test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is it really that hard to add in Lethean bridge officers?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I mean really... Is it actually that hard to finally add these in? Federation have so many more race options than the KDF anyway, why would you simply deny the KDF one of its primary races as bridge officer choices. Is there any reason why you haven't flipped the "Lethean bridge officer switch" yet, other than the same old forgetfulness that's been affecting your dealings (or frequent lack thereof) with the KDF since launch?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Kaegrin wrote: »
    I mean really... Is it actually that hard to finally add these in? Federation have so many more race options than the KDF anyway, why would you simply deny the KDF one of its primary races as bridge officer choices. Is there any reason why you haven't flipped the "Lethean bridge officer switch" yet, other than the same old forgetfulness that's been affecting your dealings (or frequent lack thereof) with the KDF since launch?

They also don't have Caitain or Benzite bridge officers for feds yet, despite them appearing as NPC crew on starbases and around the galaxy. I think I saw something here on the forums about it - they are holding some races back for when they revamp the Boff system - like when they add in crewman boffs that hang around your ship interior instead of in your assignments list doing nothing, then they can actually serve some kind of role on your ship and give buffs. And also for when they do Boff to playable captain conversion, things like the Caitian are being held back because itt's currently a C-store thing and getting it as a boff and then turning it playable would be the free alternative.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    They also seem to be planning on a revamp of how BOffs are claimed, with the ability to have active BOffs listed on an "Bridge Officer exchange" that Cryptic will also post listings on, including rare or exotic BOs.

I wouldn't be shocked to see BOs removed from both vendors and the normal exchange when the new system goes in.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    They also seem to be planning on a revamp of how BOffs are claimed, with the ability to have active BOffs listed on an "Bridge Officer exchange" that Cryptic will also post listings on, including rare or exotic BOs.

I wouldn't be shocked to see BOs removed from both vendors and the normal exchange when the new system goes in.

When they put in that new system, I hope that somehow, they change the Dismiss button so that when you dismiss a boff, they aren't destroyed and just go back into some kind of exchange listing for someone else to pick up.

And if they add a way to search through boff listings and track your former officers, it would be nice to see that boff get picked up by someone else and be able to keep an eye on the boff's personal log and see the new adventures they are having.

Then maybe years later you look for a new boff for your crew and spot your old one on the exchange, with an exciting history and newly trained skills and improved traits from all the levelling up and adventures they had with other captains, and take them back onto your ship.

Probably never going to happen, but it reminds me of Dr. Crusher disappearing from season 2 of TNG and then coming back again :)
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Galactrix wrote: »
    They also don't have Caitain or Benzite bridge officers for feds yet, despite them appearing as NPC crew on starbases and around the galaxy. I think I saw something here on the forums about it - they are holding some races back for when they revamp the Boff system - like when they add in crewman boffs that hang around your ship interior instead of in your assignments list doing nothing, then they can actually serve some kind of role on your ship and give buffs. And also for when they do Boff to playable captain conversion, things like the Caitian are being held back because itt's currently a C-store thing and getting it as a boff and then turning it playable would be the free alternative.

But that does not apply to the KDF, since they don't have any C-Store races and the Letheans are already playable.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    mister_dee wrote:
    But that does not apply to the KDF, since they don't have any C-Store races and the Letheans are already playable.

I believe it basically comes down to 'not bothering'.

It should not be hard to add in BOffs for existing playable species.

If it is hard, then they laid the groundwork and made their tools to make and update the game in a sloppy and haphazard manner. Considering how obviously rushed the game is on every perceivable level, this wouldn't surprise me in the least, and will continue to bite them harder and harder as time goes on.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    im guesing yes...

it must be insanely hard...
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    mister_dee wrote:

Caitian and C-store was just an example - the Benzite on the other hand falls into compliance with your thing. The Benzite is a free default playable race but you get no boffs that are Benzites.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    They're revamping the whole system and adding in an XO feature. If they ain't in then, then yeah, you have a pretty valid complaint.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I understand their whole new system, but jeeze... That's not gonna be out until at least December and Letheans would take how long to make available as bridge officers? 30 mins... An hour maybe?
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I guess this isn't high up the list of priorities.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Ive been asking for this for ages now, my thread on the same subject met with approval and support from the forum members but totally blanked by the devs.
    I wouldn't hold you breath getting any dev response on this which is a shame.
  • Options
    edited October 2010

I hope not. Currently the BOff vendor in Requisitions (both in Sol and Qo'Nos) is the only way to get a Female Alien.

The Aliens on that you get while leveling (and on the Exchange) are all Male. They need to fix that and they shouldn't take away our options until they do.

:cool:
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Blackavaar wrote: »
    I hope not. Currently the BOff vendor in Requisitions (both in Sol and Qo'Nos) is the only way to get a Female Alien.

The Aliens on that you get while leveling (and on the Exchange) are all Male. They need to fix that and they shouldn't take away our options until they do.

I assume the requisition BOs would be moved to the BO requisition exchange, since it would double as an auction house and an NPC vendor. One stop shopping for BOs supplied both by Cryptic and other players.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I assume the requisition BOs would be moved to the BO requisition exchange, since it would double as an auction house and an NPC vendor. One stop shopping for BOs supplied both by Cryptic and other players.

Well, I just hope they don't remove the Unknown in favor of the Aliens in the process, because the Females are only available for the Unknown.

Maybe I should just stock up now and mail them to myself, just in case.

• Options
    edited October 2010
    That makes it even more fail if true, because now they're not sure how to implement that feature anymore and it's slowly slipping towards the same limbo territory that Kzinti and the Enterprise-J did... Just give us our races now. Worry about the rest later. It was fine to add in Pakled, Tellarite, Klingon, Ferengi, and Rigellian BOffs, so what's the big problem with Caitian BOffs, let alone Lethean and Benzite BOffs?!?:mad:
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Well for Benzites and Lethean it's their hands.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Chat wrote:
    Well for Benzites and Lethean it's their hands.

Huh?!? Could you possibly explain what you mean a bit?
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Kaegrin wrote: »
    Huh?!? Could you possibly explain what you mean a bit?
    Benzites have two thumbs.
    Lethaens have spikes on top of their hands.

Neither is working and they want to fix that before introducing them as BOs.
    At least that was the old explanation.