test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OMG I have no issues!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
as a vet of several drop days I have to say this is one of the smoothest launches I've seen.
and no, I'm not being sarcastic.

one thing that may not have made it out of beta however, it appears that mobs can shoot through objects.

on the first rescue mission where you fight the orians, one got behind an asteriod and got stuck, but he was still able to target and attack me while I had to circle the roid to get los and lock weaps.

at this level its an annoyance, but if its a hard mob that pathing/collision issue will get ugly real fast
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    swag-nyc wrote: »
    as a vet of several drop days I have to say this is one of the smoothest launches I've seen.

one thing that may not have made it out of beta however, it appears that mobs can shoot through objects.

on the first rescue mission where you fight the orians, one got behind an asteriod and got stuck, but he was still able to target and attack me while I had to circle the roid to get los and lock weaps.

at this level its an annoyance, but if its a hard mob that pathing/collision issue will get ugly real fast

Yes, I'd imagine most non STEAM users " are" enjoying the game right now.
    edited January 2010
    I bugged this in beta myself. If an AI ship accidentally gets stuck on an asteroid it can take pot shots at you at its leisure, while you have to maneuver around. It's pretty annoying, for sure.
    edited January 2010
    Yes, I'd imagine most non STEAM users " are" enjoying the game right now.

Yes we are. just kidding, I feel for you steam sucks for MMOs. good for single player games, but never MMOs.
    edited January 2010
    I, too, would like to complain that I have no issues.

Wait, I do have one. I still can't see my name or healthbar over my character/ship.

Phew, there, I feel better now!.

--NT
    edited January 2010
    Ulfhedjinn wrote: »
    I bugged this in beta myself. If an AI ship accidentally gets stuck on an asteroid it can take pot shots at you at its leisure, while you have to maneuver around. It's pretty annoying, for sure.

I bugged it as well ... annoying that you can't shoot but they can. It'll get fixed in the next couple weeks I hope.
    edited January 2010
    yeah, I use steam regularly being an avid TF2 fan, but I had a bad feeling about letting them play middleman between my client and the server simply because they were the retailer.

I went with the atari download
    edited January 2010
    swag-nyc wrote: »

I too had no problems, logged in at 10:00 am and played till 1:00pm when I had to go to work. Don't know what everyone elses issues are, but ihave none.
    edited January 2010
    I'll jump on the "having no issues" bandwagon... But that's unfortunately because I have work... Having no problems logging in. Haven't been dropped. Not even working on a big download in order to play.

<sigh>

Some people don't know when to complain and when to appreciate what they have.
    edited January 2010
    I have a bad azz CPU and I love steam since day 1. I expect no issues.
    edited January 2010
    Except for little lag, i have no issues at all. And shockingly i logged in without any wait time.
    :D
    GJ Cryptic.
    edited January 2010
    Once they fixed the borg thing I am good to go. easy to log in and little to no lag.
This discussion has been closed.