SnowChild Posts: 17 Arc User
edited July 2015 in General Discussion
After reading rules for the ARC forums HERE

Let me quote from it:
You may not create posts which contain:
• Creation of petitions.

So in my other thread were you closed it, you said:
Petition threads are prohibited

Now tell me were is the petition in the tread?
A petition is a request to do something, most commonly addressed to a government official or public entity. Petitions to a deity are a form of prayer called supplication.In the colloquial sense, a petition is a document addressed to some official and signed by numerous individuals. A petition may be oral rather than written, and in this era may be transmitted via the Internet. [Source:Wikipedia]

Stop abusing your forum powers.

PETITION. An instrument of writing or printing containing a prayer from the person presenting it, called the petitioner, to the body or person to whom it is presented, for the redress of some wrong, or the grant of some favor, which the latter has the right to give.
2. By the constitution of the United States the right "to petition the government for a redress of grievances," is secured to the people. Amend. Art. 1.
3. Petitions are frequently presented to the courts in order to bring some matters before them. It is a general rule, in such cases, that an affidavit should be made that the facts therein contained are true as far as known to the petitioner, and that those facts which he states as knowing from others be believes to be true.

Seems to me that something that i am allowed to do by law you (ARC) is prohibiting and you are taking my right to do so?
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the United States the right to petition is guaranteed by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution.
SnowChild [Lvl. 40 - 35 Sorcerer / 5 Cleric]-[Full Rena set(+5) + Teneth Staff(+6)]-[Halloween Costume + full Obsidian's of Intelligence +2]
IcyRose [Lvl.40 Support Cleric]-[Full Rena set + Teneth Staff + Teneth One Hand Mace]
SnowDust [Lvl. 40 PVE Defender]-[Full Rena set + Teneth Sword]
MistySnow [ Lvl.40 PVE Berserker]-[Full Rena set + Teneth Great Sword]
QueenSnow [Lvl. 27 PVE Assassin]
Post edited by SnowChild on

Comments

• jacktehr1pp3r
    jacktehr1pp3r Posts: 28 Arc User
    SnowChild wrote: »
    After reading rules for the ARC forums HERE

Let me quote from it:
    You may not create posts which contain:
    • Creation of petitions.

So in my other thread were you closed it, you said:
    Petition threads are prohibited

Now tell me were is the petition in the tread?
    A petition is a request to do something, most commonly addressed to a government official or public entity. Petitions to a deity are a form of prayer called supplication.In the colloquial sense, a petition is a document addressed to some official and signed by numerous individuals. A petition may be oral rather than written, and in this era may be transmitted via the Internet. [Source:Wikipedia]

Stop abusing your forum powers.

PETITION. An instrument of writing or printing containing a prayer from the person presenting it, called the petitioner, to the body or person to whom it is presented, for the redress of some wrong, or the grant of some favor, which the latter has the right to give.
    2. By the constitution of the United States the right "to petition the government for a redress of grievances," is secured to the people. Amend. Art. 1.
    3. Petitions are frequently presented to the courts in order to bring some matters before them. It is a general rule, in such cases, that an affidavit should be made that the facts therein contained are true as far as known to the petitioner, and that those facts which he states as knowing from others be believes to be true.

Seems to me that something that i am allowed to do by law you (ARC) is prohibiting and you are taking my right to do so?

Well, basically the community rules and policies are there to muzzle people. They are a nice and diplomatic way of saying "We don't care about what you think and if you don't like it you are more than welcome to leave.". I got use to it already.
  • lewstelamon01
    lewstelamon01 Posts: 15,946 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    The Rules and Policies are the sole governing documentation of this forum, as they are considered the private property of Perfect World Entertainment; thus, "constitutional protections" such as free speech and freedom of petition do NOT apply. If it says in the R&P that petition threads are disallowed, then that's precisely what means--they are disallowed. This is a forum for discussions. Petition threads are not discussions in any definition of the term.

However, since you're reading the Rules and Policies, might I refer you to the section which states that creating threads and posts discussing administrative actions, such as thread moves and closures, is not permitted? In fact, I will do you the favor of posting it here:

PWE has the final say on all aspects of this community. If you have a problem, you may make a complaint to PWE directly through our support site, and not publicly on the website. Creating threads or posts that question or reference administrative decisions or potential administrative decisions, such as post removals and thread closures, is not permitted.

You don't get to cherry pick which rules you want to argue about, I'm afraid. We have a PM system in place if you have an issue or concern about moderation--please do make use of it should you wish to continue this discussion further.

Thread done.

ROLL TIDE ROLL
This discussion has been closed.

Categories