test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Arc/Windows 10 Insider Build 14257

denaliprimedenaliprime Posts: 10 Arc User
I'm a Windows 10 user, on the Fast Ring of Insider builds. I received build 14257 and Arc would not run. I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it, but the reinstall package won't even execute. The error in the Windows system logs are as follows:

Faulting application name: ArcSetup.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x55d40e95
Faulting module name: ArcSetup.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x55d40e95
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x00079d4d
Faulting process id: 0x22fc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1641db047b31e
Faulting application path: C:\Users\Denali\Downloads\ArcSetup.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Users\Denali\Downloads\ArcSetup.exe
Report Id: df4e0983-9a91-4b18-84ba-269dc7564d56
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Fault bucket 107918914125, type 1
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: ArcSetup.exe
P2: 1.0.0.1
P3: 55d40e95
P4: ArcSetup.exe
P5: 1.0.0.1
P6: 55d40e95
P7: c000041d
P8: 00079d4d
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER3F26.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_ArcSetup.exe_e153f0a314baac382ea6def6c4dd1a1dd53fa74_00faff27_0a58408e

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: df4e0983-9a91-4b18-84ba-269dc7564d56
Report Status: 0
Hashed bucket: 1d2b5b958550d7eca5fc1d2a1af1f20a

Any idea?

Comments

• sylenthundersylenthunder Posts: 256 Community Moderator
    Try running the installer with admin creds. Also, as always, disable the active scan on your AV software temporarily when installing, and be certain to include the Arc folder in your AV exclusions after it's done.​​
  • denaliprimedenaliprime Posts: 10 Arc User

Try running the installer with admin creds. Also, as always, disable the active scan on your AV software temporarily when installing, and be certain to include the Arc folder in your AV exclusions after it's done.​​

No joy. Same issue.
    Question: The website says the client is a 9mb download. Yet, when I download it, I only get about 952k. Is that correct?
  • geezerpunkgeezerpunk Posts: 2 Arc User
    Had the same problem, I rolled back to the previous version of Windows 10. ARC and Startrek ran until the downloads hit again then got a BSOD

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Currently running Driver Verifier, An Error report for Game/App compatability has been entered in the list of bugs for the newest version of Windows 10.
    Still looking for a solution to this issue.
    geezerpunk wrote: »
    Had the same problem, I rolled back to the previous version of Windows 10. ARC and Startrek ran until the downloads hit again then got a BSOD

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Currently running Driver Verifier, An Error report for Game/App compatability has been entered in the list of bugs for the newest version of Windows 10.
    After you rolled back, you would have had to re-install your video drivers. Did you do that?
    Still looking for a solution to this issue.
    Still working on finding one. So far, it's no dice.​​
    edited February 2016
    Can't edit my post. >.<

Support says they only test on the official release, and don't support the dev/preview build. Which I honestly expected as a response, and don't have a problem with. At least now they are aware of the issue. They also advised reporting it to MS, which I did, but don't expect anything there.​​
    build 14267, it is still not functioning, just FYI.​​
    Still not working on Build 14271.
    Arc 3.0 doesn't resolve issue either.
    I managed to get it to install via the installer included with FW, but it still will not run. I even tried copying over 3.0 from a stable build. No dice.​​
    I'm sorry... FW?
    Forsaken World​​
  • nievesnieves Posts: 2 Arc User
    Having the same issues, and running the usual fixes doesn't work. It's not the firewall, its an incompatability issue between Win 10 Insider edition and Arc. I should never have uninstalled Arc, because now I can't play at all, until this is fixed. And, sorry, Arc. I am not changing my OS just for you. I shouldn't have to.
    I'm assuming this known issue for build 14271 is the root of the problem. I reserve the right to be incorrect.

We are seeing reports of crashes with apps such as QQ crashing due to an OS reliability issue we are currently investigating. This bug is also impacting older apps such as Windows Live Mail and Expression Encoder 4.
    Additionally, 14279 is out, but the known issue I just quoted (above) is still on the known issue list. When it gets pushed to my system, I'll report back an updated status.
    First time ever, I'm getting the update on the day of release, instead of 4-5 days after. I should know in a short bit.​​
    Too late to edit, but can confirm, Arc is still not running in 14279.​​
    Well, that's unfortunate.
  • kujiro68kujiro68 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Don't know if this helps or not but the ARC loader program does start running in the background and the updater kicks in for a moment then both shut down (can see this in Task manager). Also tried Compatibility mode Windows 7 and 8 with and without admin. no luck.
  • kujiro68kujiro68 Posts: 3 Arc User
    I found Star Trek Online through Steam. It plays just fine. So the issue is specifically with the Arc Launcher
    kujiro68 wrote: »
    I found Star Trek Online through Steam. It plays just fine. So the issue is specifically with the Arc Launcher
    Yes. I wanted to play FW, so I just DL'ed it via Steam.​​
    Insider 14291 is available, with the QQ bug still listed as a known issue. I'll try it when it hits my system.
  • john9871#2582 john9871 Posts: 1 New User
    i got this problem from two days and now i'm sick with this.
    did anyone find the new solution?
    i got this problem from two days and now i'm sick with this.
    did anyone find the new solution?
    Currently the only solution is to not use Insider builds.​​
  • dahighrollerdahighroller Posts: 3 Arc User
    yes yes yes and yes I wish I read this before i updated and killed my arc.......... time to roll back thanks for the info
  • jeffthedudejeffthedude Posts: 3 Arc User
    Still happening on build 14316
  • azurie1azurie1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I'm having this problem as well if anyone happens to discover a solution other than a roll back let me know and i say except for a roll back as for me that means a bloody fresh install from nothing yet again and after doing it 20 times in a weekend a week or two ago i'm tired of it just want a simple fix even if i have to dance nakid in the rain for it to work btw i'm using windows 10 insider build 14316 as well
    MS is aware of the issue and is working on it. I'm kind of surprised the fix didn't hit with 14316.​​
  • azurie1azurie1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Well rest easy they didn't fix it with build 14328 either.
    14332 No dice still.​​