test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PWE forum Mods check in!

askrayaskray Posts: 3,308 Community Moderator
Okay so as we have games transferring over to the vanilla forums, we're all kinda lumped in here together lol and since every other game has a thread going so far... lets introduce ourselves while we have this opportunity! :smile:

I'm Paul, aka Askray. I've been an STO moderator since their inception what 3 years ago? Time surely gets lost on me lol. Been moderator and administrator for many forums and BBS' since I was a kid, so it was a great opportunity to come work on a major MMO forum such as STO :smile: Been playing MMO's and MUD's for god knows how long now, first big one I remember besides MUD games was ultima online. Once I played that I fell in love with online gaming moreso than I ever did with MUDS.

I live in california, USA (actually only about 2hours away from PWE's offices!), have a husband (he's actually watching the E3 press videos in our bedroom atm lol), 2 cats and a dog that we just adore! Dunno what else to put lol

So come on Mod's lets not be shy! :smile:
Senior Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.

Comments

• drakenfyredrakenfyre Posts: 6,879 Community Moderator
    Hey Danielle here aka Drakenfyre or Nyxa. I've been a mod in a few of the games here.

Live in NYC with my husband, 2 turtles and a cat. I'm a major book worm.

Not quite sure what other info to give :smile:
    Swordsman Moderator, Forsaken World Moderator, Jade Dynasty Moderator
    I do not have the staff on speed dial
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
  • askrayaskray Posts: 3,308 Community Moderator
    I so wanna get a turtle! That's awesome
    Senior Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
    If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.

• nrglgnrglg Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This thread is biased against non-mods introducing themselves. I call for a strike against the mods. Also compensation for this discrimination that has caused me $1.7 million in psychological damages. tiger-36.gif

Joking aside, hello there moderators. Luckily you'll be confined to your own sections soon enough. PWI and any older games are full of disgruntled players who wish to have you experience nothing but sadness, despair, and a feeling of anger and shame at yourselves for helping PWE/Arc Games.

GAME FORUMS (Direct Link & Arc Frame)
    Hub | Arc | PWI | FW | NW | STO | SO | BLR | JD | BOI | CO | WOI
    Hub | Arc | PWI | FW | NW | STO | SO | BLR | JD | BOI | CO | WOI
    Forum Enhancements and Visual Improvements
    (Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey and/or Stylish required)
    PWI vBulletin Forum Data Dumps and Backups
    nrglg wrote: »
    This thread is biased against non-mods introducing themselves. I call for a strike against the mods. Also compensation for this discrimination that has caused me $1.7 million in psychological damages. tiger-36.gif

Joking aside, hello there moderators. Luckily you'll be confined to your own sections soon enough. PWI and any older games are full of disgruntled players who wish to have you experience nothing but sadness, despair, and a feeling of anger and shame at yourselves for helping PWE/Arc Games.

I know that all to well, been a mod for 3 games in here now. Thanks for the welcome too :D
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
  • opkossyopkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    Hi. I'm a question mark that has gained sapience and am currently plotting world domination.

Those who voluntarily assist me will be given their own territories to rule once the world has been conquered. We'll then expand to doing something about those pesky Martians.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • krittycatkrittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    Hey all, KrittyCat here. I've been around these forums for around 5 years now, first as Moderator on PWI, then moving to RaiderZ, and finally where I am now on Blacklight Retribution.

I'm about 20 minutes outside the nation's capital, and currently in the process of trying to find a job. ^^;

Ideally, I'd like to get a job working with communities in the games industry, but as of right now have found no places willing to take a chance on someone that doesn't have a degree, and I currently can't afford to go to school to get the degree a lot of them are looking for... so on I search. =/
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Posts: 246 Arc User
    so who has infraction points burning a hole through their pocket?
    eager to test out the new moderator tools askray? i bet you are :)
  • morsaeternamorsaeterna Posts: 534 Arc User
    Sorry im not a mod, im searching for one now. I hope thenamesdomino will gonna appear here or any other FW mod soon. I would like to ask him when can we expect to see our forums here.
    ZVM9_C6w.jpg
    Time is moving slowly, while people got new ways to improve from the gods the progression of sience and magic is getting slower and slower. Are the gods testing us or the storm legion is the cultprit in this? No one knows.

For better forum colors use bbcode
    Sorry im not a mod, im searching for one now. I hope thenamesdomino will gonna appear here or any other FW mod soon. I would like to ask him when can we expect to see our forums here.

they are still working on getting them out, I'll try asking dom later today.
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 1,759 Arc User
    **writes down names for when it comes time to place blame**

:D
    'Dec out

z1pvRGRx.png
  • themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Posts: 513 Arc User
    Just curious, is bluegeek still around?
    I like the rebooted movie series (I refuse to call it "JJTrek").
    TbGf2df.gif
  • morsaeternamorsaeterna Posts: 534 Arc User
    drakenfyre wrote: »

they are still working on getting them out, I'll try asking dom later today.

Ok thanks for the help:)
    ZVM9_C6w.jpg
    Time is moving slowly, while people got new ways to improve from the gods the progression of sience and magic is getting slower and slower. Are the gods testing us or the storm legion is the cultprit in this? No one knows.

For better forum colors use bbcode
  • protogothprotogoth Posts: 2,260 Arc User
    So we have a grand total of three Moderators for all of PWE? No wonder we seldom see any Mods in Romulan Gameplay.

Is there an application somewhere? Romulan players need more attention.
    Fleets_Banner_2015-05-01_0950.jpg
    Fvillhu s'Tal'Diann -- Praetor of the Tal'Diann/Tal-Diann
    Tal'Diann = KDF-allied Romulan Republic Fleet / Tal-Diann = Fed-allied Romulan Republic Fleet
    ahr'Lleiset mnhei'sahe mnei. Our chief governing passion is Freedom.
    Republic Veteran!!!

I'm still female, so please stop referring to me as "he."
    protogoth wrote: »
    So we have a grand total of three Moderators for all of PWE? No wonder we seldom see any Mods in Romulan Gameplay.

Sentient question marks can be mods too!
    opkossy wrote: »

Eh? Okay, three or four for all of PWE. How many specifically for STO? Looks like one. So my statement stands: Romulan players need more attention. Where do I apply? I'm not joking.
    Tal'Diann = KDF-allied Romulan Republic Fleet / Tal-Diann = Fed-allied Romulan Republic Fleet
    Republic Veteran!!!

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Posts: 9,617 Community Moderator
    Might as well.

Hi my name is Ambisinisterr and I am a...oh wrong group.
    Joking! In fact I drink nothing but soda, coffee or juice. No milk. No water. Especially no water.

I am one of the Community Moderators for Neverwinter. I'm in my mid twenties and have been playing video games as long as I can remember. At the age of 11 I was introduced to D&D which started my long time obsession with the D&D franchise and Forgotten Realms setting to be more specific.

I used to program for NWN Persistent Worlds in my teenage years and since then I have been a part of various MMO communities over the course of the last decade or so. If I am not playing an MMO I likely am playing a story driven single player game. I have absolutely been drooling over the Witcher 3 and I was really sad to only be able to spend an hour yesterday playing Batman Arkham Knight.

Additionally I am a huge tech nerd particularly when it comes to computers. I am the family computer repair person and have actually built most of the family's computers.

I suppose that's it. I work over 55 hours a week so my life is not overly interesting. Haha.

Eh? Okay, three or four for all of PWE. How many specifically for STO? Looks like one. So my statement stands: Romulan players need more attention. Where do I apply? I'm not joking.

I rather doubt all of the mods have seen or posted in this thread.

In fact, let me be more precise. I know nowhere near all the mods have posted in this and several of them haven't even seen it. So being serious based on this thread's lack of activity is a poor judgement call.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Posts: 9,617 Community Moderator
    There are many more moderators. Some may not even be willing to post.

In fact until my role was correctly applied I purposely did not post in this thread.

In fact, let me be more precise. I know nowhere near all the mods have posted in this and several of them haven't even seen it. So being serious based on this thread's lack of activity is a poor judgement call.

I'm being serious based on over 2 years of regular activity in the Romulan Gameplay forum and seldom seeing even a trace of a Moderator, unless one of us reported something or went to a Staff member and pointed out how wild and untamed our forum was (it's a little better at the moment, and I hope that isn't just a passing fad; it's been better since before the migration to the new fora). I'm also not inexperienced in the gaming industry, or in moderating.
    Republic Veteran!!!

• virusdancervirusdancer Posts: 19,038 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    edit: never mind, I'll send a PM.
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    Is there any mods who come from other time zones like UK, Europe, Asia etc etc? just outta interest?
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
    4J6NlCQh.png
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • ovenusarmanioovenusarmanio Posts: 301 Community Moderator
    Hello all,
    I'm VenusArmani. A notorious cookie thief And I come from Perfect World. I have been moderating PWI for almost 3 years now but have been playing PWI since 2009. I have been playing video games ever since I was a small child, although PWI was the first MMO that I really got into. Prior to that, I was primarily a console gamer. The games I enjoy most are more story oriented, like Dragon Age and The Elder Scroll Series. But I also enjoy MMOs, as you can plainly see by continued presence here. Unlike you guys, I didn't have prior experience moderating any type of forums! So my moderating thing is not as impressive. Perhaps some of us can link up through the PMS and let each other know when we're tossing stuff each others way! I know that the messages here now make it much easier to have multiple participants.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

I'm being serious based on over 2 years of regular activity in the Romulan Gameplay forum and seldom seeing even a trace of a Moderator, unless one of us reported something or went to a Staff member and pointed out how wild and untamed our forum was (it's a little better at the moment, and I hope that isn't just a passing fad; it's been better since before the migration to the new fora). I'm also not inexperienced in the gaming industry, or in moderating.

Please don't group all of the game moderators with your experience, I do know that there are a few more moderators for JD, and FW around, they have not seen this post along with having things to do outside of the forums. If you want to be a moderator for a specific forum I'd try getting in touch with one of the CM/GM of that section and talk to them about being a mod, that's pretty much what I did.
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
  • zebularzebular Posts: 573 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Well met, everyone! @zebular here from the Neverwinter Community Team! I do tweet from time to time (Earthling_003), but its mostly retweets and occasional greenpeace relays. Been playing STO since it wasn't even out yet, and am a total trekkie geek. I'm also a way-too-imaginative fantasy endulger and long-time DM of the Forgotten Realms (over two decades now).

Just got a year older yesterday and a new kitten to my family, which shows my other great fictional love interest, as his name is Gandalf the Grey. He even has a kitty ring to rule them all! He gets along great with my 9-year old orange tabby, named Little Ra - a sign of my real life mythology love interest.

Safe travels! My PM box is always open for any Neverwinter issues, contact me anytime @zebular. :)

P.S. Sorry for not posting sooner but like others, my permission settings have been messed up for over a week up until a few days ago. For a while I couldn't even log in.
    [ Support Center • PWE Rules & Policies • ARC ToS ]
    Zebular
    [ Handles: @zebular (PC) & MtnDewFreak (XBOX) | Character Biographies: Neverwinter, Star Trek Online | FR DM Since 1993 ]
  • gulberatgulberat Posts: 400 Arc User
    Does that mean you guys have finally received your powers over here?

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • sylenthundersylenthunder Posts: 256 Community Moderator
    gulberat wrote: »

They have some, but from what I understand, there's a lot of features missing still.
  • krittycatkrittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator

Not everyone does. The BLR section is still kinda messed up, so I don't think they've handled anyone in that specific sub-forum yet.
  • daveynydaveyny Posts: 4,787 Arc User
    Don't mind me...
    I'm just Checking Out who is Checking In.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    Star Trek Fan since Sept. 8th, 1966.
    Still a STO Veteran Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • zebularzebular Posts: 573 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    For the most part, however we are indeed missing some moderator functions still (merging threads and posts for example is missing) and I for one still cannot use BBCode in my signature, it only lets me input some crude CSS and HTML, which not even all of that is accepted. We only have access to a few moderator functions (edit, soft delete, and split), so there's still a whole moderator section of features we cannot access fully.

I dislike having to have to edit a post to move it when we should just be able to move things around as they should be. Merging is non-existant for us yet we can split posts from a topic but then only by making them into a new topic, unlike before where we could split a thread and move things to another thread.

So yeah, we're still quite lacking but at least we have the ability to deal with any major issues. I really to like the Vanilla system though, it is an awesome and feature rich forum system with seemingly unlimited potential for growth and adaptation. Alas, what we're able to access is akin to memorizing a 9th level spell but having your concentration broken while casting it.
    Post edited by zebular on
    [ Support Center • PWE Rules & Policies • ARC ToS ]
    Zebular
    [ Handles: @zebular (PC) & MtnDewFreak (XBOX) | Character Biographies: Neverwinter, Star Trek Online | FR DM Since 1993 ]
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Posts: 15,946 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    *waves sleepily*

PWE/ARC glutton for punishment moderator for 4 titles here, which are listed in my sig but they are: RaiderZ, Battle of the Immortals, War of the Immortals, and Neverwinter. Been a mod since August 2011.

I live in Redneck Central Alabama with my wife, two kids, and dog. If my sig doesn't give it away I'm a huge Alabama football fan. What I really need are minions....lol....banana.....yes, I think I've gone crazy and my kids took my mind and hid it somewhere....

ROLL TIDE ROLL