test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Avatar

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Badges

Any minute now…

redvenge Arc User

About

Username
redvenge
Joined
Visits
2,043
Last Active
Roles
Member
Points
4
Badges
0
Posts
1,409

Reactions

Comments

  • valoreah wrote: » Ok so - this is how HBO decided to end this series? I cannot believe this is how they wanted to send this series off. Dany never "breaking the wheel" Tyrion crying over the death of the sister who tried to kill him on numero…
  • markhawkman wrote: » Ah, but, what is it focused on? See, part of the thing with Nero is that it actually DID have relevance to the plot outside establishing his sexual orientation. Nero was enraged because his family was dead. The most com…
  • centurian821 wrote: » If you really didn't care, this would not be part of your rant. Just saying. Except that movies and television have been throwing in "forced relationship to establish sexual preference" for decades. Two decades ago, i…
  • lordsteve1 wrote: » Been flying it a lot this week. It's more that adequate for any story mission i've tried and any advanced level TFO too if you know what you're doing. It might not be an Arbiter or a JH Vanguard Warship, but it's perfectly ade…
  • somtaawkhar wrote: » Well, buckle up bucko. Cryptic has said the original post ViL story was going to involve Mirror Leeta's return, and finish out her story, and they plan to get back to it after the Disco content is over. That's... disheart…
  • tigeria tigeria#8677 wrote: » Hi all I would love to see next faction/arc coming - beeing Terran Mirror Universe... not a 1-2-3 story arc but a full one.. say.. 10-12 stories.. how it begins and develo…
  • rattler2 wrote: » Except that we didn't see her BEFORE her time aboard Discovery, and the war had been raging. So you cannot say for absolute FACT that she had ALWAYS been that way. What is your point here? That the show did not go into any d…
  • rattler2 wrote: » War can change a person. Except that is not what happened. We did not see any even that would lead to Landry's behavior. She was "mean" so that when she died, the audience would not be upset. She "deserved" it. Same for h…
  • shadowfang240 wrote: » sci-fi, DC comics, videogames, whatever...can say whatever the hell it wants about it, and each instance of it ever used has as equal a chance of being correct as it does of being incorrect​​ Exactly. Which is why they …
  • saurializard wrote: » I find it quite poetic how a Cleave ship was used by the House of T'Kuvma to further crush the Federation and ensure Klingon-only supremacy at the Battle of the Binary Stars, while in the Battle near Xahea, another led by one…
  • somtaawkhar wrote: » It was neither a similar nor nearly identical scenario. One held a small piece of rock, the other crunched a bunch of nanites. It's not "a small piece of rock". It's "dark matter; according to the writers of Discovery" (b…
  • azrael605 wrote: » The IP owner CBS has always and will always have total final say over all aspects of their licensed products. If you have some proof that CBS does not exercise this innate control then please share it. Who are you talking t…
  • disqord disqord#9557 wrote: » Not much point to it considering increasing power to the SIF grid not only gives your hull strength, but actually replaces the missing pieces with exact replicas, including t…
  • somtaawkhar wrote: » Its nonsense that a small, handheld, gravity gun isn't as powerful as transforming an entire room into a giant magnet? Or, how about a suit that can go anywhere, anywhen, anytime the operator wants. Star Trek:Discovery (a…
  • thegrandnagus1 wrote: » I don't understand: why would someone stop following a Captain's order at the word of an inferior officer? Until the Captain himself told you to stop, his order should supersede anything Burnham says. For the reason yo…
  • somtaawkhar wrote: » The magnet gun Tilly used to grab onto the dark matter was of limited power. To destroy the nanites you need a significantly more high powered magnet that can pull hard enough to undo their cohesion, and presumably crush the n…
  • [ thegrandnagus1 wrote: » Here is the part I don't understand: Let's say you are a bridge officer at your terminal. The Captain gives an order, let's just say, to fire a phaser. Then Burnham shouts "belay that order!". Well, the Captain's authori…
  • valoreah wrote: » Why? He was correct. Not only did he save everyone on the ship, he saved the entire mission and by extension, everyone on Earth. mustrumridcully0 wrote: » That sounds like making a needless specific difference. …
  • reyan01 wrote: » I mean, I tried watching The Orville and, for various reasons (entirely personal and therefore not worth elaborating upon) decided it wasn't to my taste. What I haven't done is continue watching it for the sole purpose of picking …
  • jonsills wrote: » You mean the way Decker told Kirk to "belay" his order to phaser the meteor caught in their wormhole in TMP? When a junior officer has information that shows the immediate course of action will prove disastrous, said officer i…
  • valoreah wrote: » Burnham was raised on Vulcan. One would expect her to have developed something of an arrogant personality as most all Vulcans come across as arrogant. Except she does not consistently act "vulcan". She waffles between "huma…
  • Queen Po: - Can crystalize dilithium - Cannot crystalize water - I Love Science
  • mustrumridcully0 wrote: » 1. Whataboutism isn't something only done to DSC, so I guess the counter-question here would be: Why wouldn't people resort to common argument "strategies" and arguments to defend DSC? Stop being disingenuous. If you…
  • jennycolvin wrote: » Authoritarian jerk? Entitled? Boy, this forums just gets better everyday! If wanting people to be rewarded for what they do instead of for doing nothing makes me an authoritarian jerk, so be it. If wanting the game to be a…
  • phoenixc phoenixc#0738 wrote: » It would be nice to get the four engine Excelsior variant from the ship mothball yard in TNG That thing is so weird. https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/memoryalpha…
  • chipg7 wrote: » Probably because the T6 Nova crowd will never be happy. When it comes out, it'll not have the "right" specialization, the console/ability will "wrong for the ship," it'll be "too weak" despite not being an escort or cruiser, the…
  • valoreah wrote: » Reputation systems are entirely optional and not required for character progression. Then, what is required for character progression? How does your character "progress" in STO? What character progression IS mandatory i…
  • The creators behind Star Trek: Discovery have made significant efforts to remake Trek into something "fresh and modern". Ketwolski has an impartial and indepth analysis of the differences in camera shots, editing and even direction: However, it s…
  • reyan01 wrote: » Mostly due to the series that came before being put on some sort of pedestal? I'm sorry, but by the same token why is it okay to say "Discovery did something silly" but NOT okay to identify the fact that silly Trek plot devices ar…
  • somtaawkhar wrote: » Especially in Star Trek. A series often criticized, even by its own fanbase, for not following up aliens, factions, and plot events, from past episodes/shows, and instead endlessly making up new things only to dump them and ne…