13»

Comments

• primar13
    primar13 Posts: 985 Arc User
    linyive wrote: »
    primar13 wrote: »
    gulberat wrote: »
    Your full Notification's page should appear here: http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/profile/notifications

Afraid I'm clueless as to what linyive is seeing. My notifications page says, "You do not have any notifications yet," and the only time I've ever seen a Notification is when someone writes @ my name.

Sound like you have most of your Notifications Turned off. Try Turning them on, (Popup)

http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/profile/preferences

@linyive I think you are seeing notification for posts that have been removed.... Try Clearing your Cache/History and see if that clears it up...

I just figured it out. I was being notified about 'everything'. As a result of making posts in certain threads, I am being notified when someone posts. I was taking it personally. lol....

Yah... I had that enabled for all of one hour.... I have 5 Pages of Notification... :trollface:

Directive 010 - Purple Company Commander
    Twitter Junkie
    #ItsAllMarcosFault
  • linyive
    linyive Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I just figured it out. I was being notified about 'everything'. As a result of making posts in certain threads, I am being notified when someone posts. I was taking it personally. lol....

OK, so was everything you were being notified about that you found questionable linked to publicly-viewable posts?

I think that the posts were once public. All of them don't have links.

• gulberat
    gulberat Posts: 400 Arc User
    Yah... I had that enabled for all of one hour.... I have 5 Pages of Notification... :trollface:

I have had the majority of mine disabled almost since my arrival on the forum. Since I adjusted it pre-migration, I have not been hit by that kind of massive deluge. :D I should only be getting notifications if someone PM's me, directly mentions me with "@", or writes on my wall.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • linyive
    linyive Posts: 1,086 Arc User

OK, so was everything you were being notified about that you found questionable linked to publicly-viewable posts?

No. Many of the links associated with the notifications seemed to have been removed.
  • frtoaster
    frtoaster Posts: 2,566 Arc User
    Unfortunately, the messages in question are probably beyond saving. We will probably be deleting these older messages entirely, to preserve your privacy.
    Actually, I believe they did warn about it (22 June--Trailturtle)--and even before that, I proposed it (19 June--because I had a fairly good idea how this happened and suspected the messages would not be salvageable :( ).

Presumably, the data from the old forums is backed up somewhere. Why isn't it possible to reinsert the old messages, each as a separate discussion (or whatever the proper terminology is in Vanilla)?
    Also, I use a very-very private email system. If Cryptic is leaking my email accounts (and IP addresses), I will 'sue' for a breach of privacy and security. I know the best lawyers in my area.

First, Cryptic is likely not involved in the managing of these forums; they are probably operated solely by PWE and Vanilla Forums. Second, it depends on what you mean by "leak". Your email address is not publicly viewable on these forums, but it is shared with other companies. See the thread below.

http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1190911/pwe-shares-our-email-addresses-with-vanilla-forums-and-disqus
  • primar13
    edited June 2015

They were probably All posts from before the merger that he posted in...

Since it remembers and alerted him anytime a post was made in any of the 1000+ threads he had posted in... :lol:

I'm guessing threads that were hidden/moved would still have the notification but now the thread, and would give him the permission error he's seeing.

Twitter Junkie
    #ItsAllMarcosFault
  • khamseenair
    khamseenair Posts: 345 Arc User
    I really hope they change the notification system to only alert on the first new post in a thread you're participating in. Since we no longer have the ability to search for threads with new posts which we've posted in, the notification system is the only reliable way to keep track of threads. But it really does go overkill.
    SM7SAFf.jpg

<center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    Check my GitHub for details on STO forum themes: https://github.com/khamseen/PWEVan
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!</center>
  • primar13
    edited June 2015
    I really hope they change the notification system to only alert on the first new post in a thread you're participating in. Since we no longer have the ability to search for threads with new posts which we've posted in, the notification system is the only reliable way to keep track of threads. But it really does go overkill.
    SM7SAFf.jpg

Bookmark Them.... This will place the thread in the Bookmark UI. So you can get to it easily...
    You can always remove the thread later.

It WILL NOT Email you if you disable that in the notifications. :smile:

[EDIT] Typos

Twitter Junkie
    #ItsAllMarcosFault
  • khamseenair
    SM7SAFf.jpg

Bookmark Them.... This will place the thread in the Bookmark UI. So you can get to it easily...
    You can always remove the thread later.

It WILL NOT Email you if you disable that in the notifications. :smile:

[EDIT] Typos

LoL, I don't get emails even for the things I have told it to email me for, so I wouldn't worry about that setting.

I had tried out the bookmark option but didn't like it much because there wasn't a very obvious way of seeing new posts had been made. Though now that I have some nice background colours for thread listings I may give it another go until somebody gets their finger out and makes the notification system work the way most forums notifications work.
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    Check my GitHub for details on STO forum themes: https://github.com/khamseen/PWEVan
  • gulberat
    frtoaster wrote: »
    Second, it depends on what you mean by "leak". Your email address is not publicly viewable on these forums, but it is shared with other companies. See the thread below.

http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1190911/pwe-shares-our-email-addresses-with-vanilla-forums-and-disqus

To clarify, one of my email addresses DID get out in the original PM breach, because I had sent it to someone. Thankfully it was a throwaway account I don't have my name or any personal info associated with, but that did happen.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • frtoaster
    edited June 2015
    To clarify, one of my email addresses DID get out in the original PM breach, because I had sent it to someone. Thankfully it was a throwaway account I don't have my name or any personal info associated with, but that did happen.

Yes, some users shared email addresses through PMs viewable by others. IP addresses were also publicly viewable for about a day. Both those issues have been fixed. I'm more concerned about the issues that PWE hasn't even acknowledged yet.
  • yreodred
    yreodred Posts: 3,342 Arc User
    My inbox is full of thread posts too, some are not really nice ones.
    I just noticed that and i was pretty surprised when i assumed that some of that stuff was directed at me. lol.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    yreodred wrote: »
    My inbox is full of thread posts too, some are not really nice ones.
    I just noticed that and i was pretty surprised when i assumed that some of that stuff was directed at me. lol.

Your inbox still had old PMs? Or are you referring to before the purge?

Because all those messages are supposed to be gone now.

If they're not, please inform someone at PWE by either sending a support ticket or PMing @pwlaughingtrendy or @trailturtle .
  • pwlaughingtrendy
    pwlaughingtrendy Posts: 2,034 Cryptic Developer
    I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED.
    ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.
  • khamseenair
    I get the distinct impression that many people are confusing their notifications for their inbox.
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
  • krittycat
    I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED.
    ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Nice, good to know that there's an easy way to get one of you guys into a thread now. tiger-45.gif
  • revjimjones
    revjimjones Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I get the distinct impression that many people are confusing their notifications for their inbox.
    Yeah some of the ongoing PM discussions are still in notifications. While the messages have been deleted if you were on the list and someone is still using the chain you still get notification of the message sent even if it never shows in your inbox.
    Some of them make for amusing reading.
    EXH79YQ.gif
    stuffbydavid.com/textcolorizer
    Sarcasm Font and color[ font="Trebuchet MS"][ color=#FF61F4][ /color][ /font]
  • gulberat
    edited June 2015
    I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED.
    ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Oh my God, she's an Iconian. O_O (Imagine what she said in M'Tara's voice.)

• pwlaughingtrendy
    krittycat wrote: »
    I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED.
    ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Nice, good to know that there's an easy way to get one of you guys into a thread now. tiger-45.gif
    YOU MEDDLE IN FORCES YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, MORTAL.
  • khamseenair
    Yeah some of the ongoing PM discussions are still in notifications. While the messages have been deleted if you were on the list and someone is still using the chain you still get notification of the message sent even if it never shows in your inbox.

That's pretty random.
    I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED.
    ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

I went more to Reaper.
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
  • revjimjones
    revjimjones Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    That's pretty random.

Yes it is pretty random. Gives me something to do during Down time.
    EXH79YQ.gif
    stuffbydavid.com/textcolorizer
    Sarcasm Font and color[ font="Trebuchet MS"][ color=#FF61F4][ /color][ /font]
  • gulberat

That's pretty random.
    I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED.
    ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

I went more to Reaper.

Not necessarily that far apart. But there's a whole other thread for that where we are discussing "The Other." ;)

• pwlaughingtrendy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3h8ZnXLsRg

Currently it is related to notifications. I have contacted my appropriate agents.
  • krittycat
    krittycat wrote: »
    I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED.
    ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

YOU MEDDLE IN FORCES YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, MORTAL.

Pft, you don't know me very well, do you? I must have attained at least demigod status by now or something. tiger-3.gif
  • frtoaster
    edited July 2015
    Someone reported in another thread that this is still happening.

http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/12589923/#Comment_12589923
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Darn, I forgot, it's the 4th of July. Not really American myself, so I tend to forget. :) Thx for the reminder.

P.S. I did send a PM to Trendy as well. Seems I can read other's people's PMs sent to her too! LOL. This forum is sooo broken!

EDIT: Never mind. See the links below.

http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/12590314/#Comment_12590314
    http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/12590571/#Comment_12590571
    http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/12590686/#Comment_12590686
    Post edited by frtoaster on

Categories