test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Federation <> Klingon

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Ah screwed...

today I have found out that there isn't any chat barrier between Klingons and Federation.

Ok, this could be handy, but it destroys somewhat the feeling of war if we can chat to the enemy floating around.
Having a nice chitchat while blowing up vessels isn't the preferred way of conversations, I would say.

I know, players using this to cheat would also use teamspeak, but still it doesn't feel right to have a not existent chat barrier.

Whats your opinion?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Most MMOs don't maintain such artificial barriers. WoW does, which is why people think it's the norm, but it really isn't. CoH/CoV have had no barrier for almost five years, it works out fine, for instance.

If people are using it to harass you, ignore and report. Once enough people get account actions over it, it'll greatly diminish.
  • Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I was opposed to this too, during open beta, but I changed my mind.

When you think about it Klingons and the Federation can communicate just fine, they even monitor and jam each other's communications from time to time. We've even seen many instances of them understanding each other without translators before.
This discussion has been closed.