test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lifetime Subscription - Please Help

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Hi there

I just pre-ordered from Amazon and I want to take on the lifetime subscription offer. I just want to know what I have to do now to qualify for the lifetime subscription.

Thanks

Ryno
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    think you had to be part of beta testing but not sure! :confused:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    hm, Amazon. Well, just activate your pre-order key, log on www.startrekonline.com and click on Lifetime - in simply way
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    PAKOofMM wrote: »
    Hi there

I just pre-ordered from Amazon and I want to take on the lifetime subscription offer. I just want to know what I have to do now to qualify for the lifetime subscription.

Thanks

Ryno
    Heya, welcome to STO :)
    http://www.startrekonline.com/exclusive_specials
    Will need a pre order key though.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You need the preorder key from amazon entered into your account and also having subscribed the LTA until Feb the 1st. Only preorderaccounts qualify for the actual TLA offer!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hi there

THanks for all the help.

I don't have the pre-order key yet and the delivery time for my pre-order box is only 05 Feb - 12 Feb.:confused:

Will I still be able to qualify? :(
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In 2 or 3 days you will receive an email from store-news@amazon.com The subject line will read: Your Pre-order Bonus for Ordering "Star Trek Online" at Amazon.com

This email will say: Dear Amazon.com Customer,

The Amazon Video Games team thanks you for your pre-order of Star Trek Online . Now it's time to get you your pre-order bonus code.

Here is your code(s): blah blah blah code here.

Then go here: http://www.startrekonline.com/enter_key and enter the code from that email.

Afterwards, go here: http://www.startrekonline.com/exclusive_specials and click on "Lifetime Subscription Click to Purchase." Then follow the instructions to purchase your Lifetime Subscription.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Thanks a lot guys.

I had a late wake up call this morning on my email, but I hope to see a lot of you guys in the time to come.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Slightly different problem here. I'm trying to pay with both paypal and my visa debit card. I have the funds in my bank account but both ways give me an error. THE DEBIT CARD KEEPS TELLING ME PAYPAL NEVER SENT THE PAYMENT (WTF! iM USING MY CARD HERE!) and paypal does exactly the same. I know the funds are there. I know I have pre-order status on my account. Add to that, I know that cryptic keep bouncing the payment back.

For the love of gods, It ends on monday and their billing support don't open again till monday, wth do I do....

I can't even buy the DDE's because my card is constantly being refused and its really narking me off!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Log in to your Paypal account and verify that the funds are indeed on your account and available for use.

I mention that last part because sometimes banks (I do not know if Paypal does this as well) will show the funds on your account but list them as "not available for use until verified." There are several possible reasons for this.

If those funds are listed on your account and available for use and you still cannot pay with Paypal then you should call Paypal's customer service department. Neither Cryptic nor Atari can help you with that.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Log in to your Paypal account and verify that the funds are indeed on your account and available for use.

I mention that last part because sometimes banks (I do not know if Paypal does this as well) will show the funds on your account but list them as "not available for use until verified." There are several possible reasons for this.

If those funds are listed on your account and available for use and you still cannot pay with Paypal then you should call Paypal's customer service department. Neither Cryptic nor Atari can help you with that.

You completly missed what I said. There is nothing listed on my paypal account transaction wise failed or otherwise.

And when I attempt to pay from my bank, the funds go out and cryptic doesn't accept them. The bank authorises the transaction but it gets refunded straight back from cryptic as if it is bouncing.

Also, why am I getting the paypal message when I am trying to pay by card.

THIS |IS cryptics fault, my bank has told and shown me so...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    THIS |IS cryptics fault, my bank has told and shown me so...
    Ok, perhaps I did misunderstand what you meant. When you said that your card was constantly being refused this made me think that the problem was probably on your end.

If you go here http://www.startrekonline.com/support/billing you can file a ticket. It also has the phone numbers that you can call, but as you can see they're closed until Monday.
This discussion has been closed.