How to hide the main forum categories.

Options
I have used the gearbox to hide several sub-forums that have no interest to me (a good test for such) ....
The forums for me are : Russian Forum , Forums francophones & Deutsches Forum .

However, i still SEE the main categories (french/russian) , how can those be removed from displaying ??

Best Answer

Answers

• eiledon
    eiledon Posts: 228 Arc User
    Options
    if you really must hide those headings, use stylish browser plugin to inject the following CSS changes.
    .Category-russian-forum {display:none;}
    .Category-fr {display:none;}
    .Category-de {display:none;}
  • khamseenair
    khamseenair Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    From what I can tell, the 'hide' functions means that if you select the 'discussions' button at the top of the page you wont see anything from those boards. It doesn't actually hide the boards from view.

I've hidden all but the STO, NW, and Arc boards so now when I browse 'discussions' it's only threads from those three that show up for me.
    Post edited by khamseenair on
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    Check my GitHub for details on STO forum themes: https://github.com/khamseen/PWEVan
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!</center>
  • arrmateys
    arrmateys Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    you used to be able to change the view between all boards and personal boards and un-hide it from there, but it was removed a few days ago during the migration. who knows why.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • jivedutch
    jivedutch Posts: 315 Arc User
    Options
    Choose Primar's replay as an answer , since it does not seem to "formally" be possible to do this currently.
    Hacking in person/custom css codes with plugins probly works, but is not "user friendly" ...

Guess thats another feature to add here (or return/reactivate.. depending on view)....
  • arrmateys
    arrmateys Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    you can also use adblock plus to hide categories if you have it installed.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.

Categories