test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CRM 200 Question

Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
First off, this is a really nice weapon. Seems to get an expose almost every time.

But I'm curious, why are Engineers excluded from the abilities that enhance the weapon? :confused:

Tactical: Assault Training / Special Forces / Firearms
Science: Scientific Theory / Researcher / Xenobiology
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2010
    Azurian wrote: »
    But I'm curious, why are Engineers excluded from the abilities that enhance the weapon? :confused:

That would be...?...? the tactical abilities?

So i would say it's the same reason as why Tacs can't heal or that scis can't make fabrications...
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    It's fun, but not actually very practical, since the AoE takes forever, and it has short range. But it is a decent weapon for a BO.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Naevius wrote:
    It's fun, but not actually very practical, since the AoE takes forever, and it has short range. But it is a decent weapon for a BO.
    It was very practical for my BO's (and me) who can stun/immobilize/hold enemies and close the gap to use the special attack. :D

The only downside that I noticed to using the AoE is the aggro it gained me if I was using the weapon directly... perhaps it's a bug, or a feature, but it seems that my Sci BO wields it with more safety than I do.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Don't use it if you heavy geared VA1 but at lover it kicks but. It has a stacking cold effect and with 1 sec cool down it is a nasty weapon. I have had so many stacks on a mob they just stop in there tracks.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Naevius wrote:

I gave the CRM 200 to my Breen Tactical officer and take him on away missions. Works out pretty well that way.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Kahn wrote: »
    I gave the CRM 200 to my Breen Tactical officer and take him on away missions. Works out pretty well that way.
    The Breen Tac BO doesn't help much with my current crew which relies on 2 Eng + 2 Sci officers, so I gave the CRM to my Klingon Sci BO. She freeze butt with it ;)
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I actually equip it on myself... I give all my BO's split beam rifles (All humans with the 'teamwork' ability) and I have the CRM200... What a combo! Seriously, I use the AoE setting... next thing you know at least half the mob is vaporized seconds later. GAWD what a cool ground weapon!
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I support anything that helps take down mobs quicker. It seems to me like there should be one or two really weak guys in a mob. Just to give you the illusion that you're using "weapons" to fight. Sometimes I spend a few minutes shooting guys in the chest over and over with my phaser and they just keep doing the same to me. I thing ground combat just takes too long, but this type of weapon certainly helps.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    That would be...?...? the tactical abilities?

So i would say it's the same reason as why Tacs can't heal or that scis can't make fabrications...

Tacticals heal the same as Engineers - with Hypos. (Medical Generators don't count because the regen isn't going to help you in battle).

Tacticals can summon Security, like Engineers with Drones. :rolleyes:

Shouldn't Engineers get somekind of credit in maintaining and enhancing the weapon?
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    they might not be able to spend points into it but there is a kit that enhances damage of weapons. Can't remember the name of it atm.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, Equip Tech with Quick Fix. But that only grants %15 Damage strength, which is no better than a small power cell.

Which means the damage only goes up by 2 or 3 points. Which is minor compared to the damage potential of Tacticals and Science with this gun.
This discussion has been closed.