Neverwinter's Lower Depths not properly hidden from view when Neverwinter Category is hidden.

ovenusarmanio
ovenusarmanio Posts: 301 Community Moderator
Steps to Reproduce

1. Hide Neverwinter from the results returned in Discusssions/from your category page.
2. Press Discussions
3. ???
4. Notice that all other sub-categories of Neverwinter are hidden but you still get removed comments from lower depths

For reference I do have every category but PWI and Arc hidden so it may be related to that if the above steps do not work.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Comments

• ambisinisterr
    ambisinisterr Posts: 9,617 Community Moderator
    Thanks. I will let Andy know when I talk to him.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited June 2015
    monkey-40.gif
    edit: @ambisinisterr Actually, I can just tell him, just wanted a thread here for reference/So I'd remember.

• lewstelamon01
    lewstelamon01 Posts: 15,946 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It's supposed to be viewable by normal posters, as the original LD was. As I'd explained on the NW forums just after the migration, it was likely hidden during the migration because other PWE games have a similarly titled forum that is mod/admin only. However, there is nothing in the old Lower Depths subforum that would have ordinarily been removed from view, as that was where the posts deemed unconstructive or otherwise violating RoC, yet not to a degree requiring a warning, would have gone. If a post needed to be removed from view entirely, we had a mod/admin only sub-forum for such purposes.

The new LD is supposed to be viewable, but not able to be posted to. Those were the same permissions applied to the old Lower Depths.

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • ambisinisterr
    ambisinisterr Posts: 9,617 Community Moderator
    That's not the issue Lew. ;)

The issue is that she has Neverwinter Hidden and the Lower Depths posts still show when clicking "Discussions."

It would be akin to you seeing threads in Star Trek Online's General Discussion if you set it up to hide all of Star Trek Online's Forums.
  • lewstelamon01
    That's not the issue Lew. ;)

The issue is that she has Neverwinter Hidden and the Lower Depths posts still show when clicking "Discussions."

It would be akin to you seeing threads in Star Trek Online's General Discussion if you set it up to hide all of Star Trek Online's Forums.

Oh. My bad.

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • ovenusarmanio
    Also I'm a PWI mod. We had the same thing. The lower depths and Ze Hall of Shame. Dunno if yours was called something different. We should really all get to know each other in that introduce yourself PWE mod thread. jellyfish-1.gif

• primar13
    primar13 Posts: 985 Arc User
    Also I'm a PWI mod. We had the same thing. The lower depths and Ze Hall of Shame. Dunno if yours was called something different. We should really all get to know each other in that introduce yourself PWE mod thread. jellyfish-1.gif

There is an "Every Mod" Say HI thread around here somewhere... Think its in Suggestions

Directive 010 - Purple Company Commander
    Twitter Junkie
    #ItsAllMarcosFault
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    Yeah. That's the one she's talking about. She's posted there already too. bear-47.gif
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • lewstelamon01
    Yes, the gluttons for punishment moderators have all posted there ^^ .

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Categories