test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Costume customization - rank.. why does it cost?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
It's very silly that it costs me 120 energy credits to put pips on my uniform to reflect my rank.

This should happen automatically. I shouldn't have to go to the tailor to change it.. much less pay for it. This is one thing that needs to be changed ASAP. It makes no sense. Who's with me?

What's even stranger is that it also costs me 120 credits to take a pip off of my uniform. :confused:
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Meh, energy credits are very easy to make though :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm with you. You should get them at the promotion ceremony for free. I work in Corrections and even I get my rank for free when I get promoted.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hmm, real world for me on promotion. buy new insignia and some have to be sewn on the uniforms. Class As, Class Bs, Blues and 12 ACUs - 4 hats, a helmet cover, and the body armor. Not as bad as it used to be with BDUs as ACU uniforms have velcro. but apair of velcro rank patches costs about $6. So suck it up and enjoy a minorly realistic feature of uniformed life.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Let's see, when I was n the US Army, total rank insignia cost for me....$0 as it was issued to me upon promotion. Still should be free in game.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    i spent a whole day in beta trying to figure out how to get LT to show up on my uniform. I got the ability to display lt commander when i was promoted to that, but i never got the opportunity to display lt. I tried talking to the promotion ceremony guy when i was a Lt, didn't work.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    maximus92 wrote: »
    Let's see, when I was n the US Army, total rank insignia cost for me....$0 as it was issued to me upon promotion. Still should be free in game.

That must have been nice, but I have to agree with Catsmeat. I only get the one rank for my chest. Just yesterday I had to go get a new hat sewn up for my promotion on the 1st, at cost to me.
  • Options
    edited January 2010

FYI Starfleet is not US Army. ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Jaug wrote:
    That must have been nice, but I have to agree with Catsmeat. I only get the one rank for my chest. Just yesterday I had to go get a new hat sewn up for my promotion on the 1st, at cost to me.

My point is at the very least your initial rank that they "pin" on you at promotion is free. Which is what I meant to say. I did opt to buy cloth rank and have them sewn on at my cost, however that was my option. Also with clothing allowance, that stuff is technically free. Of course I'm from the BDU era, 92-00, pre that awful beret.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    nukem170 wrote: »
    FYI Starfleet is not US Army. ;)

Which is based on the US Navy, and their initial promotion rank is free.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Of course I'm from the BDU era, 92-00, pre that awful beret.

Remember having to get all your tops sewn up any time you got a promotion or a new unit patch? Velcro has made that quite a bit easier. Plus you don't get your collar bones broken when you "rank up", now you just get a punch in the chest.:p
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    so is anyone gonna tell me how to unlock Lt for my uniform? Or am i just going to have to avoid showing any rank untill im Lt Commander and get that as a uniform option from the promotion quest ;_;
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    you have to go to the cardassian on SB1 to change your rank on your uniform
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm with you. You should get them at the promotion ceremony for free. I work in Corrections and even I get my rank for free when I get promoted.

Actually, you DO get a free uniform change when you reach Lt Com. I can only assume its the same with each rank.
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Must have been a long-TRIBBLE time ago. For the last 6 of my years, you pay for everything. Granted, you do get a yearly allowance of $200 for uniforms. Also, any dry cleaning and sewing of insignia is tax deductible.

Got I love the system.
This discussion has been closed.