test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

IMPORTANT - Swordsman Q&A and discussion thread pt. 2

sunnys1deworksunnys1dework Posts: 276 Administrator
Hello everyone,

Please continue asking your questions in this thread and either myself or another member of the Swordsman team will respond.

I do apologize that I haven't been able to be around more in the past couple weeks. I understand and relate to your frustrations and you're free to vent here, but I do want to emphasize that abusive behavior towards your fellow players and Perfect World staff will not be tolerated. This is not a stance against criticism of PWE or the game, but to enforce healthier interactions among the community.

Abusive behavior includes, but is not limited to: Threats against other players or PWE staff, harassment, and insults. Please refer to 15. User Conduct under our Terms of Service.

On another note, we are working on a big content update, and release shouldn't be too far off now :smile:

Thanks everyone!

Comments

• wolffriendinuswolffriendinus Posts: 390 Arc User
    You guys somewhat earned my respect as seeing you guys as an actual employees for once. But this doesnt change the situation of the game.

I really dont know what you guys hope to achieve from this thread to be honest. Its most likely going to be like the previous thread where nothing changes after all of that conversation. If that happens, know that its going to be the same where the players keep insulting you guys @pwe.

As players of this game , we want some stuff to change and this game really does need a change.

One of the biggest issues of the game is *Getting Gems*

This is the upmost , undenyable core aspect of Open world and its not fair at all.

I literally have nothing to say. Everything has already been said... more than 20 times already.

Will you even acknowledge that there is this much of a heavy problem in this game?

Like will you even fix this?

Are you even aware what the problems are?

Will you communicate with us?

I could give less of a cent about you guys responding to be honest. If it isn't going to lead to any fixes , just delete this thread and never open anything like this ever again.

Agreed.
  • kimmykim#5553 kimmykim Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited April 24
    ^-^ welcomeback sunny
    LV 120 Shang FalseHope(youha) zephyr
    LV 115 Shang JiggyPuff 5V
    LV 89 Zhou Ziin Splendor

• branoowenbranoowen Posts: 32 Arc User
    Hi Sunny.
    My question is on the Dungeon Event

I made some counts. Running all the instance +HOH+cycle +bonus for completing=845 points
    You can complete all the running 2 for days (Cycle has only 2 entrance /day), this mean 1690 points/day
    Sure y can run some instance more, if y have IE and a whole day.
    But don't you think that 50000 point for the title is really to much? talking in days, it means run all the instances+cycle+hoh twice a day for 30 days in a row.
    A bit too much in my opinion.

Would be nice know if an uncomplete instance counts or not. Bcz is really frustrating spent 2 hours running the instance, when other ppl make an in and out and count the same.

Regards
  • You guys somewhat earned my respect as seeing you guys as an actual employees for once. But this doesnt change the situation of the game.

I really dont know what you guys hope to achieve from this thread to be honest. Its most likely going to be like the previous thread where nothing changes after all of that conversation. If that happens, know that its going to be the same where the players keep insulting you guys @pwe.

As players of this game , we want some stuff to change and this game really does need a change.

One of the biggest issues of the game is *Getting Gems*

This is the upmost , undenyable core aspect of Open world and its not fair at all.

I literally have nothing to say. Everything has already been said... more than 20 times already.

Will you even acknowledge that there is this much of a heavy problem in this game?

Like will you even fix this?

Are you even aware what the problems are?

Will you communicate with us?

I could give less of a cent about you guys responding to be honest. If it isn't going to lead to any fixes , just delete this thread and never open anything like this ever again.

Pretty much sums it up, I want to emphasize the last part by highlighting it.
    Server: Xia
    Should you play any game by PWE?
    2 guys for 12 games hehe xd, I think that answers it.
    Upgraded to 2 guys and 1 girl
    Chars: Prowly,Gnash
    Youtube Channel

Please select payment method for Swordsman Online
    apprb49_460s.jpg
  • xiaozhu#7578 xiaozhu Posts: 1 Arc User
    There's still many bugs in game and I hope u guys put more time in ironing out the little details. for instance gem bag Vs dont drop Blue Crystal V (ice proficiency gem) and artifact boxes are no longer in market (not sure if this was intentional)
  • strexxxickstrexxxick Posts: 106 Arc User
    Can we please get some coin sinks? There is nothing in the game we can spend out coins on. Without coin sinks everything keeps inflating and it will get harder and harder for new players to catch up.

For example sell gem combination charms, wooden gear, stardust, advanced smelt stones in a npc for coins. Of course at a price that does not destroy the market. But for example according to the sycee shop prices (at 15 sycee each). Not nessesary all of them, but at least a few.
  • dzoleedzolee Posts: 148 Arc User
    since Im little familliar with the new content of next update and I alredy know how much questions brings each update about how new things work, about changes in arena and combos etc. I want ask would pwe ever consider to reward some players that actualy make a guides on forums about what is new and what are fastest ways to the top?

that could help to whole community specialy to new players... I see many new players that are lost and doing things and events / instances that are not helpfull for them and for which they cant find peoples for party, and only losing their time which eventualy leads toward quiting the game. For example I remember in last update when half server didnt know how to upgrade warsouls for few months and many had to buy that reset item that cost whole fortune...

also as I remember swordsman got much new peoples after that video of TheLazyPeon on youtube which was a bit critical about this game but still people was coming... I think swordsman need more positive videos like that after each big update.. why not pay to someone who have a lot subscribtions on yt few bucks to make that video?

and one thing that I still cant understand is about mirage... mirage is like main event of this game that players doing most... and after 2 years and more since this game exist, mirage is identical without any change except drop rates.. just try imagine how much big nervs someone need to have to keep doing that same boring event for that much long... maybe there is much people in china with that big nervs but here is not im sure... can you sunny write to china devs to put something new in that mirage, new boss, hot blonde girl, anything? Thank you.

and one more question is about names in game. Does pwe ever clean their database from dead chars that didnt loged for more then two years, for example only those bellow lvl50 or 60? I can tell that there is a realy big problem with nicknames, we realy need some time to find a name that is not taken, long time ago swordsman had many bots that also took a lot short nicknames, why not delete them? some players even dont want play some game if they cant add one of their few favorite nicknames that they want.. players started put now even some symbols in names that we cant write properly without copy-past... please clean low lvl dead chars.

dzoLee ®
    Shaolin LV99
    Xia
    edited April 25
    Since there is no official disclosure on what sats do Falconers scale off, can you guys provide me and the rest of the players what are the scaling stats for this class?

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/79LjsgbDiS7l5_3p1FVV0YM7Az9wrjbZ1rsH7nA5LSR1Gb-Zc9-iGW0X2-N4q_7Crds1f91u=w1175

^ This chart is for example of what i mean. *

well this is one more thing that someone can do and that I asked sunny in post above to reward someone who will take some of his time to make update of that or similar things... even old scales of stats that alredy exist are not more valid because they was made on begining of game and some scales of some classes changed little... That scale off is realy nice as then everyone can know exactly which gems and gears would benefit them most...

would be nice to know scale for heal skills too, some rough rates for skill tiers, rates for power scrolls etc... but those doesnt exist, tho heal scale is easy to calculate.

dzoLee ®
    Shaolin LV99
    Xia
    edited April 25
    >:)

dzoLee ®
    Shaolin LV99
    Xia
  • bobinsski55bobinsski55 Posts: 32 Arc User
    Please fix mirage/gem bags so that when you sell lvl 1 gems that you don't need, you get the same amount of gems that they are worth.

For example:
    If I have a ruby 1 that I don't need, I should be able to sell it for 7 level 1 gen shards since it is worth 7 gen shards from the gem merchant. (Elemental gems, thorns, horns, were only worth 1 gem shard since you can't buy them there)

At the moment, any level 1 gem you sell gives you 1 gem shard, and it makes it very hard to get higher level gems, which is a major issue on the under-developed servers (Han and Zhou).
  • alt123321#3674 alt123321 Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 26
    @dzolee to be fair guides wont do much, cuz guides only teach "how", but players are not interested "how", cuz there is no interest "why would i build good char". By far hardest pve being cycle and its easy just need dmg, that means no endgame pve content thats interesting and rewarding. Best pvp event being ebon (once a week)... Thats it for pvp. Offer almost nothing at late game just more mirage/vermin, btw i think ull mention open world pvp, but 95% of player just autopaths to you to spam la's rest 5% actualy use brain cells b4 using them. Majority of new player quit cuz they realize there is no players in his lvl bracket... There is only high lvls. And gamers are looking for competative games and all compeating in here can be exploidable that kills all compeating, thats why almost all serious gamers quited.
    Post edited by alt123321#3674 on
    well I cant be so negative like you guys... I came here, wrote few things / ideas that may or may not help and questions on which I expect simple answer yes or no when sunny have time, and I dont realy care what answer will be I just wrote things that I had in my mind at that few moments.

will something do much or not it is irrelevant as long as it will do something, maybe not for you or for 100 players but to someone it will help... and actualy so much players asked me about building char since I play that I even had to write little guide for shao since I was tired to repeat all over again in game chats.. easyer to say go on discussion X and read it.

@oneacuman#1190 with such a negative attitude I dont realy understand what you doing here in game, there is much other games far from pwe... smille little ;)

dzoLee ®
    Shaolin LV99
    Xia
  • kimmykim#5553 kimmykim Posts: 199 Arc User
    can NPC sell Pastel Dye box and Solid Tones Box.
    it will be lot fun when you can buy dye pack with coin.
    LV 120 Shang FalseHope(youha) zephyr
    LV 115 Shang JiggyPuff 5V
    LV 89 Zhou Ziin Splendor

• dd2002dd2002 Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited April 26
    With the disrespect, and neglectance that PWE has shown us. A serious attitude with some grown up jokes doesn't seem to look so bad honestly. I doubt PWE will fix this game even though it has great potential...
    Post edited by dd2002 on
    Koracknios/Koraiko
    Lvl 91/Lvl 99
    Harmony/Zephyr
    Shang/Zhou
  • dzolee wrote: »
    well I cant be so negative like you guys... I came here, wrote few things / ideas that may or may not help and questions on which I expect simple answer yes or no when sunny have time, and I dont realy care what answer will be I just wrote things that I had in my mind at that few moments.

will something do much or not it is irrelevant as long as it will do something, maybe not for you or for 100 players but to someone it will help... and actualy so much players asked me about building char since I play that I even had to write little guide for shao since I was tired to repeat all over again in game chats.. easyer to say go on discussion X and read it.

@oneacuman#1190 with such a negative attitude I dont realy understand what you doing here in game, there is much other games far from pwe... smille little ;)

Well you seem to care about the playerbase, that's good, but have you told the people you're helping they will never get anywhere without cashing tons? Surely they could do through arena but that's gonna take even more time to master the current players and arena events aren't even that great considering the amount of time PWE SMO staff takes to respond so events come apart for months (NOT HEALTHY).

Every new player I tell them to stay off the game because it's NOT worth the time and effort needed, if you're just gonna be like "i'll take a yes or no" that's just not helping it, you must demand, while it may seem pretentious, these poor people that cash insanely in the game are just being taken advantage of. Aside from bringing problems to everyone with really upsetting events that destroys any purpose for any instance ingame... A newbie be like "where do I get this, where do I get that" surely you can tell them to go farm vermin, dp,mirage or whatever for hours on end for a month and there comes a spend event that does all the same shit in 10-100 euros worth with 0 effort GG. (hint gem V that destroyed the whole population in the early stages)

We complain because the game is super shit to progress, we never said the game is bad... So what's wrong with trying to fix it? We've said the same things for YEARS and they did not listen so it's only normal people start to build up grudge and anger towards their ignorance and inability to fix their own WRONG DOINGS.
    Server: Xia
    Should you play any game by PWE?
    2 guys for 12 games hehe xd, I think that answers it.
    Upgraded to 2 guys and 1 girl
    Chars: Prowly,Gnash
    Youtube Channel

Please select payment method for Swordsman Online
    apprb49_460s.jpg
    edited April 27
    @dzolee its not being negative its being real, to begin with newbie that comes to play will learn from guide that you need x gem in his gear or x item and try get it. At start from mirage then hell realize its not worth to craft gem he would rather buy lvl 3/5 straight up, but when pricing hits him.. Oh boyyy by the point hes half way done he will realize farming items is useless you just need gold or sycee. But gold in curent state of xia almost no value. So you need sycee only problem is doing event rewards compered to what sycee offers defeat any purpose of doing anything in game, but the best is whole game system is about getting stronger, but for what there is almost nothing to do while you are strong only go outlaw and pk noobs in hco while they do papers. And one more amazinh thing is no auction house so prices of ewery single item is fcked up(atleast in xia) @dzolee and now mister ill ask you one ultimate question what you cant get for sycee? :wink:
  • gaukler68#5407 gaukler68 Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited April 27
    Is it so wanted that no one sells sycees, and when anyone do it they now even use macros to buy it? :s
    my opinion:: great s.hit with this 15 silver ( i dont know real you call it in english)
    you can be sure: I will not buy more sycees with real money because of this nonsense!
  • sgod123#5834 sgod123 Posts: 4 Arc User
    Before you post and ask about question and thread part. 2. Have you already read everything in part. 1 yet? I bet you haven't
  • gaukler68#5407 gaukler68 Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited April 27
    Before you post and ask about question and thread part. 2. Have you already read everything in part. 1 yet? I bet you haven't
    lol............... why I should read a lot of insults in part 1? and the rest...? lol lol lol
    but doesnt matter... since this bugusing event and this stupid hero coronet is this game free toplay for me anyway ;)

edited April 27
    @dzolee its not being negative its being real, to begin with newbie that comes to play will learn from guide that you need x gem in his gear or x item and try get it. At start from mirage then hell realize its not worth to craft gem he would rather buy lvl 3/5 straight up, but when pricing hits him.. Oh boyyy by the point hes half way done he will realize farming items is useless you just need gold or sycee. But gold in curent state of xia almost no value. So you need sycee only problem is doing event rewards compered to what sycee offers defeat any purpose of doing anything in game, but the best is whole game system is about getting stronger, but for what there is almost nothing to do while you are strong only go outlaw and pk noobs in hco while they do papers. And one more amazinh thing is no auction house so prices of ewery single item is fcked up(atleast in xia) @dzolee and now mister ill ask you one ultimate question what you cant get for sycee? :wink:

Let me say you, my avarage mirage run of 1h gives me 23-25g + 2-3 GCC I... so on xia server, most of lvl III gems cost 25-30g... if I want make Rainbows and ruby/sapphire I can invest earned money from mirage in gem combination charms because from that 1h of mirage i get 15-20 of those gems too... so in any way I basicaly can make one lvl3 gem every 1 hour of mirage with the help of those gifts in luo yang...that means 1 lvl IV gem per one day is np at all for those who have time to play.

since I play game I bought sycee only few times, mostly for fashions, never opened single chest etc. and I have basicaly everything... and my ultimate answer to you would be that you dont need sycee at all believe me or not..
    but as I cant change your way of look things, you cant change mine aswell... we can stop with any further discussion... I didnt asked here players for their opinions
    as I said, if someone think there is better place then this its free to go and seek for it ^^

dzoLee ®
    Shaolin LV99
    Xia
    edited April 27
    @dzolee yes you dont need sycee thats why your sholin is mid tear power wise ;) and im not tryng to change your point of wiev in putting facts on table, gifts in lou yang gives only 2 gem shards and its rng. Gcc's cheapest u can get is 3,60 gold and supply is limited, btw you make 23-25 gold not lvl 70 newcome. And how long for you it took to build mid tear sholin :smile: if you want game get some population you should have 2-3 months for mid tear not 2 years. And more stuff to do when you get going then just pvp in buggy base where spawns are 2-3 dashes away from each other and just ram with no ebjectives. And why would you run away from discusion?
    Post edited by alt123321#3674 on
    edited April 27
    @alt123321#3674 just like any other shaolin, there are huge flaws of each shaolin skill +the lack of rates for offensive stats that only shaos can understand...

trust me, if you made a shaolin char in start, you would left game long time ago, even 100k of sycee or more wouldnt help you so much as class is limited and luck based, works realy good only in some situations and pvp places.

still anyone can come in my double typhoon and try go out alive, then you can say again if my shao is that much low with zero sycee, you are free to check my gems and compare it your... if someone give me gunslinger or cripple you would see magic and how I become high in power through one night ^^

and I always and still buying big amounts of GCC I for 2-2,5g... im sorry that no one will sell you for that much, its clear why is that so.

also i dont understand what all this what you said have anything with my questions.. please stop adding more noise in space, if anyone have something to say me its free to write me in game chat anytime.
    Post edited by dzolee on

dzoLee ®
    Shaolin LV99
    Xia
    edited April 27
    @dzolee im not even tryng to buy gcc's, but i can provide sreenshots with lovest price of 3,6o gold and we are not talking abaut you if you have a friend that sells you cheaper great for you, but im talking abaut newbies that they cant build up. And you talk about sholin dmg lack? Well shall i mention shang sholins damage? :) they do same dmg as your typhoon while stacking ripple that what im adresing the lack of ways for enyone to build up especially newbies. Most of time newbie join some existing guild and starts get spoonfed and in the end he feels that he cant do anything himself.. And in after some time get bored and leave. Exactly "if someone give me gunslinger or cripple you would see magic and how I become high in power through one night ^^" you coudnt build tong or splendor cuz basically there is no way of doing so. Kinda lucky that in xian there is no decent chars 1 or 2 only. You didnt see how lategame char looks like example tifamirage 400k-500 dmg one metor fall extra tell me more about your hp pool :D..
    2017-04-27_18-14-51.jpg

@alt123321#3674 picture from second random vend on shang few minutes ago, no one buying... comparing players builds and ways to get damage on shang and on xia is something dumbest that I ever heard... you dream about lategame char on eu server wdf ? ... realy stop it

dzoLee ®
    Shaolin LV99
    Xia