I am now an "Arc User" but I'd prefer my old title

So I logged in today to check up on the latest news over at Champions Online, where I used to have this really nifty "Vanguard" title I got for becoming a lifetime subscriber, but I see this notification saying I earned this title "Arc User" and it automatically changed my title. I've got nothing against Arc, I don't use it really, I have the Champion's auto updater to launch my game, and while I did once download Arc to try it out I didn't bother using after that first week. I don't currently use Arc to launch my games but I suppose I do use these forums so tecnically I guess I am an Arc user but I'd really like to have my old title back. Is there any way to do this?

Comments

• guyhumual
    guyhumual Posts: 687 Arc User
    I should note I had my old title all last week. It only seemed to change to "Arc User" today.
  • primar13
    primar13 Posts: 985 Arc User
    Give them Time... They are working on it.

Directive 010 - Purple Company Commander
    Twitter Junkie
    #ItsAllMarcosFault
  • daymond
    daymond Posts: 66 Arc User
    Yeah, I'd like my player-name back as well.
    Siggy_zpsfwkxyvk2.gif
    www.YouTube.com/Kniraven
  • guyhumual
    primar13 wrote: »
    Give them Time... They are working on it.
    I'm not rushing them or anything, but it was a problem that just happened today.

• lewstelamon01
    lewstelamon01 Posts: 15,946 Arc User
    Everyone is an ARC User, basically. Then there are those who have specific roles. I'm assuming that other titles are a cosmetic thing and prioritized as such.

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    I talked to an Admin last night - They're still digging into the tools, so give them some time to come back with a clear answer on the title situation.
  • guyhumual
    krittycat wrote: »
    I talked to an Admin last night - They're still digging into the tools, so give them some time to come back with a clear answer on the title situation.
    Fair enough, I bring up the question today because my title was changed today. Thanks for the response.
  • daveyny
    daveyny Posts: 4,787 Arc User
    Whew...
    I thought I had become a Welder over night...
    Don't even remember taking a class!
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    Star Trek Fan since Sept. 8th, 1966.
    Still a STO Veteran Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • ambisinisterr
    ambisinisterr Posts: 9,617 Community Moderator
    guyhumual wrote: »
    krittycat wrote: »
    Fair enough, I bring up the question today because my title was changed today. Thanks for the response.
    It was changed today to what will be the new default user title. Alternate titles will likely be granted in the future as the transition and features are completed.
  • speedystrek
    speedystrek Posts: 11 Arc User
    It was changed today to what will be the new default user title. Alternate titles will likely be granted in the future as the transition and features are completed.

Really? "Likely be granted in the future?? How about doing the job first and then launch a new forum?! It´s embarrassing how things get handled here. My regards to the team behind that.

7mf4rl12.png
  • guyhumual

Really? "Likely be granted in the future?? How about doing the job first and then launch a new forum?! It´s embarrassing how things get handled here. My regards to the team behind that.

I don't think that's entirely fair. We all like things to go off without a hitch but this is a pretty big job and so I'm more then willing to give them some leeway. If things are still messed up weeks from now then maybe start complaining.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator

There have actually been quite a few unforeseen issues that have had to be dealt with - PMs being lumped together, IPs showing up, various CSS and HTML exploits...

PWE is doing the best they can to get issues like those taken care of before they start further customization on the forums.
  • drakenfyre
    drakenfyre Posts: 6,879 Community Moderator

give them a break, like stated there are a few hiccups let them work on things at a decent pace. I'm sure they want to get the titles fixed, but there are other things that need to take a bigger priority right now
    Swordsman Moderator, Forsaken World Moderator, Jade Dynasty Moderator
    I do not have the staff on speed dial
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
  • rawynn
    rawynn Posts: 42 Arc User
    so, whats up with the "arc user" title? just wasnt expecting it... mouse-38.gif
    7GNOisE.gif?1
  • khamseenair
    khamseenair Posts: 345 Arc User
    Really hoping I can get my Career Officer title back. I've had that for over five years, I miss it.
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    Check my GitHub for details on STO forum themes: https://github.com/khamseen/PWEVan
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!</center>
  • ambisinisterr
    ambisinisterr Posts: 9,617 Community Moderator
    rawynn wrote: »
    so, whats up with the "arc user" title? just wasnt expecting it... mouse-38.gif

This is the default title now.
  • ghostmatter
    ghostmatter Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I'll be patient but these titltes were part of packages for multiple PWE/Cryptic games so we should have definitely have them back not too long away.
    Post edited by ghostmatter on

Categories