test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why so secretive Cryptic?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
So I see there is a small patch this morning. Great! More stuff being fixed...I guess? I know it's been said before, but, why don't ya tell us what you are patching? I don't need details, just why it's being done.

Now other companies (those who run EVE, for instance), usually state why they do something. If ya patch and don't say why, you leave us all guessing.

Not a whine, but, we are paying customers now. :3
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Its 6AM their time on a Sat morning. Just because they havent posted the notes yet doesnt mean their not going to. But congrats on your overreaction :rolleyes:
    edited January 2010
    I dont think it is all that uncommon to get patches that have no 'notes' in other games. If you ever played on a 'test server you'd see this alot. Live servers usually just consolidate them in with the larger content patches.
    edited January 2010
    Server maintenance, perhaps?
    edited January 2010
    Its 5AM their time on a Sat morning. Just because they havent posted the notes yet doesnt mean their not going to. But congrats on your overreaction :rolleyes:

Though it is a small fix and amounts to nothing more than, "Fixing some small connectivity issues," it doesn't matter what time the patch is applied, it is standard operation to say, "Fixing connectivity issues associated with xyz." Time doesn't mean anything.

Now; on the other side of the token. Who cares? It was a small patch which the developers decided was nothing of consequence. It was something done to probably fix some minor bugs or something related to some of the problems found yesterday. Anyone can assume that, do you really need to know specifically what they did? Do you want to go test it to make sure it is fixed? Are you kidding; its not BETA anymore, don't try to test it, just play the game!

When something of consequence is patched, they will post release notes. Aside from that, I could care less for the minor maintenance patched.
    edited January 2010
    edited January 2010
    Its 6AM their time on a Sat morning. Just because they havent posted the notes yet doesnt mean their not going to. But congrats on your overreaction :rolleyes:

Thanks for the link, I missed it. Also, thanks for being a total jerk about it. :D
    edited January 2010
    Huskiblu wrote:
    Thanks for the link, I missed it. Also, thanks for being a total jerk about it. :D

Oh, you mean like posting a thread accusing Cryptic of hiding something from us, when they have already told us what was going on? Yeah, hate jerks like that :o
This discussion has been closed.