test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

uniform custumization

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
anyone else getting an arror message for the rank? i choose lt commander but it does not take
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Yes, I had the same issue when trying to update my uniform.
    edited January 2010
    Haven't encountered the bug myself yet.
    edited January 2010
    Yep had the same thing. Tried redoing my Uni and nothing seemed to work. Also couldn't change my facial features either.
    edited January 2010
    Been having this as well.

There seems to be some error message in red when i go to the tailor (it shows above my avatar when I'm in the editor.) Something about a 'bone item'' misplaced. I can't change anything now, from rank and uniform to features.
    Been like this since yesterdays patching about. Anyone bugged reported it yet?
    edited January 2010
    Solardream wrote: »
    Been having this as well.

There seems to be some error message in red when i go to the tailor (it shows above my avatar when I'm in the editor.) Something about a 'bone item'' misplaced. I can't change anything now, from rank and uniform to features.
    Been like this since yesterdays patching about. Anyone bugged reported it yet?

Well how is your character customized? The "bone item misplaced" thing you mention could mean the uniforms have not been coded to match every body type yet and to prevent clipping they have created a failsafe.
    edited January 2010
    I don't get an error message when I try to put on LT pips for my uniform, it just doesn't let me.
    edited January 2010
    I had the same issue when attempting upgrading my pips. The only options I had available were to keep the current or choose 'none'.

The error message at the top of my screen was;

Costume Validation for player error: Name: Hudo, Bone Stm_Rank, Geo M_Rank_Sf_G01_01_Ltcommander_01, h Geo Def., failed Costume Restriction Check (I had to write it down to submit the bug report :D)

I'm wondering if that line of code is detecting an error in my level. My current rank is Cmdr 2, yet I see that Ltcommander_01 in there. Anyone know if that is supposed to be the current rank or what pips I have equipped?
    edited January 2010
    Hudah wrote:
    I had the same issue when attempting upgrading my pips. The only options I had available were to keep the current or choose 'none'.

The error message at the top of my screen was;

Costume Validation for player error: Name: Hudo, Bone Stm_Rank, Geo M_Rank_Sf_G01_01_Ltcommander_01, h Geo Def., failed Costume Restriction Check (I had to write it down to submit the bug report :D)

I'm wondering if that line of code is detecting an error in my level. My current rank is Cmdr 2, yet I see that Ltcommander_01 in there. Anyone know if that is supposed to be the current rank or what pips I have equipped?

Yes. I got the same error code and now it won't take any costume changes...
    edited January 2010
    Danimal wrote: »
    I don't get an error message when I try to put on LT pips for my uniform, it just doesn't let me.

Same problem here. :(

Edit: Also, watch out. Those tailors still overcharge beyond the listed price. :mad: