test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patched bug ressurected

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
"A fix has been made to players being unexpectedly booted from PvP matches."

Nope. Just happened to me just now, when I joined a space arena game that just started. Got in, got booted.

Ticket # 973,972.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Thank you, we'll look into why this is still happening.

Stormshade
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I have noticed that this happens when the match is just about to start, and you have the countdown 'Game starting' from 10 - 0, and if you click the 'Engage' button on the right as it is counting down, when you get into the match you will automatically be warped out after a few seconds.

hope this makes sense, :)
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Actually, this bug is now worse since the patch. I saw this happen twice last night in arena matches: someone on our side got booted while the other side retained their "extra" player (or two). The result was a 3v5 and 3v4 match... both times some poor fed warped away while all the Klinks who zoned in went on their merry way.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    This used to happen to me when i was on the tailor while the queue popped, it made me even auto accept (i never saw the window at all!) beamed me in and straight out. But i haven't had that happen since the last patch so maybe they fixed something there.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Actually, this bug is now worse since the patch. I saw this happen twice last night in arena matches: someone on our side got booted while the other side retained their "extra" player (or two). The result was a 3v5 and 3v4 match... both times some poor fed warped away while all the Klinks who zoned in went on their merry way.

Happening more is an exaggeration, between my fleet and numerous contacts, this hasn't been too much of an issue for most of us, but I'm sorry to hear about your problems, I hope it is a temporary issue.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Not sure if this is the same thing but at least a similar issue can be reproduced (at this works for me) fairly easily: enter a (space) pvp queue, wait for the invite to show up but do not accept it. Just wait for the timer to count all the way to zero... wait a little... and voila you are entering into the pvp match (yes, without accepting the invite) but you are kinda not really on the map once you load. after about 3 seconds you get the popup "leaving this map in 10 seconds" or something similar and you can't do anything other than watch yourself warp out. If you happen to enter an already running match you will not be able to engage anyone as all players will be blue/flagged as ally. Also your name does not appear on the list of arena/match participants when you open that window.

After getting warped out, you are not able to re-enter said queue again for one or two minutes or so. Trying to do so will only return the (false) "already a member of queue" message.