test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pre-ordered, but didn't get a code.

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited February 2010 in The Academy
Hello,

I pre-ordered the game at my local gamestop, got my receipt but no pre-order code. Any idea's?

Looking forward to checking the game out, and possibly getting the lifetime subscrip before it expires.

Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Hello,

I pre-ordered the game at my local gamestop, got my receipt but no pre-order code. Any idea's?

Looking forward to checking the game out, and possibly getting the lifetime subscrip before it expires.

Thanks

Go back down to that GameStop and complain. They are the ones that are supposed to provide it to you.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You have to have your pre-order code activated in order to qualify for lifetime subscription. What I've heard on the forums is that at Gamestop retailers you should have recieved a card with a 25-digit code on it. Input the code into this site and you are activated. With online purchases the code should have been on your receipt or received in a seperate email. I purchased online from Atari and the code was shown on the receipt -- though it was not labeled at all, so be careful. It might be there but because it does not say "preorder code" it's easy to miss.

Look for any 25-digit sequence of numbers on the receipt if you purchased online.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I will check my receipt, and go back to the store tomorrow if I have to. Thanks for the quick replies.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well I learned my lesson this week about Best Buy and Amazon.

Best Buy sold my preordered copy of Mass Effect 2 and made me drive to another store to pick up another (only after I offered that as a suggestion at the counter out of desperation).

Amazon is blatently refusing to give me a head start key. I bought it on Friday. When I contacted them Saturday, they gave me a story about how they will e-mail it to me in 2 days. After repeatedly explaining to them why that was a ridiculous idea and getting the same carbon copy responce for their Indian customer support, I decided to wait until today as I was told. Well today came and they refused to respond to e-mails so I finally called them and after I finally got the guy to understand what I was asking for I was told marketing would contact me in 1-2 business days. Talking to supervisor got same results and I never got that call back I was supposed to get from her supervisor.

Neither will ever get my business again. And if I didn't want the Borg BO I wouldn't bother. In fact, can anyone tell me how this Borg BO works. I may be cancelling with them.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Cancel with them. I don't see the Borg Bridge Officer as being worth it. The bridge officers are NPC's that just go with you on away missions and shoot at the baddies for you. They also each give you one special skill, like High Yield Photons or Tachyon Beam. These are good -- but all the BO's do this. I don't know of anything special about the Borg BO -- maybe he has different skills but they will still only be supplemental.

I preordered with Amazon and cancelled because they would not give me a preorder key. I went to Atari instead and the key was on my receipt immediately.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You might want to check other posts and the FAQ about pre-orders.

Pre-orders give out the retail key on Feb 2, if you had one with headstart, then your open-beta key is the on e you need to use.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You know what? I'm doing it. One sec...

Done. I'm not under the impression they care one way or another about me, but it felt good knowing I'm not rewarding bad behavior.

I gave your customer service ample opportunity to avoid this, but they preferred to mock me and repeat the same carbon copy e-mail answer 3 times in a row. The last time I got an e-mail response from them, they didn't even bother to put any explanation in. I was told that I would have to wait for marketing to contact me with my head start key AFTER the head start was going to be over. I was told I would receive a call from a supervisor. Because of your incompetence, I missed out on the head start weekend and now I will take my business to some other location. You have lost a customer.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Kitsume wrote:
    You might want to check other posts and the FAQ about pre-orders.

Pre-orders give out the retail key on Feb 2, if you had one with headstart, then your open-beta key is the on e you need to use.

That's what they wouldn't give me. Doesn't matter. I'm done with them. I wonder if Gamestop has anymore left.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    your not alone, i pre-ordered the collectors edition from EB games here in AUS 3 weeks before open beta, did not get a pre-order key, the day of open beta started i rang EB and asked where was my beta key, turns out EB games in Aus were not participating in the Beta (after posting here i was advised to contact cryptic support and they sent me a beta/pre order key)

i walked past EB games the day the head start started and decided to check when they would have my copy in so i could use my pre order items.. turns out they arent providing the game copies or pre order keys untill Feb 8th. 3 days after international launch, 5 after US launch and 8-9 after head start.... i questioned them and was told they dont have the copies in stock....

however i have a mate that works in there warehouse, he took a photo of the copies they have in stock and sent it to my phone as proof.... retail game shops are dodgy as plain and simple.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    DNR wrote: »
    your not alone, i pre-ordered the collectors edition from EB games here in AUS 3 weeks before open beta, did not get a pre-order key, the day of open beta started i rang EB and asked where was my beta key, turns out EB games in Aus were not participating in the Beta (after posting here i was advised to contact cryptic support and they sent me a beta/pre order key)

i walked past EB games the day the head start started and decided to check when they would have my copy in so i could use my pre order items.. turns out they arent providing the game copies or pre order keys untill Feb 8th. 3 days after international launch, 5 after US launch and 8-9 after head start.... i questioned them and was told they dont have the copies in stock....

however i have a mate that works in there warehouse, he took a photo of the copies they have in stock and sent it to my phone as proof.... retail game shops are dodgy as plain and simple.

I've just come back from one of the EBGames shops here in Canberra. Paid upfront for the game, and when I asked about a pre-order code, they had NO IDEA what I was talking about.

Is there anything I can do to get into the game now as I'm downloading it at the moment, will patch it shortly thereafter, and really want to get into it asap!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Amaroo wrote:
    I've just come back from one of the EBGames shops here in Canberra. Paid upfront for the game, and when I asked about a pre-order code, they had NO IDEA what I was talking about.

Is there anything I can do to get into the game now as I'm downloading it at the moment, will patch it shortly thereafter, and really want to get into it asap!!!

yeh apparently EB games Aus and canada do not participate in STO pre-order key program.

i contacted Cryptics billing and support, logged a ticket with them and they arranged a pre-order key for me... im not saying its a guarantee but its worth a shot.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Cheers DNR, will try that.

Wonder if I have missed out on gtting the lifetime offer...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Amaroo wrote:
    Cheers DNR, will try that.

Wonder if I have missed out on gtting the lifetime offer...

NPS

well its still being offered on the front page so you should still be good.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    IF i can get a code. Email sent to billing, fingers crossed!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    DNR wrote: »
    yeh apparently EB games Aus and canada do not participate in STO pre-order key program.

i contacted Cryptics billing and support, logged a ticket with them and they arranged a pre-order key for me... im not saying its a guarantee but its worth a shot.

Well I tried that. I tried e-mailing support and opened a ticket on Saturday and I have been ignored. It's a little sad, but luckily I had Mass Effect to keep me happy.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ok so I ordered from Gamestop as well and didn't get a beta code. I called towards the end of beta and told them that I didn't get a code (I didn't really want to play beta its normally buggy and you lose your work anyhow) I called their customer service and spoke with a girl named Mallory, she was very nice and she had my beta key sent to me via e-mail quickly and then refunded my shipping cost. Now I can't guarantee that it will work for everyone but I was very nice to her and didn't say they lost a customer or get upset.

If you tell them they lost a customer they might not try to help you, its only worth doing a customer service recovery if you have the chance to retain the customer.

Hope it helps