Coders and Scripters: Need your opinion.

Alright, so I've been poking around at the idea of creating some sort of dev tracker, possible a twitter account that tweets the username, handle, and title of the post like the former neverwinter one https://twitter.com/NW_DevTracker.

I was thinking, is it possible to create a script that periodically (once an hour, or something of the sort) checks a list of users that we specify (aka devs, such as @strumslinger @pwlaughingtrendy , etc), and tweets if they see that there is a new comment posted. If there is, it will tweet the information I specified above.

I'm still a noobie coder (only 16 years old, been coding for 4 years, know Java, JS, HTML5, Python, and VB.net), but I'm not really sure how I'd go about creating something like this.

Can anyone more experienced tell me how viable it is, and where I'd go about starting something like this?
dulopa4e1d9.png
XB1 Thaumaturge PVE CW Build || NW_Legit_Community Moderator || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator
Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T

Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker

Comments

Categories