Macro's List of Suggestions.

primar13
primar13 Posts: 985 Arc User
Trendy I love all the work you have done and am very grateful for all the work you and the team are continuing to do.
I'm someone who prefers to see a long list of suggestions all at once, that I can work on at me leisure, so that is what I am gonna try and do here :)

I'm going to give an ongoing list of updates I would like to see... be nice to me.

Also Remember if Anything Breaks.... #ItsAllMarcosFault

This was up before the Forums Suggestion Section returned... Move if you must. :smile:

1. General Stuff
    • Unread Thread Button
    • Twitter Connect would be Nice
    • PM Subjects, would be nice!
  2. Profiles/Walls
    • Friends/Foes!
      • Don't know how possible this is, but on our forums we can designate friends and foes, which put them in a short list for sending pms, so we don't have to search for the name..
      • Example:
        V3OIyig.png
  3. Categories and Category View Page-
    • On the Main Category Page we had the option to choose between seeing all Categories and "Subscribed" categories, this is gone now and we need it back.
      • Right now I cannot Access forums I have hidden. Without a Workaround, that has to then be disabled after use. Its a long proccess.
    • When I view the Star Trek Online Forums, and it include 5 Main Category Headers, I would like a List of all the Sub-forums and the Post counts and so forth, I am not a fan of have to go 3 Category folders Deep before getting to the bug section.
      • Not sure how doable this is, but it is something i would like to see if possible. Like the way they used to look once in the STO section, Just layout wise.
  4. Discussion Page
    • Most Recent, links to the Correct page, but to the top of the page, we that have to hit "End" or Scroll
  5. Thread View
    • We need the "Page Change Menu" Shown at the top and Bottom of the Page
  6. Posting Page
    • I would like to have a "Color Wheel" or Color Picker with all the available colors in a dropdown if possible.
      • Example:
        sHAdTjq.png

Pipe Dream Suggestions:
  • Tapatalk Plugin
    • Tapatalk is a 3rd Party Mobile Application that is used by many STO Fleets as a way to better view forums.
    • It provides an easy to use interface for browsing and Modding forums on your mobile devices.
    • It is also free to use for both the forum owner and forum user.
    • https://tapatalk.com/

Directive 010 - Purple Company Commander
Twitter Junkie
#ItsAllMarcosFault
Post edited by primar13 on

Comments

• mustrumridcully0
    mustrumridcully0 Posts: 5,697 Arc User
    Features I want to have:
    1)
    Page Navigation should also be found at the bottom of a page, especially in threads. People read from top to bottom and then want to go to the next page.

2) Dev Tracker

3) More visible borders around individual posts and quotes.

4) Would be nice if the forums were more responsive, e.g. actually use the available space on my monitor.
  • eiledon
    eiledon Posts: 228 Arc User
    Page navigation is at the bottom of discussion pages - but for some bizarre reason it is set to display:none.

if you have greasemonkey the following will remedy that until they pull their finger out.
    eiledon wrote: »
    // ==UserScript==
    // @name VanillaStuff
    // @namespace Eiledon
    // @include */discussion/*
    // ==/UserScript==

document.getElementById("PagerAfter").style.display = "inline-block";
  • nrglg
    nrglg Posts: 347 Arc User
    @eiledon CSS injection I made many hours ago also solves the problem and many other visual issues: http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/12557727#Comment_12557727

GAME FORUMS (Direct Link & Arc Frame)
    Hub | Arc | PWI | FW | NW | STO | SO | BLR | JD | BOI | CO | WOI
    Forum Enhancements and Visual Improvements
    (Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey and/or Stylish required)
    PWI vBulletin Forum Data Dumps and Backups
  • tfcz
    tfcz Posts: 20
    Mainly I would like a few changes to the text formatting. The current combination of text- and background-colors makes it aduous to read and causes headaches. I am not being melodramatic here; it literally causes me headaches.

Also links really should not look like regular text. The way it is now, it is impossible to spot a link within continuous text. To prove this I have hidden a link in this post.
    This is a new account I had to create, because the old one does not work with the new forums. :/
  • tenzian
    tenzian Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    1. General Stuff
      • Unread Thread Button
      From what I've found from tinkering:

Under your avatar at the top, click "categories" then over each category and you get a gear icon on the right. This can be used to hide categories you don't want to see.

Once done, the "Discussions" link under your avatar should be showing you threads with recent activity - like the "today's post" link used to.

At least, this is how I think it's working.

#newforumpanic
    2. khamseenair
      khamseenair Posts: 345 Arc User
      My suggestion, for what it's worth, go back to individual forums for each game. Child boards are not user friendly for forums of this size. Navigation is horrible.
      <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
      Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
      True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
      Check my GitHub for details on STO forum themes: https://github.com/khamseen/PWEVan
      Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!</center>
    3. krittycat
      krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
      For what it's worth, they're still trying to work out issues with Vanilla. Apparently they have some major issues they want to work on, but are unable to wrangle the Vanilla devs for long enough to get them completely taken care of. That's why you keep seeing little things getting done each time something new happens - not a lot is coming in at a time.

I figure that we're likely to see this forum change quite a bit before it's considered "finished"...
    4. khamseenair
      khamseenair Posts: 345 Arc User
      krittycat wrote: »
      For what it's worth, they're still trying to work out issues with Vanilla. Apparently they have some major issues they want to work on, but are unable to wrangle the Vanilla devs for long enough to get them completely taken care of. That's why you keep seeing little things getting done each time something new happens - not a lot is coming in at a time.

I figure that we're likely to see this forum change quite a bit before it's considered "finished"...

Maybe it's just me, but generally when I'm planning something like this with a major transfer to a new forum system, I plan it all out, test it thoroughly, and do all necessary tweaks to style sheets, plugins, php edits, etc... before the forums actually go live and people need to use them.

I hope for all our sakes that they are indeed planning big changes as you say. Because as it stands, we've gone from a buggy but functional forum with easy navigation to a buggy, horrendously organised, child board hidden content, drab looking, grey nightmare. jayne_cobb.gif
      <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
      Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
      True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
      Check my GitHub for details on STO forum themes: https://github.com/khamseen/PWEVan
      Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!</center>
    5. nrglg
      nrglg Posts: 347 Arc User
      tfcz wrote: »
      Mainly I would like a few changes to the text formatting. The current combination of text- and background-colors makes it aduous to read and causes headaches. I am not being melodramatic here; it literally causes me headaches.

Also links really should not look like regular text. The way it is now, it is impossible to spot a link within continuous text. To prove this I have hidden a link in this post.

@tfcz This was a very valid complaint in my opinion. I've updated my CSS injection so that links are now quite obvious.

GAME FORUMS (Direct Link & Arc Frame)
      Forum Enhancements and Visual Improvements
      (Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey and/or Stylish required)
      PWI vBulletin Forum Data Dumps and Backups
    6. krittycat
      krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
      krittycat wrote: »

Maybe it's just me, but generally when I'm planning something like this with a major transfer to a new forum system, I plan it all out, test it thoroughly, and do all necessary tweaks to style sheets, plugins, php edits, etc... before the forums actually go live and people need to use them.

I hope for all our sakes that they are indeed planning big changes as you say. Because as it stands, we've gone from a buggy but functional forum with easy navigation to a buggy, horrendously organised, child board hidden content, drab looking, grey nightmare. jayne_cobb.gif

Some of the issues aren't something PWE could have prevented or predicted... And Vanilla is apparently making it difficult for them to correct those issues, so PWE is doing the best they can with their somewhat limited knowledge of this new forum software.
    7. primar13
      Hello Everyone.

I created this thread so that I could provide a list of suggestions that I wanted to see.

If you are going to add additional ideas to my list thats fine.

Please do not come into my thread and Gripe about the "_______ State of the forums"

Please go to one of the many other threads for that.

Thanks

Twitter Junkie
      #ItsAllMarcosFault
    8. primar13
      Updated with Info.

Twitter Junkie
      #ItsAllMarcosFault
    9. AdmiralThrax
      AdmiralThrax Posts: 26 Arc User
      primar13 wrote: »
      Trendy I love all the work you have done and am very grateful for all the work you and the team are continuing to do.
      I'm someone who prefers to see a long list of suggestions all at once, that I can work on at me leisure, so that is what I am gonna try and do here :)

I'm going to give an ongoing list of updates I would like to see... be nice to me.

Also Remember if Anything Breaks.... #ItsAllMarcosFault

This was up before the Forums Suggestion Section returned... Move if you must. :smile:

1. General Stuff
        • Unread Thread Button
        • Twitter Connect would be Nice
        • PM Subjects, would be nice!
      2. Profiles/Walls
        • Friends/Foes!
          • Don't know how possible this is, but on our forums we can designate friends and foes, which put them in a short list for sending pms, so we don't have to search for the name..
          • Example:
            V3OIyig.png
      3. Categories and Category View Page-
        • On the Main Category Page we had the option to choose between seeing all Categories and "Subscribed" categories, this is gone now and we need it back.
          • Right now I cannot Access forums I have hidden. Without a Workaround, that has to then be disabled after use. Its a long proccess.
        • When I view the Star Trek Online Forums, and it include 5 Main Category Headers, I would like a List of all the Sub-forums and the Post counts and so forth, I am not a fan of have to go 3 Category folders Deep before getting to the bug section.
          • Not sure how doable this is, but it is something i would like to see if possible. Like the way they used to look once in the STO section, Just layout wise.
      4. Discussion Page
        • Most Recent, links to the Correct page, but to the top of the page, we that have to hit "End" or Scroll
      5. Thread View
        • We need the "Page Change Menu" Shown at the top and Bottom of the Page
      6. Posting Page
        • I would like to have a "Color Wheel" or Color Picker with all the available colors in a dropdown if possible.
          • Example:
            sHAdTjq.png

Pipe Dream Suggestions:
      • Tapatalk Plugin
        • Tapatalk is a 3rd Party Mobile Application that is used by many STO Fleets as a way to better view forums.
        • It provides an easy to use interface for browsing and Modding forums on your mobile devices.
        • It is also free to use for both the forum owner and forum user.
        • https://tapatalk.com/

Nice work Primar ;)
      780x350.png
    10. primar13
      Removed Advanced Search! I Located it today!!!

From the Search Box hit the Down Arrow, and you get lots of more extensive fields!

:smiley:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/search

Twitter Junkie
      #ItsAllMarcosFault

Categories