test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stuck at Rear Admiral 5

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
So im a Rear Admiral 5 and Im not being awarded Skill points after any kind of engagment. It says I need to gain 2000 more skill points for my next grade but it also says I need to spend 0 more points for next rank. What gives?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    RA5 is the level cap, you will not get any more skill points until and if the cap is raised.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Basically..........You've beat the game. Not a trolling, negative comment...A truth that is very disappointing...Try being a lifetime subscriber learning that fact..
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    haha oh TRIBBLE. oh well, glad i didnt pay lifetime. so how do you get to fleet admiral or can you?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    you can't.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    so what do most people do now? all i can think is buy more ships and keep customizing them...
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    People do the Daily PvPs, Daily Exploration of B'Tran, and the Raidisode "STF: Infected". They also roll alts and lvl them rofl
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    People do the same thing they do in every game that they rush through...complain that there is not enough content its partially true but they can never develop the content for the peple who get to the end game in a month.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    You could also troll these forums for a death penalty so you can watch those less fortunate than you have a harder time getting where you are if at all. This also removes the urge to pvp for badges as the risk will not be worth the gain, except if you are a Klingon, as that's basically all they have to do is pvp.

The DP removes the stronger players and makes their pvp'ing of weaker opponants much more satisfying to their playstyle (Honorably hiding behind cloaks in packs and nailing any incoming ships with Viral Matrix before attacking with cannon spam.)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    slarus wrote: »
    People do the same thing they do in every game that they rush through...complain that there is not enough content its partially true but they can never develop the content for the peple who get to the end game in a month.

Rush through? A month an a half to level cap at a casual pace isn't rushing through anything. I don't think Ive ever been more than half way to a level cap at this point in any other MMO Ive ever played. Ive taken longer to beat single player games....
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I agree. I didn't rush through either.

I don't think it is possible for any casual gamers to have done so with all the server instability from startup.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Phaedryn wrote: »
    Rush through? A month an a half to level cap at a casual pace isn't rushing through anything. I don't think Ive ever been more than half way to a level cap at this point in any other MMO Ive ever played. Ive taken longer to beat single player games....

Yes rushed, most players are not capped.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    sock307 wrote: »
    haha oh TRIBBLE. oh well, glad i didnt pay lifetime. so how do you get to fleet admiral or can you?

As of NOW, you can't advance any higher than Rear Admiral, or Brig. General for Klingons. My suggestion is, to level a Klingon character, PvP, gear yourself up, and things like that while they work on the new updates.
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Cryptic stated that they expected 2 hours per level x 45 levels = 90 hours

At 2 hours a day since release you would be capped.

He did not rush
  • Options
    edited March 2010

i've not rushed at all and currently RA2 i've been playing quite casually.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    so what do most people do now? all i can think is buy more ships and keep customizing them...

First MMO is it?
    AReed wrote:
    i've not rushed at all and currently RA2 i've been playing quite casually.

I heard in an interview a week or so ago that the overwhelming majority of players are in the teens and twenties. I can believe it as well seeing how the PVP q went when I hit commander on an alt klingon.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Glad I found this post.. I made it to rear admiral 5 the other day and noticed the same issue.. I thought the game was glitched since it said I needed 2000 more skill points to rank 6. Thanks for the info, hopefully after the update we can move beyond admiral 5.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I guess I go back WOW for now and hope that they open the Levels up again. In retro spec they should have made it more difficult to Level out. For that matter they could have added in a level between Captain and Admiral...Called Commadore. It was fun while it lasted!
  • Options
    edited March 2010

those are probably re-rolls on alts, players who have been here from the start and not reached a RA rank are prob playing like 1 min a day. I
    It isnt that hard to kill 5 of those and scan 4 of these is it? PVE in game to RA5 should state 'skill not necessary'. To get to RA is a given, you just have to accept a mission and 'show up'.
    Completing this game is 2 months is not rushing, its just that easy and that devoid of content.
  • Options
    edited March 2010

No not rushed. I hit Radm 5 a week ago and that's playing from headstart. I also have a Klingon and another fed. I did not play every day.

To repeat. No not rushed. You are wrong. :eek:
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Sorry to completely disagree... but you seriously have to try to not level.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Droidarr wrote: »
    Sorry to completely disagree... but you seriously have to try to not level.

I agree. I didn't rush. I just played at my own pace and got into a grove and before you knew it you where level capped.

As of right now I am not happy at all with this game and I am stuck with a lifetime sub. Wish I could get a refund!

The game is too restrictive, PvP has no universe wide meaning, planets are lifeless, and everything is too damn repetitive.

The game was released too early.

Star Trek is about seeking out new life, exploring, diplomacy, and Starships...not level capped, repetitive boredom.

I really hope something good happens soon because the game is losing me fast and it has only been 2 months!
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Well I reached RA5 so I started another character...got them to RA5 and well...started a 3rd...got them to RA5 and now with no more character slots left got bored and started another game. Level Caps FTL:(
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Since I capped out at Rear Admiral 5 I've found it quite enjoyable going around and helping others make rank. However I think if Cryptic created a game with lifetime memberships they will make it possible for us to increase in rank as they create new patches and missions to keep the game going.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yep, we are all there with you OP. Except the few easily entertained that can just do "explore" all day long and actually enjoy the rubbish that is Infected. Its far to fast to level, I played this game like I play any mmo for the first weeks, obsessivly.:D

I'n most game I try a few toons before settling on one I like (got 9 80 in WoW now). But here in STO I tried engineer, didnt like it (lack of mix in the kits) so I rolled a sci scince I wanted self heals. Was very happy with the sci, was shitloads of fun to play. The game was inspiring to me, so I kept playing alot, had the hooks in me like FO3 had. Was prolly mostly the story missions that hooked me and my away team.

2 weeks later I'm there at RA5, with squatdiddly to do. So right now I'm back in WoW again having a blast in BGs and heroics. I sure hope content and ranks will be added soon, lots of both for more fun STO.

STF just doesnt do it for me, did one, got a weapon, found out i can get better weapons from the exp. mark vendor. Who really wants the craptacular radiation proc anyways? Procs 1 out of 10 shots. Total waste compared to crit sev and crit chance on the exp. mark weapons. STF doesnt feel like you have a special task force with you either. It feels like a random wipe fest till you kill the final boss.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Lucifer66 wrote: »
    Well I reached RA5 so I started another character...got them to RA5 and well...started a 3rd...got them to RA5 and now with no more character slots left got bored and started another game. Level Caps FTL:(

You need Level Caps to balance the game every so often. Of course the level cap should be increased from time to time, frequency is a whole new topic. The problem is lack of content at level cap, I thought leveling was far too quick, far too many points getting awarded of every category.
    We should have had everything halved, we would still have ended up grinding explores and had the same amount of points at end game but the repeating of explores etc would have been while levelling and not made this so much of an RA5 in 2 weeks and nothing but repeats to do.