Do you like what they offered you as a "Free" compensation

SnowChild
SnowChild Posts: 17 Arc User
edited June 2015 in General Discussion
<Blah blah, body required to move this to General Discussion>
SnowChild [Lvl. 40 - 35 Sorcerer / 5 Cleric]-[Full Rena set(+5) + Teneth Staff(+6)]-[Halloween Costume + full Obsidian's of Intelligence +2]
IcyRose [Lvl.40 Support Cleric]-[Full Rena set + Teneth Staff + Teneth One Hand Mace]
SnowDust [Lvl. 40 PVE Defender]-[Full Rena set + Teneth Sword]
MistySnow [ Lvl.40 PVE Berserker]-[Full Rena set + Teneth Great Sword]
QueenSnow [Lvl. 27 PVE Assassin]

Do you like what they offered you as a "Free" compensation 18 votes

Yes
38%
granaditacidjackmarkjames1staticaldreamsamaazulcatasauruslevitem 7 votes
No
61%
hydrahokcarlosheringerosakenghoststrife0davidjesuscjacktehr1pp3rkirikokun1SnowChildalluzx123kingmadocclinton1234567 11 votes
Post edited by lewstelamon01 on

Comments

• SnowChild
    edited June 2015
    No
    The "free" compensation are the 1 crystal cs items on sale for 1 more week.
    Do you like that they gave you a "free" compensation that obvious is not free?
    And now some trolls will come and will say why am i not happy since i can get a "free" costume and my reply to them would be >> STFU.
    Think more then just oh great i can get a costume for 1 crystal,think about the players that actually farmed to buy crystals to get the costume.
    And how many gold did cash shop players made by selling crystal at high prices this week,or how much gold will some that already had crystals will make a month or more from now when the swimsuit will be at original crystal price.

PS :
    The compensation should have been made with out any discrimination towards the players and you can see that clearly that there is a discrimination.
    SnowChild [Lvl. 40 - 35 Sorcerer / 5 Cleric]-[Full Rena set(+5) + Teneth Staff(+6)]-[Halloween Costume + full Obsidian's of Intelligence +2]
    IcyRose [Lvl.40 Support Cleric]-[Full Rena set + Teneth Staff + Teneth One Hand Mace]
  • justawitness
    justawitness Posts: 84 Arc User
    They have to sell more cash items. How do you sell more cash items? Cheap crystal items that require cash purhcases to be made.

Face piles of trials with smiles.
  • SnowChild
    edited June 2015
    No
    Yes exactly and to my self (and a normal thinking person) that is a discrimination.

You don't advertise something as "free" and when you are ready to cash-out you have a surprise that you must pay something.(you go to a supermarket and they advertise buy all items in store for 1$ a piece and when you are at the register they will tell you no not all items were 1$ just some but non the less we said it like that to get more customers.)

When something is to good to be true in 99,9% of the time it really is to good to be true.
  • jacktehr1pp3r
    jacktehr1pp3r Posts: 28 Arc User
    No
    You got to reason here a little. This game has already shutdown in 3 different countries, one of them being its home coutry. Right now, the only thing keeping this game up and running is that it's fulfilling PWE's expectations economically. Once that changes, you can simply kiss this game's ass goodbye. As harsh as it might be, right now the crucial players for the survival of Raiderz are the cash shoppers, the rest are basically the fifth wheel.

PS:
    I'm not a cash shopper myself.
  • ghoststrife0
    ghoststrife0 Posts: 11 Arc User
    No
    No cuz its not Free as was promised if they were gonna end up charging 1 crystal for it they should have sent 3 crystals to each player or acc to avoid this
  • ohmi
    ohmi Posts: 79 Perfect World Employee
    Trailturtle posted an update, but it's on the old forums and probably no one saw it. I'll repost it here:

Hey folks,

As you may have noticed, the Swimsuit and the dyes are not available for 0 crystals; they are available for 1. We were unable to sufficiently test it before it went live, and as a result, we're where we are.

When we pushed the marketplace update during the maintenance, we discovered that -- when an item is set to 0 crystals -- it doesn't show up in the crystal shop UI. Instead, it disappears from the marketplace entirely. Since we were in the middle of the maintenance and needed to come to a quick resolution, we decided to set them to one crystal each.

We're now experimenting with other things, hoping we can still make them free. We're trying setting them up in the ZEN portion of the store, then discounting them to 0 ZEN each; perhaps that'll work.

We'll keep you all updated. For now, the three gift items are 1 crystal each, which isn't bad, but we're hoping to get better. Thanks everyone for your patience, and for what it's worth, I really am sorry that this is another bump in the road. I'd very much like this to be over and done.

-TrailTurtle
    GM Ohmi says: "Send us a ticket!"
    https://support.arcgames.com
    Ohmis Banhammer
  • SnowChild
    No
    No cuz its not Free as was promised if they were gonna end up charging 1 crystal for it they should have sent 3 crystals to each player or acc to avoid this
    Exactly.
    ohmi wrote: »
    Trailturtle posted an update, but it's on the old forums and probably no one saw it. I'll repost it here:

Hey folks,

As you may have noticed, the Swimsuit and the dyes are not available for 0 crystals; they are available for 1. We were unable to sufficiently test it before it went live, and as a result, we're where we are.

When we pushed the marketplace update during the maintenance, we discovered that -- when an item is set to 0 crystals -- it doesn't show up in the crystal shop UI. Instead, it disappears from the marketplace entirely. Since we were in the middle of the maintenance and needed to come to a quick resolution, we decided to set them to one crystal each.

We're now experimenting with other things, hoping we can still make them free. We're trying setting them up in the ZEN portion of the store, then discounting them to 0 ZEN each; perhaps that'll work.

We'll keep you all updated. For now, the three gift items are 1 crystal each, which isn't bad, but we're hoping to get better. Thanks everyone for your patience, and for what it's worth, I really am sorry that this is another bump in the road. I'd very much like this to be over and done.

-TrailTurtle

So they tried and decided to make them 1 crystal and see if another trick will do the job.

You don't say you will do something if that goal is not doable.Why say we will make the price of those items 0 crystal since they never tried it b4 and don't know the outcome?
    If they saw they can't make the price 0 and just 1 why not mail 3 crystals to each player?
  • clinton1234567
    clinton1234567 Posts: 1 Arc User
    No
    They went on low sells.
    How do they get back selling and stealing our money? Easy, put cash shop items cheap, 1 crystal, crystal can't be farmed, so you have to buy zen to get crystal, or be rich and buy from broker, if rich people didn't buy it all already.
    If your rewarding players for playing your game you do it free, not promise it's a free giveaway then charge everyone crystals to buy them.
    That's just lame, like SnowChild in here said, give us 3 crystals at least so people who don't have gold to spend for crystals will be able to get it, i also feel sorry for those who spent 190 crystals to get it.
    Your losing all of your players MAIT, wake up.
  • justawitness
    justawitness Posts: 84 Arc User
    Your losing all of your players MAIT, wake up.

This was PWE's choice. MAIET doesn't even develop raiderz anymore.

Face piles of trials with smiles.
  • granadita
    granadita Posts: 11 Arc User
    Yes
    I haven't played in a few months so I don't know why would they have to compensate us.

A full costume for 1 crystal seems pretty fair to me, crystals can be obtained by cash users and free users, you just have to spend your GP wisely. As an example, the day after any update which includes new items the price of these will be exortionate, like when they launched the legendary earrings and gemstones, the price of those was 5 to 10 times higher than nowadays.
    What to do in these cases? Farm those brand new items and sell them during the first week after the launch, this way you'll make profit, then wait a few months and buy the same items you sold but a lot cheaper, success!
    What if you want to be the #1 to have that super fancy new armor piece? Then go for it, but don't complain when you realize you spent all your savings on just 1/4 of the materials you'll need to craft it, fail.

You mention the people who spent 190 crystals on that same costume which is now on sale just for 1, but you don't seem to remember when back in 2012 that costume was just obtainable from lucky boxes, and the same goes to the Halloween costume which you can now buy for a certain amount of ZEN instead of having to try your luck on buying lucky boxes, and believe me, you would rather buy it for 1800ZEN or 190 crystals than wasting a lot more on lucky boxes.

I don't know for how long has been the swimsuit costume on sale for 1 crystal, but yesterday I was able to buy some crystals for under 10GP each, and I don't know either for how much some people had to buy theirs, but I'm sure they would've saved some GP if they were a little patient.
  • ghoststrife0
    edited June 2015
    No
    granadita wrote: »
    I haven't played in a few months so I don't know why would they have to compensate us.

A full costume for 1 crystal seems pretty fair to me, crystals can be obtained by cash users and free users, you just have to spend your GP wisely. As an example, the day after any update which includes new items the price of these will be exortionate, like when they launched the legendary earrings and gemstones, the price of those was 5 to 10 times higher than nowadays.
    What to do in these cases? Farm those brand new items and sell them during the first week after the launch, this way you'll make profit, then wait a few months and buy the same items you sold but a lot cheaper, success!
    What if you want to be the #1 to have that super fancy new armor piece? Then go for it, but don't complain when you realize you spent all your savings on just 1/4 of the materials you'll need to craft it, fail.

You mention the people who spent 190 crystals on that same costume which is now on sale just for 1, but you don't seem to remember when back in 2012 that costume was just obtainable from lucky boxes, and the same goes to the Halloween costume which you can now buy for a certain amount of ZEN instead of having to try your luck on buying lucky boxes, and believe me, you would rather buy it for 1800ZEN or 190 crystals than wasting a lot more on lucky boxes.

I don't know for how long has been the swimsuit costume on sale for 1 crystal, but yesterday I was able to buy some crystals for under 10GP each, and I don't know either for how much some people had to buy theirs, but I'm sure they would've saved some GP if they were a little patient.

The server was down for nearly a week there better be some damn compensation as for the people who farmed for their crystals those people are just whining cuz the chosen compensation isnt what THEY want and think they deserve something different just because of how they spent their own time. The reason i dislike the compensation is because it was supposed to be "free" but its not its set at 1 crystal now that isnt bad either but they should have givin players 3 free crystals to get said compensation or just waited until they figured out how to actually implement it rather than just throwing it in while the forums were being migrated so no new info could be read or givin.

Post edited by ghoststrife0 on
  • SnowChild
    edited June 2015
    No
    Yes if they would have mailed each char 3 Crystals then i would say nothing against it.

And some people (most of them) will buy tons when crystals are cheap and resell the swimsuit or dyes for a lot more that they have invested in it to begin with.

• granadita
    granadita Posts: 11 Arc User
    Yes
    Sending 3 crystals to each player isn't fair either, as some people may have more than one account and various characters on each, and it would be a tedious process too.

If they had decided to wait until they figured out how to do it then people would complain about them taking so long, I think their choice was much better than what you guys propose.

And yeah, of course people will buy crystals for a cheap price and then resell the costume for a lot more, that's how market works.
  • ghoststrife0
    edited June 2015
    No
    They could have easily made the item bound during the time and sent 3 per acc and yea people will complain cuz people will always find something to complain about except for the fact that for this game the people have a reason to complain
  • hinahanghilow
    hinahanghilow Posts: 16 Arc User
    yes .. its a no
    You Can't Say Bubbles in an Angry Manner..

Server : Crawler
    IGN: PHanOpoBiC [Sin] lvl ; 40

Categories