane
    I finally found someone I can talk to. I notified them about the time issues last week, perhaps this will be a first step in the ESO Community moving forward instead of backward.
  • nikolina21
    Yea i hope it will be that way ^^ this game will recieve more old and new players if it goes forward. :D
  • sightes
    maybe pw should be fuse both server and reinagurate the game , with banners ....and made new events , sales a resurrect this game ...still have lot for work and get money from this game , includes made custom zones or something ....
    Sightes.png
  • ladycrane
    edited July 2015
    That has been brought up many times. They have said it isn't possible. They have it set up strangely, where the 2 servers are really not connected in any way. You can be on both servers at the same time, on the same account, with characters by the same name.

Also, from my understanding, the actual GM mechanics side of ESO is nil. They can't even spawn monsters, let alone have a merge option =x

But I am all for doing whatever we can to try to revive the community.
  • ladycrane
    SERVERS UP!
  • wamelon
    wamelon Posts: 28 Perfect World Employee
    Servers are opening up now. Thanks!
  • ladycrane
    edited July 2015
    Haha, I stole your thunder wamelon xD

Thanks for keeping an eye on us <3
  • nikolina21
    edited July 2015
    It should be possible to merge both servers. After all GM can do anything. I saw that they merged servers in Aura Kingdom and they said if there were chars with same name one char who is higher lvl and that has been used longer will keep the name and other one will have to change it.
    I think it would be good to do that cause there would be more ppl.
This discussion has been closed.

Categories