Install Arc

Worst launch since EQ 1....nice FAIL....want my BORG

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
blah blah blah :mad::mad::mad::mad:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    this 4 day headstart does not give you the borg yet or any preorder bonuses from what ive read in about 3 or 4 different threads.
    edited January 2010
    He is talking about the playable borg and not the borg BO
    edited January 2010
    Bah, EQ1 wasn't even that bad. You should have been there for the launch of Anarchy Online, or World War Online.. In fact, considering how many bad launches I've born witness to, I'd say EQ1 had a pretty GOOD launch.
    edited January 2010
    You guys are hilarious. The game is very playable, I am playing right now; with 0 lag and very few bugs encountered thus far.

This is very good; oh and I was there for EQ1 Launch and 13 other MMOs prior to this (including WoW and Aion). This is by far, the best launch I have ever experienced.

I am a lifer and my main will be Borg. But, that doesn't make me mad at all. Why should it? Everything and I mean everything goes wrong at launch. For this to be the only problem shows signs of great things to come. Great Job Cryptic.
    edited January 2010
    Threather wrote:
    You guys are hilarious. The game is very playable, I am playing right now; with 0 lag and very few bugs encountered thus far.

Lucky you, I can't even get into Sol.
    edited January 2010
    Vraesh wrote: »
    You obviously didn't play Anarchy Online at launch.

I was going to say...
    edited January 2010
    This game plays great, it is very stable, it is quite nice, the only issue is the C-Store is borked and we can't access our Borg Captains.

This is far from 'fail' but hey I'm just crazy and actually look at things beyond how they effect me personally.
    edited January 2010
    Worst launch since EQ 1

You obviously didn't play Anarchy Online at launch.
    edited January 2010
    kright0n wrote: »

Your post is FAIL. Everything else is pretty goood.
    edited January 2010
    we need a forum command

/Squelchwhiny*****postaboutnothavingborgimmediatelyavailabletoyou.
    edited January 2010
    During OB, Cryptic said that they are installing new hardware, so we will not get this “Server not responding” + 40k ms ping any more.

I guess that the new hardware have not arrived yet , so we shall patiently wait for it to be installed.

You are so lame….it’s a rip off.

All you have to do is to tell us the f u ck ing truth , that’s it, no more ..no less.
    But no , you choose to ignore your potential future customers.

That’s not the way to conduct a business, that is your way down the hill.
    edited January 2010
    I haven't experienced that, but hey I'm not known business guru 'Jesus69'
    edited January 2010
    Worst launch since EQ 1

Yeah right.
    Did you play Aion? Only took them 'days' to stop EIGHT hour queues forming on some shards.
    edited January 2010
    blah blah blah :mad:::mad:

This is going quite well , you never played Age of Conan or Warhammer Online at launch then :rolleyes:
    edited January 2010
    Kuomi wrote: »
    Yeah right.
    Did you play Aion? Only took them 'days' to stop EIGHT hour queues forming on some shards.

I bet you played on one of the inferior servers whos names ended with -el, -el servers are for casuals and babies.

Anyway this is a good launch, server is stable, im in playing and dont notice any crazy lag or crashes.
    edited January 2010
    Seriously!!!! Please tell me these griefers had played at least 1 MMO at launch????

Even Aion had a rough US launch and they were already running the game for half a year in Asia!

You want a bad launch, Blitzkrieg Online was completly unplayable several weeks after launch, lost it's community by the time it was fixed and probably the greatest hyped up fail I can think of.
    edited January 2010
    i've had the client crash on me a few times, but i'm not mad. I remember wow's launch, I only got to play a few hrs the first week due to random disconnects, so I came in expecting alot more down time than i have had so far.
    edited January 2010
    Man Phones customer Service (CS) Line: "Hey I bought this bran new printer from you yesterday. I just hooked it up and it doesn't Work. I want you guys to get over here, pick this piece of junk up and refund my money!!"

CS: Whats wrong with the printer?

Man: It Doesn't Work!!! Connected it and doesn't print or do anything!!!

CS: Did you Plug it in?

Man: Nerver Mind!! Click.
    edited January 2010
    darkAthena wrote: »
    Seriously!!!! Please tell me these griefers had played at least 1 MMO at launch????

Even Aion had a rough US launch and they were already running the game for half a year in Asia!

You want a bad launch, Blitzkrieg Online was completly unplayable several weeks after launch, lost it's community by the time it was fixed and probably the greatest hyped up fail I can think of.

I wish I still had SS.

Day 1 of WoW launch.

I was 1337th in line

I was happy and sad at the same time.
    edited January 2010
    I never even heard of a login queu before WoW. I dont think they existed. WoWs contribution to mmos: login queus. The only thing they did not copy from other games.
    edited January 2010
    /beats fists against wall
    No Borg at pre-launch?! life really does suck
    /turns off news about Haiti
    edited January 2010
    /beats fists against wall
    No Borg at pre-launch?! life really does suck
    /turns off news about Haiti

Um...probably because they want to make sure you to buy the game?
    edited January 2010

You fail just play the game you will get your borg and you will be assimilated in the process
    edited January 2010
    You guys haven't played many mmo's at launch if you think this is any where near a bad launch.
    As far as launches go this has been pretty good and Cryptic has been fast to fix the things that weren't working, ie: borg etc..
    edited January 2010
    Threather wrote:

This is very good; oh and I was there for EQ1 Launch and 13 other MMOs prior to this (including WoW and Aion). This is by far, the best launch I have ever experienced.

I am a lifer and my main will be Borg. But, that doesn't make me mad at all. Why should it? Everything and I mean everything goes wrong at launch. For this to be the only problem shows signs of great things to come. Great Job Cryptic.

This. Granted I'm at work atm but I played earlier today and it was fine. Little lag getting in but once I was in game, ran fine. No lag, didn't get disconnected etc. Ran great. Can't wait to play more.
This discussion has been closed.